WRX vs. 92 Supra Turbo (mods)

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 92 Supra Turbo (mods) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me, my sister and my friend were going to Village Inn to eat. The WRX has an MBC@16 psi and ...

WRX vs. 92 Supra Turbo (mods)

Me, my sister and my friend were going to Village Inn to eat. The WRX has an MBC@16 psi and intake. We see our other friend there, he has a 1992 Supra Turbo, that he basically rebuilt himself. He said he had a Greddy turbo (didnt tell me which one), and tbe exhuast and other little mods. So we decided to do some rolling runs. We went from about 40 mph to 110 mph. He pulled really hard at first and then it basically evened out by 80mph, with him going away little by little.
    He was spinning his tires at 40 mph and his car squatted. I had 2 passengers and so did he. At first I expected him to be faster, but then he told me he was only at 10 psi. He said when he ran 25 psi on the same turbo, he did a burnout at 120 mph on the highway.
    We didnt do any 0-60 mph races, though im pretty sure he would catch up by 60-70mph.
    Anyway it was pretty cool to race him. He ran 12.0 sec 1/4 mile here in Denver, with more boost, which would be ~ mid 11s at sea level i guess...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs, those are fast cars with mods. i dont know about a burnout at 120mph though, thats a little crazy.

my buddy has a low 12 sec 94TT supra and he can only roast them at 65mph

rwd a and a sledge hammer hit of hp ( 150 shot) will make a burnout happen out those speeds a friend of mine has a 90 supra with 500 hp on the spray and when he hits it it will peal wheels i have never seen him spray at 120 though
    if its not fast it better be a show car

eulerfx, what mods does your friends 92 Supra have? Is it a true turbo from the factory or is it the non turbo with aftermarket greddy kit. My uncle has a 92 supra turbo and it doesnt run right and I need to talk to someone who know's alot about supra's up here. There was boosthard but they didnt know alot about the 92 model. Let me know.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

i really dont know what mods he had, other than the visible ones. he said he had a greddy turbo, but would not tell me which model...
    im pretty sure its a turbo 92 model, and he just put in an aftermarket turbo in it...ill try to get a hold of him if u need me too, i dont really know him that well.

Anything will help! Thanks.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".