WRX STi vs EVO-Official results from R&T mag - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX STi vs EVO-Official results from R&T mag within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by mball Well there was arguing going on in other topics about which of these 2 is the ...

Originally posted by mball
    Well there was arguing going on in other topics about which of these 2 is the better car with people quoting supposed times from their "buddies" which make me want to raise the BS flag. So I thought I would just post some official numbers from when professionals raced the 2 cars head to head rather then ridiculous claims from some mythical street race friends of friends of friends happened to see.
    That's funny...I remember some EVO guys on another board stating that the EVO given to the mags for testing was a ringer. Unfortunately, I can't back this up with a link as I read this a while back and have no idea where I saw it. Whatever...two nice cars and it boils down to individual preference.
    Last edited by mx_9; 03-18-2004 at 05:49 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: WRX STi vs EVO-Official results from R&T mag

Here is a 6 page article from last summer from Road and Track magazine which is one of the best. They put the two head to head so this should end the banter on which is faster as the professionals, not just street kids racing. Hopefully we can now put to rest which car is the overall best.

Test

TOTAL POINTS (Price independent) EVO = 391.7 STi = 393.2

The EVO only won in the end because it was cheaper

Anyways...who cares? That article is almost a year old and you are still a TOOL
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Well there was arguing going on in other topics about which of these 2 is the better car with people quoting supposed times from their "buddies" which make me want to raise the BS flag. So I thought I would just post some official numbers from when professionals raced the 2 cars head to head rather then ridiculous claims from some mythical street race friends of friends of friends happened to see.
    Not sure I'd believe "mag" times over actually time slips. They always seems to run quite a bit slower than the "amateurs". There are stock STi drivers that have run 12.9s to 13.1s and with timeslips to prove it. It is also well known that the Evo responds to mods better, for now, but probably only because the STi engine is so new. The shops haven't had a lot of time to get the most performance out of it yet. The springs in the STi can be upgraded to Spec-C ("pinks") for a relatively small amount of money.

The interior of the STi also destroys the Evo.

BTW Mitsubishi is doing really well in the WRC this year too...*cough*
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 03-18-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Re: Re: WRX STi vs EVO-Official results from R&T mag

Originally posted by bdoug
    TOTAL POINTS (Price independent) EVO = 391.7 STi = 393.2

The EVO only won in the end because it was cheaper

Anyways...who cares? That article is almost a year old and you are still a TOOL

Ah ya, and the Sti only got alot of those points because of styling and comfort Go look at the "performance" section which is what REALLY matters and the EVO won it 199.8 to 197.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is dumb! Every magazine you read says the same thing.... It's really just a matter of preference. Both perform similarly and it really comes down to which one you're more comfortable in...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Re: Re: Re: WRX STi vs EVO-Official results from R&T mag

Ah ya, and the Sti only got alot of those points because of styling and comfort Go look at the "performance" section which is what REALLY matters and the EVO won it 199.8 to 197.
    Not to mention the 1/4 mile time, engine and brakes portion of the test
    THE INTERNET: Where men are men, women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Please stop :O

Refer, again, to the first line of my previous post.

mball, what do you drive now?

Right now I drive a V8 F-150, no mods or anything like that, the lease is almost up and I will be getting a fast car.

wtlw.

i'm not getting the point of all this either.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Ike
    IME most people that own the STi are a fan of the EVO and vice versa, both great cars with each having it's own strengths. You're trying to fuel a fire that doesn't exist by posting this in the manner that you did. The only rivalry I've seen between the two cars and their owners is a friendly one. The few that do own one of those cars and bash the other are nothing but brand loyal fanboys.

Thanks for the pointless post mball...

Oh sweet the article is from LAST SUMMER!!!!!!!

WTLY!!!!

mball -- go troll somewhere else.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    [B]Oh sweet the article is from LAST SUMMER!!!!!!
    You are correct, it IS from last summer, so why do I still see people claiming the STi is FAR superior and would "run circles around a stock EVO"? Just thought I would post the article because obviously those people never got the memo

dude, just buy an srt-4. The whole point of your posts is that your trying to decide which car to buy right? all your concerned about is performance for buck, get the srt4. If you can, dish out the extra loot for a used 03+cobra. But, your certainly not gonna get anywhere comparing cars on forums. Not everyone is gonna side with 1 specific.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.