me vs WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on me vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hence the reason why I'm not going to race my friend from a drag....WRX's, as much as i love them, ...

hence the reason why I'm not going to race my friend from a drag....WRX's, as much as i love them, they slow down a lot after 90mph, or at least so i've heard... granted my car is a full second slower (stock) in the quarter mile, it winds out 2nd quick and 3rd wayyy above 100, and strongly. that's the only reason i believe i have a chance and, i will be doing a few lightweight mods aside from the power mods, like CF hood which removes 50 pounds (yes i have a 60lbs hood as hard as it is to believe). the spare tire obviously will be out and i might possibly have my rims by then too, all that should remove somewhere in the 90-100 pounds range. So with the projected mods, i will have a -3200 pound car with 265 horse

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my friend has a 3000gt black....i own him on highway roll....on launch and at low speed rolls...(20mph 1st gear or 40mph 2nd gear)...i have downpipe mbc set at 15 and aem cai (cai sucks ass!! i need 2 ger rid of it)....even stock my car was much quicker even top end...maybe with the mods u might have a chance off a roll but not likely......by the way..no way in hell you'll take 350z off a roll on the highway...check this out

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=251&ID2=188

that's comparison of a vr4 and a 350z..stock on stock...350z would take it highway roll..even off launch up to 150...z would take it or be on vr4's ass....

no way ur NA 3000gt will keep up

i raced my friends 350z off a roll.....his a modest guy and he kept saying that he thinks i would keep up or take him.....i thought he was just being modest...but we went off a roll.....i had daily driving set my mbc at like 14.5 ish...and 1st gear at 20mph i was a fender behind him (probably only cause he punched it early or i punched it late...counting 1 2 3 than gunning isn't exactly accurate)...than 2nd gear @ 40 mph...this time with my boost at 15.5 .....it was dead even and we went 2 about 100

that last part was off topic...but my car and your friends car are probably pretty close in speed...his probably quicker than me...i dont think you'd do very well in any type of race against him...and dont go messing with 350z on the highway..they will own u

stage II wrx traps nearly 100mph, thats removed cats, and reflash!

your car definetly does not trap 100

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=251&ID2=287
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

hahah midnight... those are probably the worst stats i've ever seen for the VR-4, i'm too lazy now but in a little bit i'll post the real stats for a '99 VR-4 which is essentially the same as a '94, just like 30 pounds less

MidnightFLAT4...who were u talking to when u said you dont trap 100mph??

(by the way..cobb reflash stage 2 is with downpipe and catback....doesnt not include uppipe with those stats....and cobb reflash traps at 104 mph..100 ...104 big difference)

97 VR-4....

weight = 3737
    0-60 = 4.8 seconds
    1/4mile = 13.5 @ 101
    skidpad(g's) = 0.95

taken from the article...
    Motor Trend May 1997
    High-Speed Gamble

can be found in the LIBRARY section of www.stealth316.com
    and listed as 1997 VR-4 (MT 5/27)
    Last edited by Brians3000GT; 03-19-2004 at 12:14 PM.

how are you getting 260 from those mods?

I dont see injectors helping. Whats the use in them if your not pumping in alot more air?

your stats are not that much different.....it just proves that off a roll 350z would keep up with vr4(stock) or even take it....you seem to forget how much AWD loses 2 the wheels in term of hp..unfortunately us wrx guys are well aware of that....wrx has 227hp crank hp stock and 170 whp ..big difference
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 03-19-2004 at 12:19 PM.

wow i never knew that! i know this is off topic a bit and im sorry but do you know the whp of a stock sti?

Yeah man. the vr4's trap speed is pretty weak. I'd spank that vr4 in my wrx, much less an SL 3000gt. Don't even get me started on what a 350 z would do to it.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

230-260 whp for s stock STi
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    stage II wrx traps nearly 100mph, thats removed cats, and reflash!

your car definetly does not trap 100

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...D1=251&ID2=287
    Ok, aside from what others have said....

0-150 : 38.62 s
    1.5 mile: 46.42 s @ 153.8 mph

Show me a wrx with DP, cat back, and reflash that will even hit 150mph, let alone do it in 38 seconds. And then show me one that hits 153.8mph!!! It won't happen. Obviously the stats on that site are wrong for the wrx and I have no doubt that they can be wrong for other cars as well.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

they are pretty accurate with all of the cars...plus why are people even talking about wrx with reflash and going off topic??

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    they are pretty accurate with all of the cars...plus why are people even talking about wrx with reflash and going off topic??
    LOL IDK! haha, my bad...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I am the person the creator of the post wants to race. I don't have an intake though. I have the txs uppipe and TBE. I also have a B&M SS. I'm not really worried about 3000 GT SL's. I might even be getting UTEC soon so I feel confident I should beat him from a stop roll anything. I feel with that then I should be looking for vr-4s for a challenge not SL's. I baby my car so the only way he has an advantage is me not driving/shifting hard enough...