Ram Hemi vs STi - pretty good race?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ram Hemi vs STi - pretty good race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This guy in a Dodge Hemi Ram shortbed pickup was all over me driving home today. He was on my ...

Ram Hemi vs STi - pretty good race?

This guy in a Dodge Hemi Ram shortbed pickup was all over me driving home today. He was on my ass and was constantly trying to race me. The truck was very loud. I could hear the engine screaming and the exhaust sounded like it was wide open.

Well as soon as we got an open stretch of road he pulled along side of me and we gave it a go. From a 1st gear roll (he made the move) I pulled about 1 car in first gear. Then in 2nd gear I pulled another car. I shifted into 3rd gear and I was still about 2 cars in front of him. I pull only slightly in 3rd gear and when I let off at 80mph or so he was about 2 1/2 cars back. I have to admit it was a fast truck. I didn't get a chance to talk to him because he took off so fast. He didn't seem to happy with the results of the race? He should have been.

The truck was obviously modded and much faster than stock. I was pretty suprised to see him hanging pretty tuff behind me at 80mph. I checked out a few websites and there are some guys running low to mid 14s with just basic bolt ons. I didn't know those trucks could run that fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm guessing it's not a SRT-10 because I think that would destroy you...meh maybe he was blown or something.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    I'm guessing it's not a SRT-10 because I think that would destroy you...meh maybe he was blown or something.

Why would an SRT-10 distroy me? I ran 13.0 flat in the 1/4 mile with just exhaust. With my current setup I'm sure I can run 12s. Can an SRT-10 destroy a car that runs that fast. Most the performace stats I've seen for an SRT-10 are slower than a stock STi in the 1/4 mile.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Why would an SRT-10 distroy me? I ran 13.0 flat in the 1/4 mile with just exhaust. With my current setup I'm sure I can run 12s. Can an SRT-10 destroy a car that runs that fast. Most the performace stats I've seen for an SRT-10 are slower than a stock STi in the 1/4 mile.

From a roll, i'd think the -10 would walk you. You run great times, but at a 104 trap. The SRT-10's make big power. Without the traction advantage, i'd have to think he'd pull all over a stock STi.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not trying to flame i'm just saying 500 N/A motor from a roll would probaly beat a STI. I didnt look at your time I was just going on logic...which is probaly stupid. I dont know how well you'd do on the highway with a SRT-40...but I dont think it would be pretty...just my .02...not trying to flame or anything.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    From a roll, i'd think the -10 would walk you. You run great times, but at a 104 trap. The SRT-10's make big power. Without the traction advantage, i'd have to think he'd pull all over a stock STi.

I would agree. It should pull a stock STi from a roll. But he said an SRT - 10 should destroy me and I'm modded.
    I ran 104mph trap with exhaust. Now with boost turned up and and an intake for additional mods I should trap higher. I don't think a SRT-10 would destroy me from a 1st gear roll.

The best Car and Driver was able to run in an SRT-10 was
    13.6 @ 105 mph

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    I'm not trying to flame i'm just saying 500 N/A motor from a roll would probaly beat a STI. I didnt look at your time I was just going on logic...which is probaly stupid. I dont know how well you'd do on the highway with a SRT-40...but I dont think it would be pretty...just my .02...not trying to flame or anything.

That's cool. Yes, I have a few mods and my car runs strong. I would expect a 105-106mph trap speed my next visit to the track.

I was just suprised by how fast this modded Short bed Hemi Ram pickup was. I beat him by 2+ cars, but thats pretty darn good. It was by far the fastest Hemi truck I've raced. Iwould have liked to ask him what mods he had. Some guy in a Mopar website said he ran 14. 0 flat with just intake, exhaust, and free mods. He had timeslips to prove it.

I raced a stock Ford Lightning pickup and beat it by about the same margin. So it was a fast truck.

To be honest, I'm surprised it kept up that well. Yeah, big "Hemi" deal and all but it's still a big, heavy truck. Guess you have to give the truck credit for modding well to keep up as well as he did. None here want to run me.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

it was probably an srt-10......just that by 80, his tires were still spinning.

they are high 12 to mid 13 second trucks...with 4.9 second 0-60 launches. not too bad for rwd with little weight over the back wheels.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I would agree. It should pull a stock STi from a roll. But he said an SRT - 10 should destroy me and I'm modded.
    I ran 104mph trap with exhaust. Now with boost turned up and and an intake for additional mods I should trap higher. I don't think a SRT-10 would destroy me from a 1st gear roll.

13.6 @ 105 mph

I witnessed one run 13.4 @ 108. Course, different day, different track, different drivers... etc...

Yeah, with your mods, I wouldn't think it'd destroy you from a 1st gear roll either. Guess there's only one way to find out
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

13.6 @ 105 mph
    just make sure you dont clear any cels right before you run at the track

...i didnt know clearing cels reset the ecu, so i cleared them before i ran, and then i ran a 13.0 @ 104 with a 1.75 60ft with the mods you have now. i think i wouldve run better if i didnt clear the codes. oh well.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    just make sure you dont clear any cels right before you run at the track

...i didnt know clearing cels reset the ecu, so i cleared them before i ran, and then i ran a 13.0 @ 104 with a 1.75 60ft with the mods you have now. i think i wouldve run better if i didnt clear the codes. oh well.

I have yet to get a CEL. I'm a little suprised. I've been running catless for about 6 mouths without 1 CEL. That Godspeed downpipe is working good for me. I also think the warmer climate down here in South Florida helps. I don't have to worry about boost creep etc.

But your right. Clearing the ECU can really hurt performance.
    What were the weather conditions?

The weather conditions are also big players. Most the guys that have run really fast times in their STi's ran in cool winter air. We don't get too much of that down here. We typically run slower times down here due to the heat and humidity. I would love for a chance to run my car on a dry cool day with temps in the 50s. My car would scream.

My 02 WRX (stage 4) ran a good .3-.4 sec faster in cool air (temps in the 60s) vs warmer temps (80s-90s).

I have yet to get a CEL. I'm a little suprised. I've been running catless for about 6 mouths without 1 CEL. That Godspeed downpipe is working good for me. I also think the warmer climate down here in South Florida helps. I don't have to worry about boost creep etc.

But your right. Clearing the ECU can really hurt performance.
    What were the weather conditions?

The weather conditions are also big players. Most the guys that have run really fast times in their STi's ran in cool winter air. We don't get too much of that down here. We typically run slower times down here due to the heat and humidity. I would love for a chance to run my car on a dry cool day with temps in the 50s. My car would scream.

My 02 WRX (stage 4) ran a good .3-.4 sec faster in cool air (temps in the 60s) vs warmer temps (80s-90s).
    My best times were in really hot weather... Colder weather hurt my times pretty bad. Best time in hot weather: 13.1. Best time in cold weather: 13.2.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

id say a srt-10 would def win from a rolling start
    its 500hp/525ftlbs
    thats alot of power. the reason the srt-10 has slower 1/4 mile times is because it just freakin spins tires. as soon as it hooks im sure its gone.
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

It also weighs 5000lbs and is as aerodynamic as a brick.

305/40/22 Pirelli Scorpion Zero's mean a huge contact patch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast