Costco Gas Powered RSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Costco Gas Powered RSX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, apparently the munchies are what caused his loss... he went to Costco and tried all of their samplers and ...

Yeah, apparently the munchies are what caused his loss... he went to Costco and tried all of their samplers and had mad gas... he was in such pain from the gas pressure that he couldnt launch... at least thats how i read the story..
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Was that even English? I heard of excuses, but I think that one just took the cake. I can see if he used diesel and jacked up his car, but come on now. Some people are retarded.

Well, I guess someone's gotta flatten out the bell curve at that far left-side...

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

ot - hybridx, sweet avatar!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Now here is my question for this jack@$$. What is "kicking Vtec"?

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I have been using Costco 93 gas about 99% of the time since I got my rex. I used Sunoco 94 a few times and noticed 0 difference. Costco gas is 15-30 cents/gallon cheaper than the rest and saves me about $5+ each fill up! If you do the math thats $500+/year!!! I may be missing something, but whats the difference between 93 octane at costco and 93 octane somewhere else?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Originally posted by shortbus
    Now here is my question for this jack@$$. What is "kicking Vtec"?
    it's the replacement for displacement, didn't ya know?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brittney.jpg  
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Snowvert
    Dat pic is teh funnay!!

SOUTHPAW - There is a difference between the mixtures of gasoline from brand to brand. All the oil companies that produce gasoline have a different mixture of getting to that octane rating. Some are better than others. As far as Costco goes, they *probably* get bids from the oil companies and go with the cheaper. I could be wrong though. I know this method is used by Wawa super stores. I learned this the hard way. I too thought 93 was 93 no matter where you got it from but my car detonated on the dyno with that cheap Wawa gas.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

over in CA (also where the rsx guy is from) our highest octane (aside from race gas) is 91. 76 gas seems to be the most consistent as far as quality/performance goes.

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    over in CA (also where the rsx guy is from) our highest octane (aside from race gas) is 91. 76 gas seems to be the most consistent as far as quality/performance goes.
    I work for an environmental engineering firm and I get to see a lot of info in regards to gasoline because they (gas stations) are one of the biggest polluters!! I definitely agree with you that 76 is a good consistant gas. The only others that a real good are Chevron and Sunoco.

I always thought shell was good?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

I always thought shell was good?
    Shell/Texaco/BP are good gasoline's, but I would say they are 2nd tier to the above.

That is pretty funny. 2003 WRX + mods and he wanted to kick his ass cause the car is ugly? Hey, at least my car has some sort of unique style, its not a reskinned FWD civic 'aiight?

Yeah, its called no torque. Ever. But especially not under 5500 rpm. TT supra would own him unless it wasn't racing.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

at least we dont need a turbo and more liters to get over 200 hp

(dont take me serious)
    Urethane Ro_Ja Pure Bodykit, Enkei RS-5 18x7, 225/35/18 Nankang, Ground Control Coilovers, Fiberglass Replica Type-R Wing, JDM Rear Emblems, Blue AEM Cold Air Intake, Blue Billet Aluminum AEM Spark Plug Cover, Carbon Fiber Intake Manifold Cover, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Carbon Fiber VIS Invader Hood, Tsudo Stainless Steel Cat-back Exhaust, Revo Short Shifter, Fiberglass X-1 Fenders, Blue Crankcase Breather

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by wRxOne
    What's wrong with costco gas? That junk is cheap and has been getting me everywhere I go. The driver lost cuz he can't drive. Most people who have to blame their loss on something other than thier skill is mos def a POS driver. It reminds me of that WRX driver who blamed his loss b/c of having the defrost button engaged.

-alex
    HEY! I resent that! It was A/C, and yes I did 'lose'. I could have caught up, but didn't want the embarrassment of it all. I also don't like slipping the clutch at high RPMs..., so the A/C compressor caught me good!

About this Costco gas, - now that's just plain funny.
    2010 SSM STI

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast