Spec V v. two different WRX's - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Spec V v. two different WRX's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Studawg21 So I was out last night around 9:00 pm in Plano, headed down 14th, when I ...

Re: Spec V v. two different WRX's

Originally posted by Studawg21
    So I was out last night around 9:00 pm in Plano, headed down 14th, when I ran into a guy driving his WRX with his girlfriend in the passenger. I know most of the time the girls don't let us run, but in this case it was on. I looked over at him and honked it out. The first run, he started in third and I killed him starting in second. The next couple were slowed by traffic, but in both I was pulling on him through 3rd. The last race, we lined up for a 40 punch and after a slow pull through 2nd and 3rd, I pulled a good 3-4 car lengths on him in 4th. We shut down after that and talked for a minute. He was pretty cool, saying his was stock, compared to mine with i/h/e. All in all a good run and a good kill.
    Later that night....
    I found a white WRX, again in Plano, and it was tough to get him to race. I tried three honks, but it took us a few times of me doing this for him to understand it.. Once we got lined up and raced, it was from around 40 mph to 100mph. During this run I had a steady pull the whole time. Once I shut down at 100mph I was a good 2 to 3 carlengths ahead. After the run the guy pointed at me as I was turning off the frontage rd, I looked over and gave him the thumbs up. Not as good as the first kill, but oh well.

I'll be the first to congrats u. Nice kill!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Spec V taking WRX from a roll? with only IHE? hmmm.. add some cams and i might believe you had him by a car or so, but by 3-4? nah.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

ahhem. The wrx will beat a Spec V from a roll also. Look at the trap speed of the two cars, on average the WRX has about 3 - 4 mph's on the SER. A type R and a WRX from a roll would be about a dead heat.

i believe he can take a wrx off a roll with all that...i think his supposed to run low 14's with his setup...i dont think he would take one that bad unless the wrx was auto...spec v is a nice car....good 2.5.....and i remember reading somewhere its 30-50 in 2nd gear is 2.31 stock....wrx is 2.3 from what i remember....that's stock on stock....so if this guy has intake headers and exhaust than it seems to have a ring of truth to it....dont get all over the guy cause he beat one of our cars...but yeah...starting your posting on clubwrx with a story about a kill isn't exactly gonna get you a nice welcome to the club.........also i like the spec v's but whoever said there is no replacement for displacement is a total idiot.....just with an mbc and some ice on a wrx intercooler (or sprayer) u can run high 13's...some guy has it in his signature that he ran 13.55 with homemade sprayer kit and mbc......i keep up with your bigger badder brother the 350z off a roll (have the vid 2 prove it..with just mbc downpipe and ****ty aem cai)........you were lucky they were stock

but overall...nice kills...post some pics of your spec v if you have any..i like the look of that car

I have personally when my car was stock raced a spec v w/intake and exhaust. He never got past my back bumper. Both were manuals. I only call BS if I personally have experienced it. I would put my car back to stock drive to your location just to race you and prove it. I think your car is hot but I just dont think that you pulled a stock wrx...Sorry.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

see, i dont think hes calling bs in beating a rex. with his mods its very possible, but to pull 3-4 cars just sounds too far fetched. anything is possible ofcouse, but on average an ser with his mods wont beat a wrx by 3-4 cars, unless the wrx is auto.

like i said, i walk my friends spec V with intake in my modded GSR from a roll. and a race between me and wrx from a roll would be pretty good with me pulling as we got faster, (90mph range). i dont see his mods making up 6 carlengths

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    see, i dont think hes calling bs in beating a rex. with his mods its very possible, but to pull 3-4 cars just sounds too far fetched. anything is possible ofcouse, but on average an ser with his mods wont beat a wrx by 3-4 cars, unless the wrx is auto.

like i said, i walk my friends spec V with intake in my modded GSR from a roll. and a race between me and wrx from a roll would be pretty good with me pulling as we got faster, (90mph range). i dont see his mods making up 6 carlengths
    have u driven a 4eat? i feel they pull harder from a roll then MTs. just drop it into 3rd...

the Spec v is only good up to 70 mph.
    2003 GTI ,Ko4,Revo 4 bar,Bar 4 fpr

Originally posted by eulerfx
    have u driven a 4eat? i feel they pull harder from a roll then MTs. just drop it into 3rd...
    actually no, i have not driven an automatic rex yet.(dont really have the desire).

i am pretty sure that a 5speed still is faster from any point though, i could be wrong though

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by DTR maxima

man, i really wanna race a stock rex with my car
    it would be o so fun, all my friends rex's are modded
    I would love to race you,but i keep getting this image of the chi-town Hustler(old dragrace car)
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by josnroh
    I would love to race you,but i keep getting this image of the chi-town Hustler(old dragrace car)
    HAHHAHA
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Has anyone taken some time to check out Spec V, cool car but not mod friendly. I/H/E may get you 20WHP if you are lucky. Go check out some forums where you can see dozens of dyno plots proving that.

So I to say BS.
    -Andrew

I think 20whp is a bit optimistic on an NA car.

Don't those cars come with SR20DET's?
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

actually one of my best friends has a 02 spec V and we race all the time from a roll, dig or whatever and he has never beaten my WRX. when i was stock and he had just an intake i beat him all the time. now he has I-H-E-new valve train, cams, and a built head in his spec and im stage 2 + up pipe and i STILL beat him easily. it kinda pisses him off really i keep tellin him to sell his spec and buy an evo or a WRX/STI. its a nice car for the money (the spec) but has crap out for after market parts for it. i know this cause he whines about that 24-7. o yah with his mods now he beats up on stock WRX's now pretty decently from a roll and with slicks maybe from a dig. thats all first post ever i think go mEH!

welcome 2 the clubbbbbb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.