VW RE32 in town..Yeah Baby
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on VW RE32 in town..Yeah Baby within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A friend does reviews on cars all the time - Freshly delivered yesterday - A blue R32!!... 240 HP AWD ...

VW R32 in town..Yeah Baby

A friend does reviews on cars all the time - Freshly delivered yesterday - A blue R32!!... 240 HP AWD - VR6...

The plan - have clearence at the local airport for a little spirited driving - Racing that is!... Those attending:

ME!
    R32
    20th Anneversary GTI Chipped
    Stock 1.8 GTI

Should be a good time - The review in about a week or so will be at www.theweekenddrive.com - Check it out..... So far the R32 is getting rave reviews - Still wont beat me!

Last edited by 300whp02; 03-16-2004 at 08:02 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh yeah - Forgot - I will be trading keys - I will post on Friday with my opinion....

Peace

I think it's just R32...not RE32...
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

pretty lucky that they are inviting a suby to an exclusive VW gathering. and the car you are talking about is the R32...
    you better bring a digital camera
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Youre right R32 - I took some pics already with my phone - I WILL HAVE MY Digital... We will also have a professional photographer taking some great shots.....

I will keep you all posted...

I recently ran an R32 at the tracks the other week. Of course the guy just bought it, cause he still has the dealer plates on it. When I saw I was lined up with him, I was really stoked because I didn't know that the R32 was coming to America and before the tracks opened up, everyone was gaucking (sp?) at his car. I gotta admit, I was one of them. Of course him being AWD made me even more excited. Well anyway here were the results of the run:

R32 Me
    R/T: 1.489 .777
    60': 2.189 2.200
    330: 6.275 6.112
    1/8: 9.613 9.445
    MPH: 76.40 74.30
    1000: 12.507 12.298
    1/4: 14.941 14.742
    MPH: 91.98 90.71

On a side note: This was the first time I ran my rex at the tracks and I was really nervous on my first run! Also, this was about an hour after I drove 60+ miles to get the tracks so my car was pretty warm. I only got to run twice as there were too many cars there and I couldn't get a third in. And oh yea, I'm completely bone stock.
    Bone stock '02 WRX (silver)

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice run for your first time out.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Thanks! I know I still need to work on my 60' times but my second run of the night netted me a 2.0 60' @ 14.42!
    Bone stock '02 WRX (silver)

Raced an R32

I just raced an R32 yesterday, but didn't know it was one at first. I thought it was a 1.8T or GTI until he drove up more and saw the new plates and R32 logo. I decided to pull next to him and gave him a thumbs up. He was cool and he kinda lunged his car a bit and it was on.

Long story short, I beat him pretty bad 3-4 cars to about 110 from about 70mph. Car looks Damn NICE though. It was Blue also.
    Cool Guy, Nice Ass Car!!
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Lol... I think you said RE32 because wrx runs RE92's Lol!!!!

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

I work right by VW of Princeton and I have seen a few on the road around here. It looks DAMN GOOD in person!!! Not as much raw performce for the money as an STI or EVO, but you will be driving in a much nicer total package in the R32.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Yeah I'm a fan of the car.

I'm a valet at Boulder, CO restaurant and last night a ticket-me-red GTi pulls in. "If it's an R32 I'm parking it" I said to my co-worked. Sure enough it is. As someone who's driven a lot of cars, I like it. The seats rock, deep bolsters. Unless you can't see your toes they should be nice for all. Interior is the standard VW niceness. Leather, nice gauges, nice everything. It's an audi interior with small changes so Audi owners don't get mad at the extra $ they spent. It sounds a little ricey for me, kinda high pitched compared to other VR6's that are tuned. The looks are nice, stock it looks modded and although I couldn't drive it hard (yay paying for wrecks) witha chip i think it could overcome those 3400 pounds. Then the guy stiffed me, which was AWESOME. Talking about your new car helps me pay my rent.

cool car, lame owner.

r32 has some amazing seats... i've always liked the mk4 gti design and i think the r32 is a nice car, but for the money, i'd take my sti over the r32 any day.

wrxed5.......at what track were you and this r32 running @...if it was palmdale....those numbers aren't bad for bone stock if you consider the near 5000ft sealevel...plus that's really good for r32 bone stock 2 if @ palmdale

also...320whp...pics please..my friend is a huge vw fan..he has a 400whp monster out of a 20ae(gtr30turbo)....but anyway...pics please
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

HPA tuning does have stage kits for the R32's. The stage 2 kit which cost about $25K guarantees 11.4 1/4 mile times. All this is warrantied by VW. It will have approximately 500 HP. If I had $55k, maybe I would consider it.
    "If it ain't going fast it ain't going"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.