Raced an R32!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced an R32! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just raced an R32 yesterday, but didn't know it was one at first. I thought it was a 1.8T ...

Raced an R32!

I just raced an R32 yesterday, but didn't know it was one at first. I thought it was a 1.8T or GTI until he drove up more and saw the new plates and R32 logo. I decided to pull next to him and gave him a thumbs up. He was cool and he kinda lunged his car a bit and it was on.

Long story short, I beat him pretty bad 3-4 cars to about 110 from about 70mph. Car looks Damn NICE though. It was Blue also.
    Cool Guy, Nice Ass Car!!
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good work!

Edited due to stupidity on my part.
    Last edited by CKxx; 03-17-2004 at 10:06 AM.

Nice Kill man!!

I have yet to see one of those R32's. I really like that car. I've always liked the Gulf/GTI model car.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I like the styling of the R32, but they only dynoed 170'sh + whp and weighed like titanic..
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Originally posted by CKxx
    Wait, so he laughed at you, then got walked? Thats gotta be a kick in the pants. Good work!
    He wrote "lunged his car" not "laughed in his car". I'd expect the R32 to be a good straightline match for a standard WRX, maybe with the VW a tad faster, and with handling and braking and a price tag to match the STi. Nice overall vehicle that would be outstanding if the EVO and STi didn't exist...

I never fully enjoy beating paper plate cars, since the new vehicle probably isn't fully broken in (as fast as it could be), and the driver isn't likely too familiar with his car yet (as fast as HE could be). Still, the evil side of me likes to see the disappointment on the other driver's face when his new car just doesn't live up to what the salesman likely told him.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

im not too worried about these things in a drag scenario, but on curvy roads, i garauntee the R32 is a different animal.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

those R32'S are nice cars but power to weight wise.... they are hurting... i think a stock well driven WRX can hang with it. only bad thing is those VR6'S have a nice flat and strong tq band.....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Re: Raced an R32!

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    Good kill, VW pretty much just sucks nowadays

Originally posted by Dan00Hawk
    He wrote "lunged his car" not "laughed in his car".
    HA. My fault. I woke up, rolled over to my laptop, touched the pad to stop the sceensaver and then replied to this post. Still kinda out of it.

When I read the title of this thread I thought Skyline...
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

hahah SER, i thought the exact same thing

nice kill. I really like those cars. I think it will be much better if they come out with a more powerful 1.8T version with the AWD, or even better a 2.0
    The interior is so sweet, especially when compared to the wrx, sti and evo, its several steps higher in that department, just seriously lacking in power, and doesnt have the awesome potential it could since its a N/A.

daveNow: i wouldnt say vw sucks nowadays. the GTI and jetta are still 2 of the top selling compact cars, and IMO nice cars.

wrx owns that car mod for mod though. I cant imagine the potential being all that great without boosting. 1.8 is completely different though

The R32 has a VR6 in it, not the 1.8T. The VR6 is capable of 500+hp on stock internals and is nasty mutha frickin' motor if you dump a lot of cahnge into it.

-joe

EDIT: I misread your post, but I still stand behind what I said about the capability of the VR6. I remeber seeing a Corrodo dyno about 700hp at Waterfest in 2000.
    Last edited by NJwrbT-WRX; 03-17-2004 at 02:04 PM.
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    The R32 has a VR6 in it, not the 1.8T. The VR6 is capable of 500+hp on stock internals and is nasty mutha frickin' motor if you dump a lot of cahnge into it.

-joe

EDIT: I misread your post, but I still stand behind what I said about the capability of the VR6. I remeber seeing a Corrodo dyno about 700hp at Waterfest in 2000.
    i am not doubting the vw vr6 engine. its nice. but for real good power you have to drop big $$ on a turbo kit. but for the 1.8T (just comparing GTI right now) you can take off upto 1.5 sec with just MBC, intake, exhaust, chip, header.

both engines are real nice. I think vw should seriously consider a 1.8 or 2.0 turbo version of the r32

Saw my first R32 on the road yesterday. It was black and pretty sweet looking. I have a soft spot for german cars and owned a chipped Corrado years ago.

We were next to each other at a light (turning left) and when straightened out I gave my Stage 3 a little gas to see if we would follow my lead. He did but I just added some throttle to stay well out in front of him. I never floored my car but toyed with him up until 80 mph or so. Nice car but definitely not a match for a modded WRX.
    2003 Subaru WRX Sedan 5 spd.
    Platinum Silver, TurboXS Stage 3 and lots of other goodies. See profile.

2002 Mercedes Benz C32 AMG

2005 Lotus Elise on order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast