Audi vs Tree - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Audi vs Tree within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well god damn That's messed up...

Well god damn
    That's messed up
    Last edited by breepsh; 03-19-2004 at 06:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image015.jpg  

J-H
    Turbo Diesel A3 AUDI Iguess they do exist.

But 56 mph and this type of damage, damn...looks like a FIAT or something...something is not right...

JH

dude, look at the bend in that steering wheel. think it was his head?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

It says it happened in Portugal. I lived over there for two years. Craziest drivers in the world. I witnessed at least one accident every week.
    '02 White WRX Wagon
    VF34, STi Pinks, Perrin IC Hoses, AP V2, Borla Catback, Perrin Up-pipe, Stromung Downpipe

when i was in europe i fell in love with the way the a3 looks. obviously that one isn't in pristine condition. i feel bad for whoever was in that a3's families.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Ouch... Amazing. I would be really amazed if anyone got out of that car alive.

Originally posted by J-H
    Turbo Diesel A3 AUDI Iguess they do exist.

But 56 mph and this type of damage, damn...looks like a FIAT or something...something is not right...

JH
    I would imagine the impact was at a greater speed than that. Any crash violent enough to rip a car into bits, and throw the engine yards away probably has enough inertia to move the needles on the speedo and tach.

If that was a 56mph crash, Audi's got a lot of explaining to do. (like a 1/2 lb of C4 in the back seat?)

that's a kph speedo for starters

I Support ClubWRX
    Crash investigation will teach us that where ever the speedo is "froze" at doesnt mean that's the impact speed. If there's that much damage I'm sure the speedo cable probaly broke and that's just where the needle was when it happened. Next time you start to spin on ice (with a fwd or rwd car) watch the speedo...it climbs really fast. Most accidents impact happens when you are into a slide so your speedo is alsmost free spinning due to the resistence that it offers. So looking at a speedo does little or not good...the only way to judge is by skid marks and first person accounts.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless that car is made of styrofoam, I'd say the impact speed was 100+mph. Jeebus, that thing is scattered.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.