Spec V v. two different WRX's
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Spec V v. two different WRX's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was out last night around 9:00 pm in Plano, headed down 14th, when I ran into a guy ...

Thumbs up Spec V v. two different WRX's

So I was out last night around 9:00 pm in Plano, headed down 14th, when I ran into a guy driving his WRX with his girlfriend in the passenger. I know most of the time the girls don't let us run, but in this case it was on. I looked over at him and honked it out. The first run, he started in third and I killed him starting in second. The next couple were slowed by traffic, but in both I was pulling on him through 3rd. The last race, we lined up for a 40 punch and after a slow pull through 2nd and 3rd, I pulled a good 3-4 car lengths on him in 4th. We shut down after that and talked for a minute. He was pretty cool, saying his was stock, compared to mine with i/h/e. All in all a good run and a good kill.
    Later that night....
    I found a white WRX, again in Plano, and it was tough to get him to race. I tried three honks, but it took us a few times of me doing this for him to understand it.. Once we got lined up and raced, it was from around 40 mph to 100mph. During this run I had a steady pull the whole time. Once I shut down at 100mph I was a good 2 to 3 carlengths ahead. After the run the guy pointed at me as I was turning off the frontage rd, I looked over and gave him the thumbs up. Not as good as the first kill, but oh well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ummm.... What mods do you have.... his doesnt sound right.
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Get a life. Go to a track and get off the road.

list mods or

I'm no flamer or hater but unless you got some proof...You can't fool any of us over here w/that non-sense...I call b.s w/out proof
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Unless you have a ringer of a car I am putting up the flag

How easily you believe it when you are the one winning. As for my mods, I listed those in the story. Intake, header and exhaust. These were not off the line, so there wasn't the advantage of awd. When you think about the horsepower and the weight involved with the two cars, the race starts to make more sense. I posted this to find out if the cars were stock or not, thinking that one of the drivers might post on here. Get on the track?!?!?!? What in the hell are the rest of the posts in this thread about? If there are anything but fanboys on the site, please have them post instead of the jackasses that have posted so far.

Generally you shouldnt make your first two posts about beating wrx's your going to get flamed for that. No one really cares that you beat them go back to your sentra fourm.

Originally posted by rs6er
    Get a life. Go to a track and get off the road.
    Nice first post EVAR. Troll.
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

The wrx was an auto

Don't take too much offense to our responses, but we have been through this before. Almost all of us have raced the Spec V and it was a general consensus that its a nice car especially for the price and reasonably quick, but not as quick as a WRX a 5-speed at least. Also you stated beating the WRX by 3-4 lengths by 4th gear, he must be a terrible driver.

im not going to call BS, i think its possible that you beat him, but by 3-4 car lengths is what gets me..
    I have a friend with an SE-R 6-speed with intake and i have a modded GSR. from 40mph he pulls initially because of torque but by 55mph i am pulling hard on him. i would think that from 40mph me and a wrx would be a good race with him edging me out, from something higher like 60-70mph i would pull a couple cars or so. i am not calling you a liar, but i dont think that your exhaust and headers could net you 5 carlengths on a wrx. i would believe 1-2 though.

man, i really wanna race a stock rex with my car
    it would be o so fun, all my friends rex's are modded

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=115&ID2=269

this is against an automatic. We all come from hopping up hondas and other NA 4 cylinders and we know that your mods together may give 15 hp. I was going to buy a Spec V after hearing it "should" be quicker than a Type R. However that was not the truth

Originally posted by ttownrex
    http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=115&ID2=269

this is against an automatic. We all come from hopping up hondas and other NA 4 cylinders and we know that your mods together may give 15 hp. I was going to buy a Spec V after hearing it "should" be quicker than a Type R. However that was not the truth
    wrx performes better in all scenarios except the roll and street start. this makes decent sense.
    I was a little disapointed with the ser power also. they said it was going to beat up on type R's because of the extra torque, so now every person that drives one is under the assumption he can beat a type R. a kid at my school has a type R with catback and intake, and runs a 14.5, and my friend with a low 15sec ser thinks he can take him because a magazine said he could

WRX
    It might have been an auto. If it were stock, you'd give it fits. But bring it my way
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast