stage 2 wrx vs. stock evo-high stakes - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stage 2 wrx vs. stock evo-high stakes within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My car is feeling kinda slow right now, I think it's because I turbed the boost up too high. I'll ...

My car is feeling kinda slow right now, I think it's because I turbed the boost up too high. I'll do some logs tonight at the track.

I'll see if he's serious next time I talk to him.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ilivas
    I'll see if he's serious next time I talk to him.
    I can't believe that he's serious.
    2002 WRX WRB

I truly hope you're not actually considering racing "for pinks". That's a bad idea no matter how modded you are or how fair/unfair things may be. Let's say you had that 18G, injectors and FMIC and you're killin him and than BOOM and IC coupler blows off - You lose your car... Not worth it IMO. Race for a cheeseburger or something

I went to test out an EVo and if it weren't for the brick like ride I would have considered it, however when they told me 13K for my car I passed on the deal. Sadly I could get a new Rex with a lower payment than I am paing now, but I won't trade cause my car was the strongest stock REX I have ever been in.

borrow my car and we split the profit!
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I don't know if I would do it for your car man. I have read up on the Stage 1 and 2 tonight because I think the guy I just raced had one of them on his WRX. Depends on how long and where you are going to race him too, 1/4 mile strip or in traffic? The average 1/4 mile times I saw on a Stage 2 are identical to what the stock Evo runs, low 13's at 102.5 mph. It would really come down to who is the better driver because it is that close.

From TXS:

WRX weighs a little less

fre
    If he was serious I would just drop in a 2.5 liter sti block and put a 20g on it and smoke his ass lol. I seriously doubt he would allow you to do whatever to the car before the race though

This guy is a dumb ass anyways he wouldn't know the difference. He said the evo had traction control.

I'm not too sure about this, but he said an evo has a switch to turn the boost up to 21 lbs, and it has an intercooler sprayer(I wouldn't think it would need one due to the fmic.). True or false??
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

fre
    Originally posted by ilivas
    This guy is a dumb ass anyways he wouldn't know the difference. He said the evo had traction control.

I'm not too sure about this, but he said an evo has a switch to turn the boost up to 21 lbs, and it has an intercooler sprayer(I wouldn't think it would need one due to the fmic.). True or false??
    If it does have a "switch" to turn the boost up he must have a boost controller on it and if it is a factory car that is bs. However it does come with an intercooler sprayer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.