Free intercooling, WRX n00b, E36 M3, Mustang Cobra
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Free intercooling, WRX n00b, E36 M3, Mustang Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So it's snowing/raining here in South Eastern PA. Same with NJ. I'm heading over to AutoSpeed to restock and I ...

Thumbs up Free intercooling, WRX n00b, E36 M3, Mustang Cobra

So it's snowing/raining here in South Eastern PA. Same with NJ. I'm heading over to AutoSpeed to restock and I decide to meet up with a n00b named Dave to see what's up. He thinks his WRX is fast. SOoooooooo. We drive over to Autospeed and I order my parts. On the way back to the bridge to show Dave the way home, we catch a light. Now he has to put up or shut up.

Dave's mods: Turboback, Samco IC hoses, Boost controller, lightened flywheel, HKS SSQV BOV.

PPM Stage X: Uppipe, Samco IC hoses, MBC, lightened flywheel and crank pulley, me driving (note: stock turbo, stock turboback)

The light goes green and we both NAIL the launch, but not surprising, I'm a half car length out by the end of first. I shift and then hear him shift. The race is over. I pull about 9 car lengths by 90mph and I think Dave gave up after my 1-2 shift.

On the way BACK to AutoSpeed is when the real fun began. I spot a BMW330Ci and a BMW M3 (E36). Now, as we all know, I have never lost a race to a BMW. Soooooo. I pull up next to him and make pace. We hit it at 50mph, he stays with me until I shift into third, and then I pull away easily while listening to his I-6 sing under the hood. He attempts several fly bys and I deny them all. Even taking my car over 110mph to make sure he gets the point.

Lastly, I took a Mustang Cobra from 40-90mph, but he was lacking traction for sure. Nothing sounds like the DOHC Mustang 4.6L, simply awesome sound.

Then, Frank of Autospeed and I played pool at Slates (attached to Hooters on Rt. 38) and went 2-2. A fun night.

Also, please note that I don't like to street race, unless someone thinks their car can't be beaten or the opponent is worth racing: M3 and Cobra can't be passed up.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not very nice of you, picking on the poor e36 that way.

Ok, sorry for my stupidity, but you are saying you took a M3 and a cobra, with a stock turbo and intercooler.....dont think so!

Please eloborate
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Ya seriously, you need to explain a little more. I can maybe believe that took the M if it was form a stop, but form a roll I'm callin BS!

And the Cobra?? come on get real.
    Last edited by BLITZ's M; 03-18-2004 at 01:48 PM.

its an e36 m3...a stock wrx owns them from a stop while gets walked at a moderate pace from a roll...a slightly modded wrx (exhaust mbc) should take stock e36 at any speed

and as for a cobra...they are not very fast cars unless its the 04 or 04 which=monstarrr....the badass mustang will always be the 5.0L
    Last edited by TurboLobster; 03-18-2004 at 03:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.