me vs WRX - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on me vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Fact:375 hp wrx's run 11's...

Fact:375 hp wrx's run 11's
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ScoobVee
    986.4 hp sorry. 13.6hp difference would be pretty huge
    lol
    Mods

EVERYONE's figures are wrong!!!!

JK, but here are some things i found

This naturally aspirated V6 is a dog. About equivilant to a taurus V6 (duratec 200hp / 200tq, and 10.1compression)

It's got a compression ratio of 10:1, so even Headwork and cam's wont do wonders for this engine. Detonation could be a realization with alot of nitrous.
    Could you imagine a ford taurus with IHE trying to race a stage II WRX.?

I know that naturally aspirated ford motors that displace more, dont pick up hp that quick.

Heres a shocker I/H/E does not render HP gains like it would on a turbo car. Pushrod motors and most N/A engines need an INTAKE MANIFOLD, HEADS, CAMSHAFTS. and ECU work.
    How else are you going to burn more fuel?

my theory is that if your heads never get work done to them, or you never spray your car, youll never win

Also, dry weight for the SL is 3348. VR4 listed at 3747
    MSN.com also lists the WRX MT 3048 dry.

So race him, and get waxed already
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

^^^ I knew that
    Mods

IBTL,ESTFU
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

i know that i'm going to lose, though it was quite fun toying with many of you WRX guys, heh....

Midnight- the dry weight of a VR-4 is not 3747, it's 3737... much of which for very little money can be lightened up and usually is with mods, removal of the active suspension, active aero, active exhaust etc.

my engine is the 6G72 DOHC 222hp V6, it is very different from a Taurus engine, heh, 22hp is significant considering that it can be the difference of winning/losing a race, if anyone here has ever driven a 3000GT... they know that with an LSD it will outhandle any stock WRX out there, (ST-i aside) especially at high speeds (i'm prepared to be flamed for that statement).

Aside from that, a fast car is nothing without a fast driver and Persian (Kian) is definetly not a fast driver, he's like a granny on the road and drives with his hands at 11 and 1 (no offense to him).

I know my figures may be off by 10lbs, but they all come from the same source, so the differences should be identical.

also, all this active equipment is negligible. It came on the car, and while us wrx owners could strip our interiors, it isnt practical, and neither is removing certain car parts, unless it is upgrading performance, aesthetics, or ergonomics.

Im willing to bet more of the VR4's weight could be shed by ditching the 18 inch chrome plated wheels, for something lighter. compared to "active exhaust"

Also, at the same source, i found that duratec ford V6 makes 200hp and tq, and the mitsu makes 218hp and 205tq. They both are 4v 3.0 transversely mounted V6's. They also have identical compression ratios of 10.1:1

The ford is probably the better engine, as it is used to make the V12 Aston Marton's nowadays. Great torque curve! (the Aston Marton uses two ford duratec V6' blocks joined at the hip.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

not that it matters but my engine is 222hp (96- years) as opposed to the 218hp (96+years).

weight sheds quick in the VR-4 with replacement of the stock ****... if you take out the active aero, active exhaust (exhaust system), active suspension(ECS), put lightweight rims and a CF hood... you'll lose like 200-300 pounds right there believe it or not

Originally posted by Brians3000GT

if anyone here has ever driven a 3000GT... they know that with an LSD it will outhandle any stock WRX out there, (ST-i aside) especially at high speeds (i'm prepared to be flamed for that statement).

are you sure about that?

Originally posted by PersianWRX
    are you sure about that?
    Very doubtable my friend. Oh wait I have heard a bunch of people talking about the amazing 3000gt handles. NOT.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

ok, a 3000GT with an LSD with outhandle a STOCK rex. Hmmm not much of a stock for stock comparison. Anyway stripping parts is the coolest way to win races, there's an article out there where they made a Maxima run 12s by taking of the body panels, all interior etc. In the end i was an engine with wheels and a steering column. Funny article. i put lawnchairs in my car to save weight. I bolstered them with water wings an my wheels are plastic. My jetta is so fast now it rules. I assume this thread will never end.

stealth you don't need to be mean about it... i was talking about removing unnecessary systems, all that electronic active **** is not needed since it added so much weight. the VR-4 is so loaded with goodies that taking out that stuff doesn't matter anyways, the car's good without all the mock porsche/ferrari active systems.
    the reason i added the LSD was because it's not AWD, if the SL were AWD stock then there's no question in my mind that it would outhandle the WRX.

stealth you don't need to be mean about it... i was talking about removing unnecessary systems, all that electronic active **** is not needed since it added so much weight. the VR-4 is so loaded with goodies that taking out that stuff doesn't matter anyways, the car's good without all the mock porsche/ferrari active systems.
    the reason i added the LSD was because it's not AWD, if the SL were AWD stock then there's no question in my mind that it would outhandle the WRX.

FWD car out handle an awd wrx? nope
    Mods

Originally posted by ilivas
    FWD car out handle an awd wrx? nope
    that's the whole point of what i just posted. Am i not being clear or do you just misunderstand every post/reply i make ilivas? (nothing personal by the way)