me vs WRX - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on me vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guys, take it easy. I'm getting tired of locking threads because of cat-fights. Let's take it easy, alright?...

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys, take it easy. I'm getting tired of locking threads because of cat-fights. Let's take it easy, alright?
    2010 SSM STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

takin it easy
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by damnu
    so that means you must be refering to the VR-4 cause thats 3800! SL is more like 3200. SO either your so freaken retarded or something, or you dont even remember which car your talking about, SL or VR-4

BoostedBoxer - so did he what say get shoved up your ass? Sounds like hes refering to the VR-4. owned.

This will be my last post in regards to your idiotic post jacking. SL NOT VR-4 is what you we discussing. Stop jacking posts.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

i personally think the wrx will take the SL all around. I raced a SL in my old spec V and it was dead even from a stop.

I'd like to say that everyone needs to calm down a little. That said, I have some thoughts.

Stock WRX, speedo goes to 140 but measured top speed is 142 with 170whp.

If you add, UP, Turboback, reflash, that usually dynos 220-230whp. It would stand to reason that 155-160 mph would be easily attainable with that power. I have heard of folks with upgraded turbos hitting 170-175.

That said, anyone driving at these speeds needs to get their head checked. I hit 130 once and even though my car was completely stable its a bad idea.

I think a WRX, especially modded vs. modded SL, would be a little faster. I don't think that your manhood is less if your car is a little slower. Its a nice car, and we shouldn't be racing all the time anyway.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    I'd like to say that everyone needs to calm down a little. That said, I have some thoughts.

Stock WRX, speedo goes to 140 but measured top speed is 142 with 170whp.

If you add, UP, Turboback, reflash, that usually dynos 220-230whp. It would stand to reason that 155-160 mph would be easily attainable with that power. I have heard of folks with upgraded turbos hitting 170-175.

That said, anyone driving at these speeds needs to get their head checked. I hit 130 once and even though my car was completely stable its a bad idea.

I think a WRX, especially modded vs. modded SL, would be a little faster. I don't think that your manhood is less if your car is a little slower. Its a nice car, and we shouldn't be racing all the time anyway.
    i dont think the wrx has the right gears to hit 170 even the USDM one. no matter how powerful the motor is, it still wont go faster because of the gears and redline. power just makes you go through the gears faster.

I think w/ stock gearing redline in 5th comes around 180. Fuel cut doesn't happen until 7500 rpm.

For top speed, horsepower and drag are everything.
    Last edited by keystah; 03-26-2004 at 09:38 AM.

I think w/ stock gearing redline in 5th comes around 180. Fuel cut doesn't happen until 7500 rpm.

For top speed, horsepower and drag are everything.
    isnt the corvette z06 drag limited to 171 mph? It has a taller 6th gear then our 5th and it has more power, so I think WRX will more power to hit 170mph.

It kind of depends really. If the 6th gear is too tall, it probably isn't making peak power at 171mph. If you look at power curves for say a VF34, a lot of those WRXs make their peak power right near redline. I'm not saying your wrong either. Its just thats how I understand top speed ideology.

It kind of depends really. If the 6th gear is too tall, it probably isn't making peak power at 171mph. If you look at power curves for say a VF34, a lot of those WRXs make their peak power right near redline. I'm not saying your wrong either. Its just thats how I understand top speed ideology.
    gotta run through some zo6 forums. though a vf-34 isnt going to get you the power of a z06, especially up top, even though the usdm wrx is really geared for the highway, given you have lots of power...but who knows

I should clarify that the people bragging about 170+ all had 300-350whp. So obviously more than just a VF34

The z06 corvette is geared for about 240 mph. And is drag limited to 174.

I'm fairly sure the wrx is drag limited at 140 something but is geared to go 180 mph.
    Mods

clearing things up

i said "WHEN" my car is pushing 215 at the wheels. If my buddy (persian) doesn't get the UTEC ecu upgrade or wahtever it is, with 215 (roughly) at the wheels i should be able to walk him from 80mph and up.

my car stock = 222crankHP and 3280 weight
    when i have those future mods projected for this race i will be
    270 (roughly, I added 1 more mod to the previous list) at crank
    and it will probably weigh 180-200 pounds less,

so here's the possible race

WRX - txs uppipe, txs turboback (4"), B&M short throw = 267hp
    weight =?

3000GT SL - 270hp
    weight = 3100lbs

now that sould clear up most of the other **** as long as all you people that make assumptions about the weight/horsepower read that

270 hp?? you gotta be Sh!itting me.
    Mods

Originally posted by ilivas
    The z06 corvette is geared for about 240 mph. And is drag limited to 174.

I'm fairly sure the wrx is drag limited at 140 something but is geared to go 180 mph.
    whoa 240, thats pretty cool. i guess some of the turbo z06 can go nearly that fast.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.