GTO = tEh sLoW!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on GTO = tEh sLoW!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im not going to call bs, i am trying to be logical here. his wrx ran a 14.1 and now ...

im not going to call bs, i am trying to be logical here.

his wrx ran a 14.1 and now has a turbo back exhaust which could easily net him a 13.9.

figure a well driven 6speed GTO will run 13.8 (this is an average of 3 different times)

with how much it weighs and if it was an automatic its probably only good for 14.2-14.4
    (figure a 6speed z28 ran on average about 13.5 and the auto ran a 14.0) so add half a second to the GTO auto time as compared to the 6speeds time

after all this, you could assume the wrx is running a 13.9 and the GTO is running a 14.3
    although the GTO has better top and such, you calculate driver error (he probably punched it in the gto where as the wrx downshifted first manually) and I think all this could come to his 1 car lead on the GTO.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    im not going to call bs, i am trying to be logical here.

his wrx ran a 14.1 and now has a turbo back exhaust which could easily net him a 13.9.

figure a well driven 6speed GTO will run 13.8 (this is an average of 3 different times)

with how much it weighs and if it was an automatic its probably only good for 14.2-14.4
    (figure a 6speed z28 ran on average about 13.5 and the auto ran a 14.0) so add half a second to the GTO auto time as compared to the 6speeds time

after all this, you could assume the wrx is running a 13.9 and the GTO is running a 14.3
    although the GTO has better top and such, you calculate driver error (he probably punched it in the gto where as the wrx downshifted first manually) and I think all this could come to his 1 car lead on the GTO.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141077
    Track times for an auto GTO. 13.6 seconds, as I posted earlier. From a regular guy, not a magazine. Why would you assume this other one would do a 14.3? That would put it down like 70 horsepower to the one that ran a 13.6 when estimating that 10 HP = 1/10 second...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Did anybody read his mods?? He's got a turboback, up-pipe and a reflashed ecu. I think it's pretty believable.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141077
    Track times for an auto GTO. 13.6 seconds, as I posted earlier. From a regular guy, not a magazine. Why would you assume this other one would do a 14.3? That would put it down like 70 horsepower to the one that ran a 13.6 when estimating that 10 HP = 1/10 second...
    i dont know that there have been enough people running their GTO's. I have seen times for the M6 in 3 different mags and all have mid to high 13's for it. Like i said, going off that, and comparing it to the difference in the M6 vs 4AT in the camaro, i got low 14's from it. its pretty logical if you look at it. this guy is the only automatic i have seen run, so his time doesnt hold much truth compared to other automatics. there are always some faster cars, for all we know the majority might be running low 14's?

who knows.... does anyone know of any other times run by automatic GTO's??

If its true, its probably due to quicker reaction-time. I wouldn't call the GTO slow -especially from the perspective of a 4EAT WRX. Mine's runs low-14's, but without the brake torque launch, it's probably a high-14/low-15 car. I'm sure the GTO auto can run 13's launching off idle.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I dont think he was racing you. Form a roll the wrx doesnt stand a chance unless its got some pretty decent mods. And turbo lobster i really doubt that the cobra you "beat" was racing you either cause if youve ever watched a video of a cobra going at it from a roll they pull like a crazy mother

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.