GSX vs. GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on GSX vs. GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, what's up Doesn't involve a WRX but I thought some might enjoy it I beat a new GT ...

GSX vs. GT

Hey guys, what's up
    Doesn't involve a WRX but I thought some might enjoy it

I beat a new GT last weekend on the freeway. My friend James was in the car with me, it was like 6am and we were comin back from a party. I got up next to him, downshifted and waited. He got the slight jump, than I pulled him pretty good, but if he was stock, I should have pulled him better. First time was a 60 punch, walked away, think I surprised him so he gets next to me again all serious. Second was a 90 punch, this time he hung better, I put about 1 and a half cars in fourth (90 - 117mph). This Mustang driver was an ass, and he pretty much did a reckless flyby after I pulled on him. It would have been a slaughter from a stop. Twenty minutes later I happen to line up with a Z28 Ls1 at a light, I start revvin a litte, dude just wouldn't go. I know he was thinkin I was an annoying ricer or something but I presented him with the perfect chance to show off his 5.7L. Well a couple lights later, I get in the turn lane and he rolls up beside me again, and he starts revin at me knowing I can't go now. What a *****! Pretty sure I would've taken him but I'll never know.

My setup: Black 95 GSX
    18G (21 psi on the street)
    Greddy FMIC with hard piping
    3inch turbo back exhaust
    660 injectors, SAFC 2, MBC, and all the other DSM stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn, nice setup on your car.

Would love to run you and see what happens.
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

thanks, where are you located?

Portland, Ore
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

That's not too bad - I'm in Tacoma about 3 hours away

this dude i know his plate syas true psi runs an 18g running psi on pump gas those 18gs are pretty nasty turbos
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Re: GSX vs. GT

Originally posted by HighPsiAwd
    I know he was thinkin I was an annoying ricer or something but I presented him with the perfect chance to show off his 5.7L.
    nah, he just probably thought you were a street racer.

nice... 18g turbo can get u in teh 11s if done right do you have the greddy kit?
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I know guys that made 300 whp on a 1G stock turbo, so an 18G, even with a mediocre tune, should be around 320 at least. So I dont think he was stock. If he was you would have pulled on him like he was standing still.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

thanks for the responses guys, I don't have the Greddy kit(overpriced) It is kit built by Turbotech that uses the Mitsubishi TD05H-18G. I assume I'm around 320 but no dynos yet for proof.
    It is tuned pretty well. I'm still getting great timing and no knock at 21 psi on 93 octane pump. (Datalogger for tuning) I'm just waiting on my HKS cams then I'm off to the track.

I'm thinking the GT was modded also.

-Kevin

I Support ClubWRX
    Aww, I was hoping this was a Forrester GT thread!!!

lol...

Nevertheless, good kill...from a fellow AWD 18g turbo driver.
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

thanks for the responses guys, I don't have the Greddy kit(overpriced) It is kit built by Turbotech that uses the Mitsubishi TD05H-18G. I assume I'm around 320 but no dynos yet for proof.
    It is tuned pretty well. I'm still getting great timing and no knock at 21 psi on 93 octane pump. (Datalogger for tuning) I'm just waiting on my HKS cams then I'm off to the track.

-Kevin
    Just out of curiosity, I know our motors are totally different, but how much advance are you running up top on 21 psi with no knock? Nice setup by the way.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

I'm still getting great timing and no knock at 21 psi on 93 octane pump. (Datalogger for tuning) I'm just waiting on my HKS cams then I'm off to the track.

-Kevin
    Nice set-up. Just out of curiosity, where are you getting 93 octane at the pump in W. WA? I live in Renton and the best I can find is 92. Are you just adding a bit of toulene to your mix to bring up the octane?

I'm getting 19 degrees of timing up top,
    and I actually run 94 octane all the time , not 93 - check out the Cenex station in Tacoma on Pacifac Ave- they have 94 octane for the same price as Chevron 92 Premium Everytime I go there to fill up I see a sweet car, once an STI and this last Friday night, a T51R RX-7!

I actually run 94 octane all the time , not 93 - check out the Cenex station in Tacoma on Pacifac Ave- they have 94 octane for the same price as Chevron 92 Premium Everytime I go there to fill up I see a sweet car, once an STI and this last Friday night, a T51R RX-7!
    Sweet - I'll stop by the next time I head South.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.