Just drove the WRX and...
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92

This is a discussion on Just drove the WRX and... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't want to start any wars because this is just my honest opinion as an outsider looking in. You ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    457

    Just drove the WRX and...

    I don't want to start any wars because this is just my honest opinion as an outsider looking in. You guys who said I should have drove the WRX before the EVO were right but I also made the mistake of driving the SRT-4 right before the WRX which was a mistake too. The WRX is a VERY nice machine, the handling and the way it drove was better then the Evo and the SRT but I found it lacking the power the other 2 have. Its not really fair to compare the EVO since it is a step up but the SRT-4 is direct competition and I thought it was a bit quicker then the WRX and it also looks alot better IMO. Its clear that Subaru needs to step things up a notch to match the competition that has now come along, if they can maybe boost HP up about 20-25 and put some more torque at the low end, that would do a world of good. The list price ia also a bit to high IMO, sticker on the one I just drove was nearly $26K, I would without question spend the extra $2K-$3K to move up into an EVO or maybe better yet, save $5-$6K and go with the SRT-4. We'll see what Subaru comes up with as the rally car wars heat up.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Salient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Racine, WI.
    Posts
    144
    You think the SRT-4 is nicer looking than the Rex? Eewww!

    Other than that, can argue too much with your opinion. However, you should test drive a STi - if a local dealer will let you. Waaaay different than a stock Rex.

    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #3
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Salient
    You think the SRT-4 is nicer looking than the Rex? Eewww!

    Other than that, can argue too much with your opinion. However, you should test drive a STi - if a local dealer will let you. Waaaay different than a stock Rex.

    I agree too. I think the SRT4 looks nicer than the WRX. Not that I don't like the WRX, but it had to grow on me. It just doesn't have clean lines IMO, while the SRT4 looks like it has cleaner lines. Looks are subjective anyway.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #4
    WRX
    WRX is offline
    Registered User WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Montgomery, IL
    Posts
    2,671
    for the last time... TEST DRIVE THE DAMN STI!!!

    I mean, you'll kick yourself if you buy the evo, and don't drive it's comp!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    231
    I know this gets stated in every thread. But for straightline performance, your not gonna beat the srt-4 for the price. I think puting a wrx next to a srt4 shows its value. Not that there's anything wrong with the srt4, but the wrx has 4 power windows, much safer, stiffer chasis, handles better, AWD!. I mean if your comparing hp and speed. Compare a wrx to lexus IS300. The wrx is gonna be a much better buy, in your terms. It sounds like you the srt4 is what your looking for. I'd say get it!!!! Also, if you actually pay 26OTD for a wrx, you got ripped off. The MSRP on my rex was almost 27g's but i paid 22even
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #6
    Registered User Liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    676
    Originally posted by WRX
    for the last time... TEST DRIVE THE DAMN STI!!!

    I mean, you'll kick yourself if you buy the evo, and don't drive it's comp!
    An STI is another 3 or 4 grand atleast on top of the evo! I do think that subaru should up the wrx's power a bit for the price though..
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #7
    Registered User Liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    676
    Originally posted by el~sharko
    I know this gets stated in every thread. But for straightline performance, your not gonna beat the srt-4 for the price. I think puting a wrx next to a srt4 shows its value. Not that there's anything wrong with the srt4, but the wrx has 4 power windows, much safer, stiffer chasis, handles better, AWD!. I mean if your comparing hp and speed. Compare a wrx to lexus IS300. The wrx is gonna be a much better buy, in your terms. It sounds like you the srt4 is what your looking for. I'd say get it!!!! Also, if you actually pay 26OTD for a wrx, you got ripped off. The MSRP on my rex was almost 27g's but i paid 22even
    holy shiet! u payed 22even! The MSRP for the rex im buying this month is 25, Damn i really needa talkem down!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    231
    Yeah, it has pretty much every option that was available for an '03 except wheels.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    65
    I payed $20,988. Also, that was in Oregon so I didn't have to pay sales tax.....OUCH!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #10
    Registered User PKer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    2,497
    Originally posted by Liquid
    An STI is another 3 or 4 grand atleast on top of the evo!
    WRONG! Base EVO= 28,900 Base STi= 31,100
    Difference= 2,200 not "at least 3 or 4 grand"
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #11
    Registered User Snowvert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    513
    Posts
    2,626
    wtlw.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #12
    Registered User DrewToTheC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    256
    paid 22 for mine as well! it is the 04 as well i love it. in my opinion the sti is the best looking! but with the wrx take out the cats and you will feel more power.
    my .02
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    65
    what does wtlw stand for. Also, what does WOT stand for. People used these and I nevet know what they mean. Today I learned what IMO stood for. Am I the only one who does not know what WOT stands for? Im an idiot.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #14
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by artist71
    what does wtlw stand for. Also, what does WOT stand for. People used these and I nevet know what they mean. Today I learned what IMO stood for. Am I the only one who does not know what WOT stands for? Im an idiot.
    Wide Open Throttle
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #15
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by el~sharko
    Yeah, it has pretty much every option that was available for an '03 except wheels.
    Man, no wheels? Did you carry it home?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •