Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside)
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i told this guy on another forum I had to see a Neon beating an STI before I believed ...

Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside)

Well i told this guy on another forum I had to see a Neon beating an STI before I believed it and he posted his proof. Both cars are lightly modded he says. race Just right click and save.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A win is a win, but Id have to see a couple rematches with the same results.
    Looked like the STi was going to start pulling right at the end of the video, I would have liked to see it go on for about 5 more seconds.
    Lightly modded SRT means what--mopar stage 1, or slightly higher?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

I dont know man, I am new to all this 4 banger racing stuff, I have always preferred the V8's but the WRX, EVO and now this Dodge are making me think twice. That Neon carries a turbocharged 2.5L 230HP engine and when you combine that with 250 LBS of torque, that is some serious ****, especially for under $20K. I'm just having fun learning about all these new cars and I dont think you can really go wrong with any of em.

Originally posted by BrandonWRX
    A win is a win, but Id have to see a couple rematches with the same results.
    Looked like the STi was going to start pulling right at the end of the video, I would have liked to see it go on for about 5 more seconds.
    Lightly modded SRT means what--mopar stage 1, or slightly higher?
    Uh, are you serious? The STi was not gaining at all. This is like in that other thread where this same guy says that the STI hit his brakes when there was clearly no brake lights on. Not trying to single you out, but how come everytime we see one of these videos where the Subaru is behind, someone always says that the video ended to quick, or some other crap. Losing to a modded SRT4 on a roll is not so shameful.

urmm.. that video was rather short..
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

the video wouldnt download, i right clicked and it wanted to save as a txt file and left clicked and paypal wanted some donation?

2 very fast cars. nice kill by the SRT.

i dont know why but i just hate the srt

nive vid. stock for stock there dead even. i've noticed that lightly modded from a srt gives great results. and lightly modded sti is small results. not knockin either. but i'm not surprised on the result.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    nive vid. stock for stock there dead even. i've noticed that lightly modded from a srt gives great results. and lightly modded sti is small results. not knockin either. but i'm not surprised on the result.
    it's like the SRT guys just sit around here and wait till a thread pops up w/ the words "srt" and "kill" in it.

i love how clubwrx represents tons of different cars, not just WRX's, but wtf?

i travel srtforums, clubwrx and neons.org hourly at work. and post when i feel my .02 is worth something. even if it's isn't i try to always keep a level head and properly post with an adult adtitude. i luv all cars and have a great interest in them.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Originally posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    i travel srtforums, clubwrx and neons.org hourly at work. and post when i feel my .02 is worth something. even if it's isn't i try to always keep a level head and properly post with an adult adtitude. i luv all cars and have a great interest in them.
    Well put, I am just like you. I have respect for all cars, everything is possible these days, especially with the right mods.

Originally posted by dark_rex
    it's like the SRT guys just sit around here and wait till a thread pops up w/ the words "srt" and "kill" in it.

i love how clubwrx represents tons of different cars, not just WRX's, but wtf?
    As opposed to the dozens of pos camaro, ahole in a vette, d1ck in a bimmer, punk loser in a vw, ricer in a civic, and so on and so on threads that pop up all the time? Rarely does a thread pop up that says had a good run with a X and the driver was cool. MOST of the time it is always some deragatory term towards the opponent. Thats ok though, huh? I always notice Drizze sitting there and pouncing in on any "srt" threads. Damn, why can't that guy discuss anything else

All this guy did was state his opinion and his experiences. Just cause it comes from a guy with a different car means you should knock him?

i must be the only person this link isnt working for. what the hell is with mozilla

WRX
    the SRT-4 is a great car if you like FWD. With good traction off the line, I've heard it pulling 13's stock. With a few mods, they are beasts on the highway. I'd still pick the STi or EVO.

I laughed a bit when you said "I'm new to all this 4 banger racing stuff".
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast