Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Scott n Houston Sigh... the incredible lack of understanding... Let me make this clear. First of all, ...

Originally posted by Scott n Houston
    Sigh... the incredible lack of understanding...

Let me make this clear.

First of all, I don't really care about any of the results. You are the one who said the crappy SRT4 beat "my beloved Porsche" when in fact it lost to 2 of them. 4th and 5th place are Porsches clueless. Ruf is an aftermarket tuner of Porsches. 996 is the current model 911 btw....

I know exactly what the test is. My point is a single point of 'victory' means nothing. It's just one test and one "win". It's not a representative sample to take any data from... but you wouldn't understand that I don't think. Look up a statistics class if you get to college. (not to mention... who knows who's driving these different cars... so it finished ahead of some Porsches.... that doesn't mean jack. I've witnessed Miatas passing Porsches at the track because it's "the driver". And the regular 911 beat a turbo... that should tell you something about a single point of data. Should I now say, the regular 911 is better? lol)

You're the 4 banger equivalent of the V8 mullet head. You fail to evaluate all the pieces of the equation before making a conclusion. In your little world "SRT4 beat a Porsche... SRT4 is therefore a great car."

I'm sorry you have a problem with 'yuppies' like me. LOL
    Is that an insult? Oh no! He called me a young urban professional! Oh the horror! I'm educated, have a career, and make a good living. What am I going to do with that insult? I'm so hurt.

The fact is, I have a lot more track experience than you. I'm guessing by your cluelessness I'm a bit older than you, and I am also guessing by your myopic view points that I have a lot more general car knowledge than you.
    You let your bias blind you from the point that the SRT4 is not a great car. It's "ok" and that's it. It's a weak platform and it's limited by the FWD drivetrain. That was the whole basis of my original post before you began the diarrhea of the mouth about the SRT4 being so great because it had an ok showing in one ‘test’ then after you stated it beat "my beloved Porsche" which I never even mentioned in this thread of comparison between the WRX and the SRT4.

Lastly, I have a truly unbiased opinion here, so I was just sharing. I still stand by it. The WRX is a far superior car and platform and the SRT4 is limited to mediocrity because of its FWD platform. Sorry you happen to own the lesser of the 2 cars and take offense.
    First, don't talk down to me like I am some high school kid looking for kicks. I am every bit as educated as you are. You don't know me, so don't go assuming. You know what they say when you assume right?

I never said the SRT-4 is the end all of compact cars, but it does deserve more credit than you care to offer it. So, according to you, is it safe to say that EVERY FWD car is crappy and not race worthy? I'm not sure why you keep dragging the WRX into this. Like I said, it's a great car.

I think what you're trying to tell me is that you're not skilled enough to race a FWD, therefore they are crap. Hell, you're not skilled enough to drive that Porsche you got. (I've seen your track vids)

Yea, you got me though. You have the ultimate knowledge of cars. What's your address so I can mail you a cookie?

Puuuuhlease, you probably don't even change your own oil because your to good for that.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Hey, why would it bother you. You are the super mature guy here . Comments like "ooooh I'm really scared" just make you sound dumb and LESS mature. Do I care if I "hurt" you? No. You will sound pompous either way.
    hehe. This from the guy name-calling the moderator.

My points are still correct. Take 'em or leave 'em. FWD is lame and the SRT4 will never be a real excellent car as a result.

Once again, I didn't go on the offensive here. I just stated an unbiased opinion which is more than most in this thread can say.
    I'm out to discuss cars, but when a guy says he has a "problem" with me, I'll go on the offensive then. Especially from a guy who doesn't appear to understand or know cars. At least not beyond his own personal bias.

PS. These have been some quick back and forth responses. I'm off to bed now, so I'll pick up in the morning if there's a reason to. hehe
    Scott in Houston

hehe. This from the guy name-calling the moderator.

My points are still correct. Take 'em or leave 'em. FWD is lame and the SRT4 will never be a real excellent car as a result.

Once again, I didn't go on the offensive here. I just stated an unbiased opinion which is more than most in this thread can say.
    I'm out to discuss cars, but when a guy says he has a "problem" with me, I'll go on the offensive then. Especially from a guy who doesn't appear to understand or know cars. At least not beyond his own personal bias.

PS. These have been some quick back and forth responses. I'm off to bed now, so I'll pick up in the morning if there's a reason to. hehe
    You have yet to show any knowledge of cars. Again, drizze has many times in the past, going as far as to breaking down HOW all the mods work that go into his and OTHER cars. Whats your knowledge? That a RUF is indeed a porsche?

I just spent 10 minutes reading this whole thing, can I have my 10 minutes back?
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by drizze99

I think what you're trying to tell me is that you're not skilled enough to race a FWD, therefore they are crap. Hell, you're not skilled enough to drive that Porsche you got. (I've seen your track vids)
    Nice try.
    I haven't seen your videos.. I wonder why? Hmm.... never been to a track maybe?
    FWD is not a good race platform. If it was, you'd see people racing them. Can you name anyone who does (and wins)?
    Let your bias go man. FWD stinks. No decent car uses it.
    It's physics as to why... but again.. not worth explaining.

First, don't talk down to me like I am some high school kid looking for kicks. I am every bit as educated as you are. You don't know me, so don't go assuming. You know what they say when you assume right?

Puuuuhlease, you probably don't even change your own oil because your to good for that.
    Like your uses of "your" there and this right after discussing education. That is just classic.
    Scott in Houston

Like your uses of "your" there and this right after discussing education. That is just classic.
    again, a bit pompous? Go to bed already.

Nice try.
    I haven't seen your videos.. I wonder why? Hmm.... never been to a track maybe?
    FWD is not a good race platform. If it was, you'd see people racing them. Can you name anyone who does (and wins)?
    Let your bias go man. FWD stinks. No decent car uses it.
    It's physics as to why... but again.. not worth explaining.

Give it time, and you will see a FWD SRT-4 racer in the winners circle. I'll make sure you see it as well.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Originally posted by 2001S4
    So how old are you then. You really sound to be quite a few years YOUNGER than Drizze here. You sound like you feel you are "better" than he is.
    Last edited by MrDoctor; 03-16-2004 at 10:15 PM.

Take the insults offline!

VV

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567