stage 2 wrx vs. stock evo-high stakes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs. stock evo-high stakes within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here's the story in short: A friend of mine and I went to the local mitsu dealership to test drive ...

stage 2 wrx vs. stock evo-high stakes

Here's the story in short: A friend of mine and I went to the local mitsu dealership to test drive an evo. I asked them about price. I was amazed at the markup on a used one. I walked out and my friend and I were talking sh!t outside while we were leaving without knowing the owner of the dealership was around the corner. We went around the corner and as we were getting in our cars, he yells out furiously "Wanna race title for title?" . I was a bit shocked. Then he took us for a test drive, and he just banged through the gears going 120 mph + just dogging the tranny. It felt pretty quick. Then he let me drive it, I was amazed at the speed of the carfor having 3 people in it.

Should I take him up on his offer?? He might of just been joking, but from talking to him, he's got some balls and the money to back it up. If he wasn't I'll try and take him up on it if I can beat him.

Do you think I can beat him?
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get the 18g, Walbro, and UR 785 cc injectors like you plan to....then do it
    Best 1/8th = 8.71@79
    Best 60' = 1.88
    Dyno: 221 whp / 195 tq

GOAL: 300 whp @ 91 pump

Well, that wouldn't be fair to him. He already thinks my car is stock.
    Mods

Originally posted by ilivas
    Well, that wouldn't be fair to him. He already thinks my car is stock.
    What does fair have to do with anything? If someone offers to race for pink slips without knowing what the other competitor is packing then they deserve what they get! Is it your fault if he brings a knife to a gun fight?

Also, what were they asking for a used EVO? How many miles and was it stock?

Keith

PS: Tell him that you sure as hell wouldn't pay that much when you see how he has been driving/abusing it
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

They offered me 18k for trade in on my car. 2004 wrx that I've owned for a month and a half. They quoted the price of a used evo with 10k miles at 28k.

I probably won't be getting that stuff for a couple weeks anyways. (gotta wait for the next paycheck) I'll probably see him sooner than that. He likes to cruise the boulevard on the weekends and race in his dealer cars.

I can't believe the owner actually does that to his cars.
    Last edited by ilivas; 03-19-2004 at 02:21 AM.
    Mods

I dont know whats in a "stage 2" but I think its funny how many people dog the EVO until they drive it and realize how quick and bad ass it is. I don't know how you or this guy drives but go ahead.

Originally posted by ilivas
    They offered me 18k for trade in on my car. 2004 wrx that I've owned for a month and a half. They quoted the price of a used evo with 10k miles at 28k.

I probably won't be getting that stuff for a couple weeks anyways. (gotta wait for the next paycheck) I'll probably see him sooner than that. He likes to cruise the boulevard on the weekends and race in his dealer cars.

I can't believe the owner actually does that to his cars.
    That is pretty reasonable on your trade in (depreciation is a *****!) but you can get a BRAND NEW 10 miles on the odo (instead of 10,000 miles) EVO for 28K now. Don't bother to go back.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

A couple weeks ago my friend said there were 3 EVO's he knew of being sold in IL for 24k. 2003, all less than 5k Mileage with clean titles. Don't know the situation now...PM me if you're interested and Ill ask him again. I'm not too sure what kind of info you need since i've never had t osell my car before. Ask for that too.

yer telling me there are 3 evo's for sale, with 5k miles each for 24k?

i'll work out a trade in.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

28k for a used one... i bought my new one for 28.450..... plus there are a few places moving em for 26...... keep ya car.....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Originally posted by mball
    I dont know whats in a "stage 2" but I think its funny how many people dog the EVO until they drive it and realize how quick and bad ass it is. I don't know how you or this guy drives but go ahead.
    If you don't know what a Stage 2 WRX consists of, how can you even talk?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by mball
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by smokey
    If you don't know what a Stage 2 WRX consists of, how can you even talk?
    Agreed Smokey. Kinda IRONIC for someone to tell people not to "Dog" a car until they drive it when he doesn't know or driven a stage 2 rex....

There has been Evo kills on the Cobb Stage 2 and all supporting mods. I think your probably putting down a tad bit more power so I say go for it
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

He said race for "THE" title right? I take that to mean if you win you get a free EVO, if you lose you keep your car and go home with your tail between your legs.
    The whole thing sounds like baloney to me but I say you call his bluff.

If I was offered that deal, I would have taken him up on it immediately and when all said and done, would have my boy drive it to my house, since I would own him!

you should have taken him up on it, you would have taken him.

When I was stage 2, I couldnt beleive how fast the car was, now I am 4+ and damn!

Next time, take him up on it.

Later
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.