Me(wrx) VS Modded Integra Type R
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me(wrx) VS Modded Integra Type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was on the way to work one day. I had my cruise set at 50mph and I saw this ...

Me(wrx) VS Modded Integra Type R

This was on the way to work one day. I had my cruise set at 50mph and I saw this Type R ahead. I know the guy so it is an easy car to spot with that big muffler. He slowed and waited for me. Just as I caught up he nailed it. I hung with him until his revs got up and he very very slowly pulled when he shifted the pulling stopped for a minute and then he pulled away again very slowly. I know he has full intake, headers, exhaust, pullies and that was all he got of me. I thought they were faster??? I am putting on the up-pipe, XS Eng intake and STI muffler next week. We will see then!! I guess that was payback since I smoked him BAD in my 01 cammed Trans Am a while back.

Frank
    04 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I pulled (slightly) on my friends ITR when I was stock and he had intake header and exhaust. Mods like those don't do much to the car because they put the best of everything on from the factory

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    I call BS. There is no way you could have smoked a Type R in your Trans Am. I mean, it's a Type R and you'd only have about 400whp. You'd need about 1000whp to play with the big boys.

uke
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    I call BS. There is no way you could have smoked a Type R in your Trans Am. I mean, it's a Type R and you'd only have about 400whp. You'd need about 1000whp to play with the big boys.

was ur WRX stock?
    type R w/ the mods u listed is prolly pushing about 175hp max and like 125tq. all depends if he has good flowing headers and exhaust. if its the mass produced stuff then he is prolly even less in power. pulleys dont do much for that 1.8L. the thing that got u was its lighter weight and better gearing.
    u will see gains from the up pipe and possible from ur intake and the muffler will help with getting the exhaust out faster (less back pressure) but dont expect to beat him. maybe tie him.

add a MBC, set to 17 psi, and u will smoke him.
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

Originally posted by stickman
    add a MBC, set to 17 psi, and u will smoke him.
    holy crap, or try 15psi, so you can do it again.

seriously, no point in owning 2 motors

Yeah the TA was a little overpowered. When you have problems hooking up in the FOUR lower gears then it is time for some drag radials. 403RWHP plus my 100 shot of N2O= large speeding ticket

His type R is setup well. He has poured a LOT of money into it. Very tastefully done I might add.

I got my STi muffler section on yesterday and after talking to Mr. Perrin will wait on his big downpipe to install the up-pipe I got. Cool thing is the STi muffler section and perrin up-pipe cost me a whole $200

What is a good brand of manual boost controller? I have looked at the Hallman and DNA, but not sure which is best. I was planning on about 15 lbs of boost until I get a reflash or piggy back system.

Frank

SKIP the mbc and go straight for a Cobb accessport. Best money you can spend on a WRX unless your going for a land speed record. Seriously, it runs better, less lag and great drivability. Unless of course you can't hack $500 right now.

I've heard the Joe P MBC works good w/ wrx, don't exceed 15.5 PSI unless you like looking for a new 13G turbo to replace your dead one. Seriously, you could try an run 17 psi with it, but it wouldn't help. You won't destroy your engine, you will destroy your turbo. I know a guy running 17 psi and he's on turbo #4.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

yeah, i have heard nothing but good things from joe P MBC. only like a $120 too. 17psi is way to high, its seems you are looking for less expensive part for your car, so i assume that you dont have a lot of $ lying around, and a new turbo costs money.

15.5 is a good PSI, its conservative, but will give significant gains

new turbos are money i have been threw i whent threw two ko4s before i finnaly whent big money and bought the big money t-3t-4 damn over boost
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    yeah, i have heard nothing but good things from joe P MBC. only like a $120 too. 17psi is way to high, its seems you are looking for less expensive part for your car, so i assume that you dont have a lot of $ lying around, and a new turbo costs money.

15.5 is a good PSI, its conservative, but will give significant gains
    i got it for $40 shipped the next day. put it on my friends stock 4eat WRX (silencer hack) and @ 16 psi that thing pulls really hard. Especially the midrange...

you have to make sure your mbc won't allow for any unexpected boost creep. that can blow your turbo faster than setting it too high.

Originally posted by eulerfx
    i got it for $40 shipped the next day. put it on my friends stock 4eat WRX (silencer hack) and @ 16 psi that thing pulls really hard. Especially the midrange...
    $40 shipped

wow, i tought they were in the $100 range. i didnt know they were that cheap

Where is a GOOD place to get the joe P MBC? Anyone have a good supplier?

It isn't that I don't have the money, but I have 3 cars and can't drop a ton of cash into one. My last car(LS1) was enough running 11s in the 1/4, so speed isn't what I am looking for. Plus I need to keep the WRX streetable.

Any other great deals out there. Looking for a down pipe next.

Frank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast