Me(wrx) VS Modded Integra Type R - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Me(wrx) VS Modded Integra Type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What is your defintion of streetable? If it is- better response, low end power, and better fuel economy the Cobb ...

What is your defintion of streetable? If it is- better response, low end power, and better fuel economy the Cobb reflash is all of those things. Also, more ponies than you'll get with a MBC, also safer on your engine and turbo.

I've heard a number of people going from MBC to Access ECU and loving the difference. I understand the "too many places to spend money" thing though. My hobbies all cost lotsa money.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mbc's cost $5 to make or something.

if yer going to get a mbc, i'd say get a txs one.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Just have patients and wait till you get your exhaust installed and then get either ecutek reflash or accessport. It is safer and you dont have to worry about how much boost to run, they set it for you in the ecu. Its worth the extra couple hundred dollars instead of th mbc.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Originally posted by Snowvert
    mbc's cost $5 to make or something.

if yer going to get a mbc, i'd say get a txs one.
    W3RD.

I've heard a lot of people get boost spikes from ball and spring type MBCs like the Joe P. I believe that God once said he had "a pile of those pieces of junk" lying around that he took off people's cars. But I don't feel like searching for conformation.

I had a TurboXS bleeder type MBC and I had absolutely no problems with it ever. It never spiked once.

Originally posted by zoophagy
    W3RD.

I've heard a lot of people get boost spikes from ball and spring type MBCs like the Joe P. I believe that God once said he had "a pile of those pieces of junk" lying around that he took off people's cars. But I don't feel like searching for conformation.

I had a TurboXS bleeder type MBC and I had absolutely no problems with it ever. It never spiked once.
    how much did i cost you?

If your going to get an MBC, get txs hpbc. I just installed mine this week and it felt great.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Thanks for all the input. I do want a manual boost controller in the interum since I am waiting for a down pipe before the up pipe and other goodies. I might as well kill a few birds with one stone since I will have the thing apart.

I helped a friend make a mbc from parts at Lowe's, but it was a bear to dial it in without a serious spike.

How are the cobb reflashes? I guess I should say, after I get my exhaust, up-pipe, down-pipe and intake what would you recommend as a management tool to get the air/fuel right and up the boost safely. Coob? Ecutek?

Frank
    WRX newbie, but veteran to the car world.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    how much did i cost you?
    last night? you said that was free...

17 psi is fine for stock turbo. i know plenty of people running that on their stock turbo w/ no problems.
    as long as u dont go over that and at least have a turbo back exhaust and boost gauge.

you can pick up a mbc from www.dawesdevices.com

its cheap, effective, and wont boost creep and holds boost steady to redline. i used one for about 6 months w/ no problem before getting the "poor mans UTEC" unichip almost 18 months ago.
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.