Ram Hemi vs STi - pretty good race? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ram Hemi vs STi - pretty good race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i didnt get the cels till i put my header on. oh well. i ran that run with a heatsoaked ...

i didnt get the cels till i put my header on. oh well. i ran that run with a heatsoaked intercooler, but it was 60* or so outside. i shouldve trapped higher, i think...so maybe if i didnt reset the password, it wouldve gone a lot better....

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I have yet to get a CEL. I'm a little suprised. I've been running catless for about 6 mouths without 1 CEL. That Godspeed downpipe is working good for me. I also think the warmer climate down here in South Florida helps. I don't have to worry about boost creep etc.

But your right. Clearing the ECU can really hurt performance.
    What were the weather conditions?

The weather conditions are also big players. Most the guys that have run really fast times in their STi's ran in cool winter air. We don't get too much of that down here. We typically run slower times down here due to the heat and humidity. I would love for a chance to run my car on a dry cool day with temps in the 50s. My car would scream.

My 02 WRX (stage 4) ran a good .3-.4 sec faster in cool air (temps in the 60s) vs warmer temps (80s-90s).
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have beaten a srt-10 from a 60 mph roll to about 110. i think i posted on here like a month or so ago. it was fresh from the dealer, someone in the prep department taking it for the break in run i guess.. i had atleast 2 lengths before he shut it down.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by scoobyjew
    I have beaten a srt-10 from a 60 mph roll to about 110. i think i posted on here like a month or so ago. it was fresh from the dealer, someone in the prep department taking it for the break in run i guess.. i had atleast 2 lengths before he shut it down.
    Haha,racing someone elses brand new truck.Damn dealers
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I have a completely stock 2004 Quad Cab Hemi Ram and they have some power. And word is, if you add a Kenne Bell supercharger the Hemi will give a SRT-10 a run for it's money. With basic mods and a s/c 3.91 gears the Hemi can be in the 13's easy. But, they are heavy and kinda dawgs off the line...and did you know it's not possible to do a burn out (power brake) in a "stock" hemi Ram? The computer will not let it rev over 2,000 rpm with the brake applied...just a little trivia for ya! Later!

i kinda raced one of those trucks a few weeks ago. He keep flooring it from traffic lights next to me and i was like, "WTF are you doing?" So a rip it past him finally, and turn...a mim later pass him a light and give him a thumbs down. (yes, i know thats the worst thing in the entire world, I only did it because it was some guy in a truck)

...Anyway, he catches up, yells some explitives at me, and then gives me his buisness card...Owner of psi-fi motorsports.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm surprised even a modded Hemi was able to keep up like that. Stock they trap at about 89mph, so I'm guessing only a few mph increase with N/A bolt-ons. They still are quite fast for large pickups - very nice torque. But you can definitely feel the weight.

I would definitely p|mp an S/C'ed Hemi...now that would definitely run 13's and be able to give a stock STi a run for its money.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    I'm surprised even a modded Hemi was able to keep up like that. Stock they trap at about 89mph, so I'm guessing only a few mph increase with N/A bolt-ons. They still are quite fast for large pickups - very nice torque. But you can definitely feel the weight.

I would definitely p|mp an S/C'ed Hemi...now that would definitely run 13's and be able to give a stock STi a run for its money.
    I never said he was N/A bolt ons. I just mentioned that I had visited a mopar website and guys were running low to mid 14s with just a few bolt ons. Pretty impressive for full size truck.

I have no idea what mods the truck had that I raced. All I know is it was loud. When he got next to me running wide open all I could hear was his engine screaming and his exhaust. I'm runnng catless (definately not quiet) and all I could hear was his truck. So it was pretty loud.

I also put about 2 1/2 cars on him from a 1st gear roll up to 80mph (I also gave him the jump). Thats a decent gap. But it was definately a fast truck.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry, I incorrectly assumed you meant non-forced induction mods. That would have been a sweet sound hearing that 5.7L on boost! Just exhaust makes 'em really loud, though. I know what sound you mean!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hmmmm, i raced one in my dakota a while back and basically it was a tye. I'm pretty sure he was stock and i'm stock. His truck was a quad cab four wheel drive as is mine.
    He couldn't pull on me and i couldn't pull on him either. Kind of a weird race really. My dakota is no slouch, but it's no sti either!
    Brent
    96 legacy that's Seriously confused

Originally posted by CKxx
    i kinda raced one of those trucks a few weeks ago. He keep flooring it from traffic lights next to me and i was like, "WTF are you doing?" So a rip it past him finally, and turn...a mim later pass him a light and give him a thumbs down. (yes, i know thats the worst thing in the entire world, I only did it because it was some guy in a truck)
    What's wrong with guys in trucks?

Just FYI for the thread, there's a guy in MD who ran a 13.71 with his n/a Hemi Ram with minimal mods. They're getting quicker, just takes a lil time to figure out what works. As soon as someone cracks the pcm and they can market some blower kits, those things are gonna be downright scary
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

I thinks its time you yank the 360 and replace it with a hemi!
    Brent
    96 legacy that's Seriously confused

Originally posted by serious
    I thinks its time you yank the 360 and replace it with a hemi!
    Brent
    So I can run 13's? No thanks The Hemi is nice, but right now it just doesn't have the potential that the good ole 360 has. Once it's been around for a while and parts are available, it'll have more room for growth. The biggest thing holding the hemi back right now is the pcm and the fly by wire TB, until someone can figure out how to get past those, they're kind of limited. I'll be deep in the 11's long before any of that happens I've got enough computer crap on my truck that drives me crazy, don't need more LOL
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

No offense to the truck guy, but part of the reason truck drivers make us nuts are their bad/overly aggressive driving. I never understood sport trucks anyway. Get a car if you want to go fast. What do you need a bed for? Plus, racing isn't just about straight lines.

No need for a Hemi, the 360 is def. the way to go. There are plenty of blowers and mods available already for it. 5.9L is a great engine.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

On Edmunds I read a report from a Ram SRT-10 owner claiming he only got 5 mpg City, 9 mpg highway, that's something to think about. It would cost me $23 a day in gas to commute in one.

Originally posted by bad360rt
    What's wrong with guys in trucks?
    Nothing. I just dislike those 'hemi' ones because they advertise them like they are sports cars, and I keep seeing owners of them trying to race all kinds of stuff and just getting owned.

Honestly my hatred stemed from the stupid television advertisemnts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast