Just drove the WRX and... - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just drove the WRX and... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Try the evo rs which is faster than the regualr evo. MSRP is about 26k which is about the same ...

Try the evo rs which is faster than the regualr evo. MSRP is about 26k which is about the same as a wrx. I'm sure you could get it for at least 22k.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I say buy whatever makes you happy.. whether it be the Evo, WRX or SRT4... they are all great cars, each with its strengths and weaknesses.. to each their own.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

Right On

What STIwish said!

Here's a link to my Girl & SRT

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41904
    Last edited by SRT THIS; 03-16-2004 at 01:41 AM.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Originally posted by Ike
    Did you end up getting a DSM?
    I have a DSM and a Geo Prizm and I don't drive either. I am probably going to sell the DSM and keep the Geo. I have a work truck that I drive 6 days a week. I need something a little bigger than the DSM for my dog and other stuff, so the Geo is just better at this time. It is also dirt cheap to own. I just don't have the time to warrant paying for a more expensive car at this time. Why spend $300 or $400 a month if I MAYBE get to drive it one day a week. Also saving to buy a house or condo so it works out well for me. The best part about driving the truck though is that I don't pay for gas. I haven't whipped out my own money or credit card to pay for gas in probably at least 4 months.

Originally posted by merlot
    SRT-4 = souped up econo car (and a damn nice one)
    WRX = built from the ground up performance car (don't let anyone tell you it's based off an econo car... do research and you'll learn)
    EVO = steps above both of them

Personally, I'd take the EVO, or the WRX if you can't afford the EVO.
    LOL, you crack me up. The Impreza was never an econo box? You are kidding yourself if you believe that. Don't give me that rally crap either because the SRT-4 is in Rally, SCCA, One Lap, Grand Am Cup Racing etc.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by drizze99
    LOL, you crack me up. The Impreza was never an econo box? You are kidding yourself if you believe that. Don't give me that rally crap either because the SRT-4 is in Rally, SCCA, One Lap, Grand Am Cup Racing etc.
    I think he meant that the Impreza was initially (~1993) designed as a rally car, and then was converted for the street. While the Neon was initially designed as a street car, and was then converted to an SRT-4, which as you said is on SCCA, grand am, or w/e. He never said the SRT-4 wasnt.
    I dont think there are any JDM Imprezas w/o turbos, and they were downgraded for the USDM.

Originally posted by eulerfx
    I think he meant that the Impreza was initially (~1993) designed as a rally car, and then was converted for the street. While the Neon was initially designed as a street car, and was then converted to an SRT-4, which as you said is on SCCA, grand am, or w/e. He never said the SRT-4 wasnt.
    I dont think there are any JDM Imprezas w/o turbos, and they were downgraded for the USDM.
    OK, I'll buy that.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

the srt-4 looks much worse than the wrx stock for stock.

if the srt4 was lowered 2.5-3 inches, then i'd say the srt4 looks better, but wrx will always look better in my opinion.

it all depends on how much money i have.

WRX
    leasing = BOO
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

srtthis, car looks good. so does yer wife. hohoho.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by emosubaru
    the srt-4 looks much worse than the wrx stock for stock.

if the srt4 was lowered 2.5-3 inches, then i'd say the srt4 looks better, but wrx will always look better in my opinion.

it all depends on how much money i have.

Subjective. I still think the SRT4 looks way better than a WRX stock for stock.

Originally posted by DrewToTheC
    paid 22 for mine as well! it is the 04 as well i love it. in my opinion the sti is the best looking! but with the wrx take out the cats and you will feel more power.
    my .02
    got my 04 for 22 as well

Re: Right On

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    What STIwish said!

Here's a link to my Girl & SRT

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41904
    DAMN! SICK looking SRT-4... probably the best Ive seen.. as for your girl... umm... FINE!!!
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP

id wear it out

I posted in the other thread, so I'll just put the same thing I did before....

I drove one also and was very impressed. The only thing I worried about the EVO was reliability given mitsubishi's previous track record. Also, I cannot get over the rear quarter panel. It's way too similar to a civic sedan. Seriously, go look at both cars from a profile view and tell me I'm wrong.

As far as the body goes, I prefer the lines of the STI more, the 6 speed gearbox, etc. I love both the EVO and STI though. They're both great cars and some like em, some don't.

Edit: If only the previous edition EVOs were available beforehand....6....5....4 rock.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast