Just drove the WRX and... - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just drove the WRX and... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by DrewToTheC paid 22 for mine as well! it is the 04 as well i love it. in ...

Originally posted by DrewToTheC
    paid 22 for mine as well! it is the 04 as well i love it. in my opinion the sti is the best looking! but with the wrx take out the cats and you will feel more power.
    my .02
    That is why looks are subjective. While you think the STi is the best looking. I think it is the riciest looking car on the market today. To each his own.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think the SRT is OK but to me it is kinda like the mustang or camaro....fast as crap but rough around the edges. Thanks, but I will take my WRX anyday!

Originally posted by VOLFAN
    I think the SRT is OK but to me it is kinda like the mustang or camaro....fast as crap but rough around the edges. Thanks, but I will take my WRX anyday!
    That is kinda how I felt about the WRX vs S4. Both great cars but one was just noisier and not quite as all around nice. I made the decision that made ME happy. Same applies to these two cars now. Once again, to each his own.

I'm assuming this person can't afford the STI. In that case, get the EVO, hands down better than the WRX or SRT.
    Never stop learning.

Originally posted by complexx
    I'm assuming this person can't afford the STI. In that case, get the EVO, hands down better than the WRX or SRT.
    At only a difference of less than $3000, I would assume the Evo is too expensive too.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    That is kinda how I felt about the WRX vs S4. Both great cars but one was just noisier and not quite as all around nice. I made the decision that made ME happy. Same applies to these two cars now. Once again, to each his own.
    ...anyway, is you car modded? Tell me you at least have a chip.

Originally posted by CKxx
    ...anyway, is you car modded? Tell me you at least have a chip.
    Don't even have the car anymore. And why do you say anyway?

Ike
    Do you even own a car anymore S4?

Ike

Re: Just drove the WRX and...

Originally posted by mball
    Its clear that Subaru needs to step things up a notch to match the competition that has now come along, if they can maybe boost HP up about 20-25 and put some more torque at the low end, that would do a world of good. The list price ia also a bit to high IMO, sticker on the one I just drove was nearly $26K
    The WRX is still about the best bang for the buck around in the import world, sure some newer faster cars have come along. But when the WRX was released it couldn't be touched and still can't if you ask me. Sure the SRT-4 is faster, and I like the SRT-4, but it's just not a car I will ever own unless I get one for cheap used to mess around with someday. The WRX offers AWD, good acceleration for the pricerange, great tunability, some nice little interior tidbits, and can be had for a little over 20k. You can get that WRX you drove with the 26k MSRP for around 22k like many have pointed out. You're not going to get anywhere near that price for an EVO even after bargaining.

Ike

Re: Just drove the WRX and...

I don't want to start any wars because this is just my honest opinion as an outsider looking in. You guys who said I should have drove the WRX before the EVO were right but I also made the mistake of driving the SRT-4 right before the WRX which was a mistake too. The WRX is a VERY nice machine, the handling and the way it drove was better then the Evo and the SRT but I found it lacking the power the other 2 have. Its not really fair to compare the EVO since it is a step up but the SRT-4 is direct competition and I thought it was a bit quicker then the WRX and it also looks alot better IMO. Its clear that Subaru needs to step things up a notch to match the competition that has now come along, if they can maybe boost HP up about 20-25 and put some more torque at the low end, that would do a world of good. The list price ia also a bit to high IMO, sticker on the one I just drove was nearly $26K, I would without question spend the extra $2K-$3K to move up into an EVO or maybe better yet, save $5-$6K and go with the SRT-4. We'll see what Subaru comes up with as the rally car wars heat up.

Look at things besides performance. IE CRASH TESTS, reliability and practicality. The evo and SRT are faster. You are not presenting any news there. If its what you would spend, than go ahead and spend it. However, most do not pay 26k for a WRX. I fail to see the real point in this post. The SRT And evo make more power, the SRT is a 2.4L. The SRT costs less, the evo costs more. Nothing ground breaking...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by Ike
    Do you even own a car anymore S4?
    yes

SRT-4 = souped up econo car (and a damn nice one)
    WRX = built from the ground up performance car (don't let anyone tell you it's based off an econo car... do research and you'll learn)
    EVO = steps above both of them

Personally, I'd take the EVO, or the WRX if you can't afford the EVO.
    '03 WRX
    '03 SV650

Ike
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    yes
    Did you end up getting a DSM?

Speaking of prices, check this out. The sales manager from the Mitsu dealer I drove the EVO at called me and asked how I liked it and such. I told him I loved it but the $30K sticker was a bit over my head and he said they could do much better the that. I said how much better and he said they could probably do $25K When I asked why, he said that California is the most expensive state to insure a vehicle and they REALLY gouge you with a turbocharged car. That, coupled with the fact that it only takes premium gas that is almost $3.00 a gallon is slowing sales down to a crawl in California for not only the EVO's but the Subaru's and SRT's he said. Since I will be leasing, I dont really have to worry about the sticker price too much anyways but thats less money that I have to put down. Maybe I'll just wait till they get the 04's and try to get me an 03 for around $20K

Speaking of prices, check this out. The sales manager from the Mitsu dealer I drove the EVO at called me and asked how I liked it and such. I told him I loved it but the $30K sticker was a bit over my head and he said they could do much better the that. I said how much better and he said they could probably do $25K When I asked why, he said that California is the most expensive state to insure a vehicle and they REALLY gouge you with a turbocharged car. That, coupled with the fact that it only takes premium gas that is almost $3.00 a gallon is slowing sales down to a crawl in California for not only the EVO's but the Subaru's and SRT's he said. Since I will be leasing, I dont really have to worry about the sticker price too much anyways but thats less money that I have to put down. Maybe I'll just wait till they get the 04's and try to get me an 03 for around $20K

Where are you located? Last I checked (about several months ago), Green Valley subaru was selling sti's for $29k. I'm sure if you told them the Mitsu dealer was going to sell u the evo for $25k u could persuade subaru dealers to lower the price as well. Check out Carlsen Subaru and Santa Cruz Subaru as well.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.