Ram Hemi vs STi - pretty good race? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Ram Hemi vs STi - pretty good race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I owned a 98 ram, with the 360... it was good for the day, but man thats a tired ol ...

I owned a 98 ram, with the 360... it was good for the day, but man thats a tired ol block by today's standards. Its ancient. All the RT's around here have trouble getting out of the 15's with all the boltons. The motor is a stump puller, but really with a 4400rpm power peak, it aint no drag racer. my truck did wonderful burnouts, but on the Gtech, it never would do 0-60 under 10 seconds.

Im aware that the kenne belle will put an RT in the 13's. AKA killer bee dakota. You must have a very special 360, even with the novi kit!

that last 4.7 liter will propel a 4x4 dakota short bed to 15.1 at 89! manual transmission of course.

but anyways, that hemi is much more potent platform wise. they really do sound like old muscle car motors when uncorked

will they offer the hemi in the dakota??? cuz that would be a nice truck to have.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The hemi propelled the new Durango into first place in a 5-way Motor Trend SUV comparo. Dodge is doing some great things.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Keystah, no offense taken I've always been a truck guy, and you'd be surprised at how well they can handle with a full Hotchkis suspension and the right tires. And yes, I carry all kinds of stuff with my truck, from helping people move, to my slicks and jack for the track. Plus there's nothing quite like the look on a vette owner's face when he gets owned by a truck

CKxx, gotta agree with you there, too many people that believe everything they see on tv. I'm getting a lil sick of being asked if my truck has a hemi LOL

MidnightFLAT4, those R/Ts by you must not be talking to the right folks, we've got a lot of guys in our club in the mid 13's with just boltons. They're not the best racers out of the box, but they have a lot of potential if you know the right parts to use I will admit that my truck is running particularly well for the amount of mods I have, just have a good combo going so far. Still no official word if the Hemi is gonna make it into the new Dakota, altho even if it does, I'll be keeping my '02, the new ones are hideous, and for some reason they've decided not to offer a regular cab model
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

Ooo, good timing. I ran a Hemi Ram today. I was stopped at a light, waiting to go up the road a bit, where EVERYONE merges into right turn lane. Hemi Ram thought he'd take me, so got in next lane over and kept edging up before light changed. Light changes, I go, he guns it to try and get by me, so I put a few buslengths on him and he gives in and just gets in behind me. Although...he had stock exhaust and, so doubt he had ANY mods. I can respect when someone knows what they're doing and what their vehicle can do, but some chump who thinks "Hemi" = teh win in every situation is an idiot.

Rant over. Hemi design doesn't help much at such low output when you're so heavy and have the aerodynamics of a brick.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

The hemi has 330 hp and 370 ft-lbs of torque. I have heard that the hemispherical combustion chambers are more of a novelty then anything anymore, otherwise other engines would have them. Its just a big, bad new design V-8.

I think one problem w/ the hemi is bad gear ratios and a power-soaking auto tranny. Their power/weight ratio isn't too bad but they just aren't that quick. I'll bet launching is tough w/o slicks too, bad weight distribution and all.

I remember the Chevy Avalanche first had the 6000 series V-8. 385HP, chevy claimed. But with the 4 speed auto and like 6000 pounds that thing was a DOG! 10 seconds to 60. Its funny, with lots of torque 8 seconds can feel pretty fast. But its not.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Aerodynamics of a brick is an understatement.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123