WRX STi vs EVO-Official results from R&T mag
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX STi vs EVO-Official results from R&T mag within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here is a 6 page article from last summer from Road and Track magazine which is one of the best. ...

WRX STi vs EVO-Official results from R&T mag

Here is a 6 page article from last summer from Road and Track magazine which is one of the best. They put the two head to head so this should end the banter on which is faster as the professionals, not just street kids racing. Hopefully we can now put to rest which car is the overall best.

Test
    Last edited by mball; 03-17-2004 at 05:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You do know this is a Subaru sight, right?

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just one magazines opinion.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Ha, wtly.

They all say the same thing when it comes to those two cars.

Originally posted by CKxx
    They all say the same thing when it comes to those two cars.
    What he said.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

i dont understand how these "professional drivers" suck so bad...there are kids on this board (whom i believe) with sti's that hhave clocked as low as 12.89 bone stock...i can see 12.8 to 13.0 difference...but 13.3 seems a little far ...13.4 for the evo as well..i have no idea here but arent the 0-60 times from car and driver better (or have car and driver yet to test the 2004 US versions of these cars).

hey turbo lobster where did u get that avatar from. i see that car all the time in kissimmee area. i might be a different one though. but i think its the same one. great car.

Wow those cars are fast. For the money, you can't beat either one of them. They are such good track performers that any V8 that beats them at the drag strip will lose on a road course (Z06 as an exeption of course).
    I guess I should say V8 of equivalent dollar value.

Their 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are incredible for stock cars around $30k.

Nice... just nice.

Personally, I'm not sure which one I'd want. I've had bad experiences with Mitsu in the past, so I have to give the edge to the Subby, but I've seen both run at the track, and they are both awesome. (track = road course... not drag strip)

What a great world it is to buy cars these days. 10 years ago for 30k in 1994 dollars so more like 35k today, you bought cars that were sweet, but that would lose to both of these stock. (300zx, RX7, etc.)

WOW
    Scott in Houston

How odd that the STi won the Road and Track car of the year.

Originally posted by jonik
    How odd that the STi won the Road and Track car of the year.
    Yep but don't forget the Evo wasn't allowed to enter the shootout because it wasn't a new model or something. Still, the STi beating out the Porsche GT3 in votes and braking was cool.

Originally posted by Digitalfiend
    Yep but don't forget the Evo wasn't allowed to enter the shootout because it wasn't a new model or something. Still, the STi beating out the Porsche GT3 in votes and braking was cool.
    Yeah know that, but I agree with you the STi beat what I thought was MUCH stiffer competetion then the Evo could ever be.

Originally posted by jonik
    Yeah know that, but I agree with you the STi beat what I thought was MUCH stiffer competetion then the Evo could ever be.
    Hmm? Maybe you didnt see the Motor Trend special where the EVO beat alot of very stiff competition in many different categories. Check both the articles

Test1 results

Originally posted by mball
    Hmm? Maybe you didnt see the Motor Trend special where the EVO beat alot of very stiff competition in many different categories. Check both the articles

Test1 results
    Didn't see that test, thanks alot.

mball, whats with all your posts comparing cars that everyone has been comparing for the past year. Everyone has been over this. Not trying to be rude, but what exactly is your motive for these posts?

Well there was arguing going on in other topics about which of these 2 is the better car with people quoting supposed times from their "buddies" which make me want to raise the BS flag. So I thought I would just post some official numbers from when professionals raced the 2 cars head to head rather then ridiculous claims from some mythical street race friends of friends of friends happened to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.