WRX Vs. '89 Supra Turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX Vs. '89 Supra Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal. But this was on the interstate, where the supra really shines. ...

WRX Vs. '89 Supra Turbo

Okay, maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal. But this was on the interstate, where the supra really shines. I know that it has 240HP stock and cruises past 160mph. This one was modified, looked like a full exhaust and possibly an atmospheric BOV, so maybe more boost too. It was clearly loved, nice paint and tasteful aftermarket tail lights. (Not altezzas)

We started about 90mph and I left it in 5th out of laziness. Funny thing, 90-100 he pulled on me and 100-110 I gained it back. We did several little pulls because we had to slow down for traffic a few times. It felt to me that in 5th gear we were basically equal. Finally I shifted into 4th at 90 and I started pulling on him hard enough that I had to upshift to avoid rear ending him. We went up to 130 and I was surprised how stable my car was. I think the lowered stance from my Prodrive springs helped a little. My passenger didn't even wake up until I hit the brakes. I did have 100 lbs of ****e in the back and but I dont think it made much difference.

So I did "get" him in 4th, but in 5th gear it was pretty even. Gave him a thumbs up as he pulled off into a rest area.
    Last edited by keystah; 03-18-2004 at 07:48 AM.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those are some pretty high mph to start a race... I usually end my races about those speeds. Then again my car is pretty much stock so theres no real point to go those speeds cuz my car doesn't move

I did race an old-skool turbo supra when I had my B16 civic hatch. The thing was pretty fast... shot a fireball out of his exhaust too. That was the first time I had ever seen anything like that so it kinda shocked me. He ended up walking away pretty easily from me.

those are definatly nice cars, especially when taken care of like you said this one was.
    not to be the downer but you should be more careful racing at those speeds, especially if you have a passanger in the car with you.

-you probably would have walked if you didnt have your passsanger and 100lbs of crap in the back, if you were in 4th gear

Kinda funny 'cause my friend used to have an '88 supra turbo. He loved that thing so much. He always used to call it a supercar, which kinda pissed me off because its not. But I'll have to call him and tell him the bad news. :-)

Yeah, normally I don't throw down like this but I was going somewhere specific on the interstate and this guy happened to be going the same way.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.