RE: Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on RE: Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In reference to: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=56148 I know the topic was closed but I just wanted to provide a link to the ...

RE: Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside)

In reference to:
    Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside)

I know the topic was closed but I just wanted to provide a link to the video that shows the SRT-4 and the STi in that video going at it from a stop:

http://www.srvidz.com/VIDZ/COMPS/SRT4vsSTI.wmv

The link provided in the other thread is just one of the races. The link above includes all 3, including the one from a dig.

Both cars are fantastic but it is nice to see what the STi can do from a dig.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That link may or may not work (I'm getting a "donation" request page now.)

I've hosted the video here:
    http://www.digitalfiends.com/downloa.../SRT4vsSTI.zip

Go easy on my bandwidth!

Edit: It appears they are using cookies to keep track of how many times you download their videos. If you clear your cookies (annoying) you can download the video again...or just use my link.

Nice video!

Here in NJ, we have these cool things called DRAG STRIPS.

When you go there, you get to race safely and cheaply. ALSO, they give you a race number and clearly identify the winner (and how they won) with this little piece of paper called a TIME SLIP.

Give it a shot before someone gets killed.

-Jim

Originally posted by PPMotorsports
    Nice video!

Here in NJ, we have these cool things called DRAG STRIPS.

When you go there, you get to race safely and cheaply. ALSO, they give you a race number and clearly identify the winner (and how they won) with this little piece of paper called a TIME SLIP.

Give it a shot before someone gets killed.

-Jim
    Did you check your brain at the sign in page?

I wasn't driving either of those cars, nor do I know the participants. I just wanted to provide the link to the extended version of the video that was being discussed in the closed thread titled, "Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside)".

Some people here that drive STis may actually like to see the STi launch against a SRT-4. I had found the video a long time ago and it isn't apparent from the site that hosts it that the video is even available.

Furthermore, I do not agree with street racing and take all my speed urges to a track. So perhaps, for next time, you can work on your comprehension skills, ASSume less, and check your self-righteousness at the door.
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 03-17-2004 at 01:47 PM.

thats amazing, STi's are unbelievable out of the hole. figure that neon is probably making 260 wheel hp. So is the STi. But you see howa lil weight and awd hurts the STi from a roll.

that dodge was makin really cool turbo noises. Kinda want one
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by Digitalfiend
    Furthermore, I do not agree with street racing and take all my speed urges to a track. So perhaps, for next time, you can work on your comprehension skills, ASSume less, and check your self-righteousness at the door.
    Good. If you like posting here, you might want to check the attitude. I don't think I was that offensive.

-Jim

Yeah street racing is Bad... I learned the hard way and my WRX became a $25,000 scrap heap in a matter of seconds.

Im lucky to be alive most people dont survive wrecks at 120- 130 mph especially into steel gaurdrails.

Lesson learned Im not stupid enough to repeat that twice.
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

Good. If you like posting here, you might want to check the attitude. I don't think I was that offensive.

-Jim
    My "attitude" was in response to your unwarranted attempt at belittling me with the drag strip bit. I get very annoyed at people that do that, especially without reason. To me it sounded as though you assumed I was posting a racing video of myself racing on the streets and were trying to "educate me".

I guess we just got off on the wrong foot. Right?
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 03-17-2004 at 02:06 PM.

Ya, lets not turn this into a flame war and get this one locked too guys. I did some more research on the SRT-4 and I found some interesting stuff. Apparently Dodge went to Mitsubishi for help on making it faster and Mitsu agreed to help out and not only put in work with the engine, they even let them use the TD04 turbocharger that the SRT carries. The domestics still rule, and will always rule when it comes to raw, V8 muscle cars, but it is apparent the import makers have the clear advantage on the 4 cylinder turbochargers.

I guess we just got off on the wrong foot. Right?
    I guess. Friends, ok?

For those that DO need an education:
    http://ppmotorsports.com/videos/driz...latinumwrx.mpg
    http://ppmotorsports.com/videos/neon_atco.avi
    http://ppmotorsports.com/videos/wrx_on_fire.avi
    http://ppmotorsports.com/videos/neon_crash.avi

Even the best drivers screw up. The street is no place to play games.

-Jim

The SRT-4 engine is truly impressive. I can't remember what magazine I was reading but they did a complete analysis of it and discovered that it is built like a tank; basically the engine is overbuilt which, when you consider Dodge offering warranty protected upgrades, look out!

Dodge really nailed it with the SRT-4. The new models have the LSD upgrade stock and the car is relatively inexpensive. If they had only named it something other than a "Neon". I really think the name tarnishes what is probably a fantastic platform for drag racing.

Personally, I'll be picking up an STi, either a late '05 model or, more likely, an '06. I'll miss my RSX but I'm really looking forward to the AWD and much greater power output.

I guess. Friends, ok?
    okie dokie!

http://ppmotorsports.com/videos/neon_atco.avi
    "The platinum rally neooonnnn"

The SRT-4 engine is truly impressive. I can't remember what magazine I was reading but they did a complete analysis of it and discovered that it is built like a tank; basically the engine is overbuilt which, when you consider Dodge offering warranty protected upgrades, look out!

Dodge really nailed it with the SRT-4. The new models have the LSD upgrade stock and the car is relatively inexpensive. If they had only named it something other than a "Neon". I really think the name tarnishes what is probably a fantastic platform for drag racing.

Personally, I'll be picking up an STi, either a late '05 model or, more likely, an '06. I'll miss my RSX but I'm really looking forward to the AWD and much greater power output.

okie dokie!
    Eh, it's only a name. What matters is what the car offers. Neon or not, I think the SRT4 is a formiddable car in just about any speed competition. I like how it looks too

Originally posted by mball
    they even let them use the TD04 turbocharger that the SRT carries.
    no friggen way the srt uses the tdo4. isnt that the peanut turbo the wrx uses? i know mitsu uses the t25 in their eclipses, an thats damn small also. i know the turbo PT cruiser uses the same motor an turbo as the srt4 though

yep, td0416glk....a medium sized turbo nothing to drool over but coming from a production car it's fairly large. It can push maybe 320-330 whp safely. I've seen some dyno's of guys who ported theirs making upward of 350 whp w/ mopars stg one as supporting fuel management. Personally i don't like to just upgrade the compressor wheel...too risky without proper fuel management.
    14.045 @101 stock

stg. one/Perrin fmic, ed piping/Mopar catback/perrin sri/mopar bov...stg. 2 coming soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast