Free intercooling, WRX n00b, E36 M3, Mustang Cobra

This is a discussion on Free intercooling, WRX n00b, E36 M3, Mustang Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So it's snowing/raining here in South Eastern PA. Same with NJ. I'm heading over to AutoSpeed to restock and I ...

Thumbs up Free intercooling, WRX n00b, E36 M3, Mustang Cobra

So it's snowing/raining here in South Eastern PA. Same with NJ. I'm heading over to AutoSpeed to restock and I decide to meet up with a n00b named Dave to see what's up. He thinks his WRX is fast. SOoooooooo. We drive over to Autospeed and I order my parts. On the way back to the bridge to show Dave the way home, we catch a light. Now he has to put up or shut up.

Dave's mods: Turboback, Samco IC hoses, Boost controller, lightened flywheel, HKS SSQV BOV.

PPM Stage X: Uppipe, Samco IC hoses, MBC, lightened flywheel and crank pulley, me driving (note: stock turbo, stock turboback)

The light goes green and we both NAIL the launch, but not surprising, I'm a half car length out by the end of first. I shift and then hear him shift. The race is over. I pull about 9 car lengths by 90mph and I think Dave gave up after my 1-2 shift.

On the way BACK to AutoSpeed is when the real fun began. I spot a BMW330Ci and a BMW M3 (E36). Now, as we all know, I have never lost a race to a BMW. Soooooo. I pull up next to him and make pace. We hit it at 50mph, he stays with me until I shift into third, and then I pull away easily while listening to his I-6 sing under the hood. He attempts several fly bys and I deny them all. Even taking my car over 110mph to make sure he gets the point.

Lastly, I took a Mustang Cobra from 40-90mph, but he was lacking traction for sure. Nothing sounds like the DOHC Mustang 4.6L, simply awesome sound.

Then, Frank of Autospeed and I played pool at Slates (attached to Hooters on Rt. 38) and went 2-2. A fun night.

Also, please note that I don't like to street race, unless someone thinks their car can't be beaten or the opponent is worth racing: M3 and Cobra can't be passed up.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not very nice of you, picking on the poor e36 that way.

Ok, sorry for my stupidity, but you are saying you took a M3 and a cobra, with a stock turbo and intercooler.....dont think so!

Please eloborate
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Ya seriously, you need to explain a little more. I can maybe believe that took the M if it was form a stop, but form a roll I'm callin BS!

And the Cobra?? come on get real.
    Last edited by BLITZ's M; 03-18-2004 at 12:48 PM.

its an e36 m3...a stock wrx owns them from a stop while gets walked at a moderate pace from a roll...a slightly modded wrx (exhaust mbc) should take stock e36 at any speed

and as for a cobra...they are not very fast cars unless its the 04 or 04 which=monstarrr....the badass mustang will always be the 5.0L
    Last edited by TurboLobster; 03-18-2004 at 02:33 PM.