Acid rain's effect on a car
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Acid rain's effect on a car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone I was searching for a WRX and found an automatic 2004 WRX for ,000 w/ 11 miles on ...

Acid rain's effect on a car

Hey everyone
    I was searching for a WRX and found an automatic 2004 WRX for $20,000 w/ 11 miles on it.
    I called about it (at a dealer) and turns out the car endured some acid rain while being stored in New Jersey.
    I've done a bit of research on acid rain (I knew nothing about it) and the reports seems to be a bit inconclusive as far as it's wffect on a car.
    I read some posts after searching that it can leave water spots which I can understand but the dealer said the car is still under full warranty as if it were new except for the paint. Also, there have been problems w/ the '04's paint in general.
    I am just trying to see if $6000 off the sticker price is my advantage or a car I should stay away from.
    Any input would be great.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Woody182; 03-17-2004 at 03:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

'04 WRX Auto vs. Acid Rain?

WRX
    if you're looking to buy a WRX, take it! And just take it to Maaco for a quick once over, or take the difference that you would've spent normally, and get a paint job.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    If you live around a major city, chances are that your car has been hit with acid rain. As long as your car's not made out of marble it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

This is one of te few threads in WRX vs. the World that is literally about a WRX versus the world.
    Last edited by zoophagy; 03-17-2004 at 04:54 PM.

wrx vs natuaaR!

thats a darn good price. go check out the car, and see if you like it. A macco paint job isnt a great one, but if they can match and do a once over for a couple hundred you could be in good shape. or if the damage isnt that bad, just say screw it. i dont know about 6grand, but you will def. be saving about 4grand

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.