Just drove the WRX and... - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just drove the WRX and... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i paid just over K for my WRX,. TOTALLY LOADED.. with that said, for

K more than an SRT, i ...

i paid just over $22K for my WRX,. TOTALLY LOADED.. with that said, for $2K more than an SRT, i got AWD, power windows, a 6 disc CD changer, and a 5 star safety rating.

seems like a no brainer decision to me.

dR
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Got my 03 for 21900.

Yes the SRT is fastar, blah blah. Who cares. Buy what you like, and join their club and then bash our cars, at this point I dont care.

I like the WRX and you like SRT4 whatever. I like all around performance. Dirt, gravel and snow are in my area and more dirt. SRT-4 maybe able to handle the dirt and gravel. But for my tastes and my skill of driving, AWD is abit easier to handle for these kinds of roads.
    You dont see too many WRC guys, say hey, I want to run with that FWD SRT4, because its Fastar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails makinen3.jpg  

vs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ff2.jpg  

Straight line performance, the Eclipse might win. But who cares for straight line performance?

The key is All around performane.

One more thing. The WRX was the first the premiere and affordable, perfromance car. Of course cars are coming out fastar cars than it. I think its all good for the industry. Good for the companies and good for the consumers. IE STI! and EVO

Once there is a Dodge is running with the top dogs of WRC call me later. Maybe then Ill get a SRT4
    Last edited by skoobywrx; 03-16-2004 at 02:00 PM.

srt is uber ghey my opinion

Originally posted by dark_rex
    i paid just over $22K for my WRX,. TOTALLY LOADED.. with that said, for $2K more than an SRT, i got AWD, power windows, a 6 disc CD changer, and a 5 star safety rating.

seems like a no brainer decision to me.

dR
    Sheit i hope i get my 04 sooby next week for 22k! that would be sweet.

Originally posted by Liquid
    Sheit i hope i get my 04 sooby next week for 22k! that would be sweet.
    luckly my pops played soccer with kevin farrish of farrish subaru so he cut us some slack

Originally posted by MrDoctor
    srt is uber ghey my opinion
    Not being a true car enthusiast is uber ghey.

oh yea, IMO
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99

oh yea, IMO
    w3rd

drizze, you hang in the WRX v WORLD forum too much.

Re: Just drove the WRX and...

Originally posted by mball
    ....The WRX is a VERY nice machine, the handling and the way it drove was better then the Evo and the SRT but I found it lacking the power the other 2 have. Its not really fair to compare the EVO since it is a step up but the SRT-4 is direct competition and I thought it was a bit quicker then the WRX and it also looks alot better IMO. Its clear that Subaru needs to step things up a notch to match the competition that has now come along, if they can maybe boost HP up about 20-25 and put some more torque at the low end, that would do a world of good. The list price ia also a bit to high IMO, sticker on the one I just drove was nearly $26K,
    Thanks for the insight. Stock WRXs aren't that fast. What you are getting is a lot of potential. Ever heard of an STi? How can you call the WRX expensive, that's just silly.

-Jim

The srt-4 is faster no doubt, and easier to mod. although the wrx is a better car all around. If you just want a go fast car the srt is the best car for the money brand new. but you get better options and allwheel drive, and better reliability with the rex. its just a better built car. ALthough i would say go for the $25k evo.
    evo has the things the rex does, but is faster and handles better.

I say go for the EVO. Subaru is nice and all, but the evo is more of a car for the money, but both suck with warranty issues (especially subaru)

SRT4 will be cheaper, faster, better warranty, but its also a cheaper car. depend what you want man

Originally posted by drizze99

oh yea, IMO
    srt is uber ghey
    IMO-

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Subjective. I still think the SRT4 looks way better than a WRX stock for stock.
    i think the stock srt looks tacky-plastic like look is not in my taste. A Neon will never be a cool car no matter what they do to it. Plus the handling on those is no better than a stock Neon - it sits up WAY too high and it's still a f*ing NEON! More like a neon on steroids but still a neon. When Dodge was providing cars of the Fast and the Furious 2 the producers wouldn't allow dodge to use a SRT-4 in the picture because they felt it was just a Neon. It has all that performance at the price because it's still a neon. Honestly id take a rs over the srt. IMO

DTR maxima - 1) please explain to me how the WRX has better reliability?
    2) Please explain better built?

I can tell you that there are currently NO known issues with the car. Where are YOU getting your facts at?

Did you know that part of the SRT-4 is hand built? I'm not talking about the neon here.

I just love how CRAP flows on the internet.

MrDoctor - your immaturity shines through bro!

dark_rex - I love you guys!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by MrDoctor
    i think the stock srt looks tacky-plastic like look is not in my taste. A Neon will never be a cool car no matter what they do to it. Plus the handling on those is no better than a stock Neon - it sits up WAY too high and it's still a f*ing NEON! More like a neon on steroids but still a neon. When Dodge was providing cars of the Fast and the Furious 2 the producers wouldn't allow dodge to use a SRT-4 in the picture because they felt it was just a Neon. It has all that performance at the price because it's still a neon. Honestly id take a rs over the srt. IMO
    Yet you like how the WRX looks? Going by looks only, the WRX is one hell of an ugly car. It has absolutely no flow to its lines. Does it perform? Of course. It's performance is it's saving grace. It is what makes it a favorite car of so many. A stock neon, not even an srt4, a stock neon looks better than any current or previous gen impreza IMHO. The imprezas that we had before the WRX came over with the bug eyes was the last good looking impreza. As far as your views on the SRT4, just answer me this, have you at least sat in one and driven one?
    Last edited by 2001S4; 03-16-2004 at 09:27 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.