Spec V v. two different WRX's - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Spec V v. two different WRX's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ilivas I think 20whp is a bit optimistic on an NA car. Don't those cars come with ...

Originally posted by ilivas
    I think 20whp is a bit optimistic on an NA car.

Don't those cars come with SR20DET's?
    the 92-96 ones did. the newer ones use a new engine that's a QE-24 or something stupid. I/H/E will give you 20 at the crank max.

the wrxs might have just been terrible drivers.

still, don't come on a subaru forum saying "oh i beat two subarus" and then expect to A) not be challenged and B) be flamed for racing on the street.

i for one hope you kill yourself in an accident.

but yeah, a wrx with intake, headers and exhaust will simply rip you a new *******. and next time race from a stop. i bet you can't launch worth ****.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A Spec with I/H/E really doesn't trap higher than 95mph, if that. For that reason alone, I have a very hard time understanding how you put 3-4 cars on a WRX from a roll. Even low 14 second Spec V's can't seem to trap higher than 96-97mph (N/A of course). This doesn't add up to me at all.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. I'm with DTR with this one.

Stock 4eat's don't lose boost off shifts like the Stock MT's do. So shouldn't they be faster on the roll?

no. their gearing is very different and much taller.

Originally posted by emosubaru
    no. their gearing is very different and much taller.
    Boy, the 4eat just gets uglier everytime I hear someone comparing the MT to it.

First they can't launch to take advantage of the awd (stock)
    Then they lose more ponies to the wheel than the MT
    Aren't they also heavier due to the Trans?
    And last but not least, the gearing sucks and them keeping the boost doesn't mean ##$R!

Well, I guess it's about time for me to step in and clear a few things up. The answer to all the accusations about the mods is yes, there is more done to it than that. So you got me there. I just wanted to incite some Dallas locals to come out and help me find out if it was a fluke or not. But as for the speculations on the WRX's being auto's, I'm not sure about the second one, but the first one (the black one) was definitely a manual. I stopped at a gas station afterwards and chatted with the driver. He was really impressed with how fast my car was. And he was also definitely stock. I would love to have someone from this board come and meet me somewhere to help me find out if it was a fluke or not. I have a lot of respect for your cars, expecially with the potential that they have. Without dropping another ton of money into mine, I'm not going to be able to hang with the modded WRX's.
    On another note, I noticed a couple people bashing me for racing. That's fine, I respect your opinion and try to keep it safe when I'm out on the road, at least as safe as I can be. There is an inherent danger is what I was doing and I understand that. But hoping that I get in an accident and die... well that's taking it a little too far.
    Now to the mods I have done to my car. Well, if you want to know, then pm me and I'll spill the beans, and maybe you can come out and help me find out what my car could do against stock Rex's with good driver's. I recently raced a RSX-S with intake, clutch and hondata reflash, and I was hanging decently with him, though I still lost. There will be videos posted on that one, although they aren't up yet. The thread they should be on is http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...&page=14&pp=25 This should help to clear up the doubters. Again, I'm not saying that I could beat modded WRX's, but come on guys, help me prove what I'm talking about.

Good for you for not being offended by us...

I think 20whp is a bit optimistic on an NA car.

Don't those cars come with SR20DET's?
    Originally posted by emosubaru the 92-96 ones did.
    Whaaaat? You're telling me that there were USDM Sentras with SR20DETs? I don't think so.

They were not sr20DET's...but just sr20's non-turbo.

Originally posted by REX DoRiFtO
    They were not sr20DET's...but just sr20's non-turbo.
    Yup.

DE's only not DET's. If they were DET's, I would have kept mine. Maybe not...

If you lost to an rsx type s, I don't see why you would beat a wrx.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

You live in Plano, Texas? I will be in Dallas this summer and will be happy to run against you. Just don't go spraying or anything. BTW I think removing the Balancing shafts gives some decent power.

If you lost to an rsx type s, I don't see why you would beat a wrx.
    It wasn't a stock RSX-S. Just FYI.

I don't understand this guy though. I regularly post on the V-Board and he's already posted this story, but he omitted all these "secret" mods he now has. And honestly, why post your race stories on 3 different boards? If you race a WRX, why do you feel the need to get on ClubWRX and tell everyone? Same goes for the RSX - go to ClubRSX and post it, what are you expecting? A clap on the back and a "good job?" You should know better...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

I used to own a SpecV. I sold it for a 2003 Maxima as a daily driver instead. It was pretty quick in it's own right, particularly if you could snap it off the line without getting TOO much tire spin. During the time I owned that car, I bought the WRX. So I can compare 1st hand a stock WRX to a stock SpecV, and I can tell you that the SpecV was slower in general. I have not driven a SpecV with I/H/E however based on what I know about the power levels offered by those mods alone, I can't see any way you'd take a stock 5-speed WRX by 4 cars unless he was a terrible driver, didn't downshift or was automatic. Just my $.02, I am not doubting your story, just saying it's improbable that much of a beating would occur with every stock WRX encounter. Honestly, my 6-speed 2003 Maxima SE is alot faster than the SpecV ever was (not surprisingly). My former SpecV:

http://www.fsengage.com/Camel/SE-R.html
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.