Raced an R32! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Raced an R32! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; NICE KILL! FYI: PPM now carries the full line of AutoSpeed parts, including the lightened crank pulley for the AEB ...

NICE KILL! FYI: PPM now carries the full line of AutoSpeed parts, including the lightened crank pulley for the AEB or 1.8T engine. Those little monsters are going to be some fun competition.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I too just saw one yesterday... at least I think. I saw a bright blue golf that caught my eye. It was pulling into a gas station while I was waiting at the light. Dual exhaust, nice stock rims, low stance... it looked pretty damn mean. I was thinking about buying a golf but decided on the wrx cuz I felt it's a better overall car.

Going to the airport today for some spirited driving with an R32 chipped 1.8 20th annaversary and a stocker 1.8T.... There will be some info in the next week or 2 on : www.theweekenddrive.com. A friend of mine runs this site and tests many cars - Is raving about the R32 - Came up to me yesterday and said bring that POS out - My reply - You got any money?... LOL... Anyway should be a good time, I will be driving this R32 and will bascially compare it to my WRX... Of course the speed will not be a match, I am looking more at handling....

Will post my thoughts later tonight or tomorrow - Will have pics for email tomorrow as well - Just email me if you want to see..

My friend is putting the handling of this car up there with the Carrera - - and he knows cars... Had the RS6 a couple weeks ago.

Peace out

Jeffthorson@charter.net

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting car, the R32. 3.2 V6, 240 HP and 236 lb/ft. 3400 lbs. AWD, front drive biased. 18 inch wheels. Koenig seats with some decent bolsters. Struts in front, multi link in the rear. Front/rear anti rolls with larger in front. Brakes are 13.1 in front and 10.1 in rear. 6 speed tranny. 0-60 in 6.4, but top speed of only 130 (assume its limited). Curious to see some 1/4 mile and track times. Torque comes in low @ 2800-3200, HP in high at 6250. Price just under 30K before options. Only 5000 of them to be available here.

Sounds like a pretty good commuter car since the platform is known for its quality and comfort. Aftermarket potential will cost some cash, but everyone has there soft spot, and for some, this car will be it. Right now, I'd probably take a G35 for about the same price, but it's technically not the same market.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

VDUBS suck the cAck! I own a gti and it took like 10grnade to make it runn 12.5 consist and 11.9 best vws are GHEEEYYYYY
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Would be an awesome car at $20k or so. At $30k a WRX or SRT-4 owner can only look at it and scratch his head.

BTW only 240 from a 3.2? That's Honda Accord territory.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

Nice Car

Yeah, I will mess with the R32 straightline but not in the curves, maybe when I get my LSD, but He'll still be ahead of me though, but not by that much, once I'm done with my suspension work
    I do think its a lil pricey though, compared by what you get from the STI-EVO, but I think most of the money went to looks, AWD, and that Sweet Ass Interior!

But once a street R32 gets that Stg 2 from BTI or something like that, that thing will smash all of us...0-60 in 3.2 sec
    Last edited by SRT THIS; 03-18-2004 at 05:04 PM.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

0-60 in 3.2 sec
    That a bit too fast man.

Link

Here's the link to the R32 Stg 2 Video:

http://www.streetracersonline.com/videos/b7.php
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Didn't Conebasher run 0-60 in 2 sec or so at an AutoX meet?
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

SO here is my summary after driving this car today - There is notthing in the same price range that evens come close to the handling of this car!!!... The low range is nothing to be proud of - But through the middle of second this thing comes alive - Now understand not at an STI or EVO rate!.... I can literally give him 2 seconds maybe more catch up let off then catch up again in a half mile!... Funny Story:

WRX 7000 foot runway - Open airport... Codriver has a radio and is listening to the ground crew for incoming aircraft.. Uh yeah.. Im running 135 MPH at 5000 feet or so - look up and see a jet coming in at about 100 feet straight at me, Crap - Slowly move right thinking worst case i can go under the wing..., landing gear come out - Pilot pulls up... Ask the "Crew" what happened - They were too bust watching me didnt bother to identify a fizucking airplane doing 150 at 100 feet (Dusk outside) wanting to land... Needless to say I had to be somewhere other then that airport very soon!... I did not want to be on the receiving end of that pilot!.... This was arranged just so you understand, this is avery small aiport in a very small town, just the plan did go to smoothely. Have some pics to email if anybody would like to see this R32 and a couple other GTI's... None of my subie cuz I was the odd ball out.... WITH THE MOSTESS POWER!!!!

Damn.....i was thinking R32 Skyline! hahahahha. I was like, how the hell did you pull on that! hahaha, but then i reread and caught on

the R32's are nice cars.
    Best 1/8th = 8.71@79
    Best 60' = 1.88
    Dyno: 221 whp / 195 tq

GOAL: 300 whp @ 91 pump

Re: Re: Raced an R32!

Originally posted by davenow
    Good kill, VW pretty much just sucks nowadays
    Based on what?
    Jazz Blue 20AE #1584
    GT30R Powered

Originally posted by j-style
    VDUBS suck the cAck! I own a gti and it took like 10grnade to make it runn 12.5 consist and 11.9 best vws are GHEEEYYYYY
    you either cant mod or drive....
    I have like 1/3 of that in my engine.
    Jazz Blue 20AE #1584
    GT30R Powered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12