Price for a WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Price for a WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I found a private owner selling a manual 2002 WRX w/ 22000 miles on it for ,500. The car has ...

Price for a WRX

I found a private owner selling a manual 2002 WRX w/ 22000 miles on it for $17,500. The car has all factory options, carbon fiber interior, keyless entry and 6 disc cd changer.
    I don't really know how to find if this is a great price on the car or what and would appreciate any input. The seller is selling it b/c he's leaving for the army.
    Also, any information on if the warranty would be transferrable would help.
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry, but I can't help it.
    Last edited by Trailboss; 12-21-2005 at 12:09 PM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

To find a price regarding specific mileage and options?? I appreciate the joke and will search but I felt the question had specifics that would need precise answers.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    You can find a good source of information for used car prices at www.kbb.com or you could search for cars on www.autotrader.com and see how it compares to similar cars in your area.

That seems like an excellent price for the car... given the miles/options. Just check the title and make sure it is clean. You will need the vin # to do so, so ask him for it!

Ive seen 02's at dealerships with similar miles and options for sale for 22k... and they sold for near that much too!
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Re: Price for a WRX

Originally posted by Woody182
    I found a private owner selling a manual 2002 WRX w/ 22000 miles on it for $17,500. The car has all factory options, carbon fiber interior, keyless entry and 6 disc cd changer.
    I don't really know how to find if this is a great price on the car or what and would appreciate any input. The seller is selling it b/c he's leaving for the army.
    Also, any information on if the warranty would be transferrable would help.
    Thanks in advance
    keyless entry and 6 disc come standard.

yah so the only option is the c/f trim.

But if you are going to buy I would have it inspected at a dealership first to check for any sign of abuse.

i just traded in my silver wrx about 6 weeks ago (~20K miles, no abuse) for close to 22K dollars. KBB said it was worth 18
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

Great race! Next time, if you slip the clutch while launching, you'll come out of the hole harder...

New WRX's can be had for right near dealer invoice. Would you rather pay $23,000 for a new 2004 WRX, or $17,500 for a 2002 with 17,000 miles? The better resale value, full warranty, and guaranteed no abuse of the car might convince you that getting a new one is worth the extra dough... New car finance rates are always lower than those for used vehicles as well...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

every point posted above is valid, but keep in mind, if you get a good price used, you will take less of a hit on resale value...its not like paying 27K for a new car and as soon as you drive it off the lot it isn't even worth 23K

buy one for 18, and within a year, who knows, maybe it will be 17
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

keyless entry is standard.

even on 2002+ RS's.

theres a guy selling a 425 whp wrx for 18k. Ran 11.7's on nitrous i believe. It's on the car sale forum i believe. Seems like a better deal than a stock one.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.