Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) - Page 6
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why does everything have to become a pissing match?...

Why does everything have to become a pissing match?
    It's all about rally racing, nothing more.
    On second thought maybe its all about Rally Racing and Auto-X

'06 Steel Gray WRX (Stock)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by dark_rex
    be careful pal, you don't know me, and you CERTAINLY don't know how much i "know"

dR
    REALLY??? I don't know you? YOU are the one that consistently bashes me for MY views. I don't go into the SUBARU ONLY forums. I don't care what engine mods are available for a car I don't have. I stick to Off-Topic and here. Sorry you feel that I HAVE to be a part of EVERY forum on this site. I am 28 years old, like cars, and respect them. You are what, 18? You ONLY like Subarus. How do I know? Cause I see you post comments ALL the time degrading just about anything on four wheels that doesn't say Subaru. Do I care what you like? Personally I couldn't care less, but you are the one that insists on bashing me repeatedly. So yeah, they can kick me out of here if they really want, but the fact remains that you ARE an a$$hole. Go find something better to do than follow me in my posts and bash me.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    REALLY??? I don't know you? YOU are the one that consistently bashes me for MY views. I don't go into the SUBARU ONLY forums. I don't care what engine mods are available for a car I don't have. I stick to Off-Topic and here. Sorry you feel that I HAVE to be a part of EVERY forum on this site. I am 28 years old, like cars, and respect them. You are what, 18? You ONLY like Subarus. How do I know? Cause I see you post comments ALL the time degrading just about anything on four wheels that doesn't say Subaru. Do I care what you like? Personally I couldn't care less, but you are the one that insists on bashing me repeatedly. So yeah, they can kick me out of here if they really want, but the fact remains that you ARE an a$$hole. Go find something better to do than follow me in my posts and bash me.
    you are pretty self centered to think i only follow you around. i'd like to see you quote/link me to ANYTHING where i've ever bashed you.

and for the record you'll find me posting on the following forums... hardly the resume of a guy that "ONLY likes subarus"

www.stangnet.com
    www.g2ic.com
    www.vwvortex.com
    www.hondatech.net
    www.boston-motorsports.com
    www.coral.net
    www.clubrsx.com

i'm also a member at

www.scoobytech.net
    www.wrxfanatics.com
    www.legacysti.com
    www.nasioc.com

oh, i almost forgot.

0wn3d

you are pretty self centered to think i only follow you around. i'd like to see you quote/link me to ANYTHING where i've ever bashed you.

and for the record you'll find me posting on the following forums... hardly the resume of a guy that "ONLY likes subarus"

www.stangnet.com
    www.g2ic.com
    www.vwvortex.com
    www.hondatech.net
    www.boston-motorsports.com
    www.coral.net
    www.clubrsx.com

i'm also a member at

www.scoobytech.net
    www.wrxfanatics.com
    www.legacysti.com
    www.nasioc.com

oh, i almost forgot.

0wn3d
    owned? Come on. You posted a bunch of forums. Let me ask you, have I EVER posted anything negative in response to you? No? Then why do you pop up bashing me? What did I say in this thread that pissed you off so much? When I posted pointing out all the excuses? Did you not see them? You can be as pro Subaru as anyone, but that really shouldn't change your interpretation of those excuses. You know the ones I am talking about. The "well if the race was from a dig" comments. Or the "it's only fast in a straight line". Or my favorites, "if you listen carefully, you can actually hear when the one car starts to accelerate and that is when the driver really started to try" . I am here as a car enthusiast, much as you claim to be. I ALSO frequent many boards. Unfortunately, I see WAY to many posts here in which people feel the need to defend their car. I don't get why. I win is a win, a loss is a loss and a car is a car. If one person likes a RSX, and another likes a SRT4, and yet another likes a WRX, there is no reason why they can't get along. For some reason, on the whole, people here don't accept those "outsiders" in to the forum. Not sure if you see that too or not, but I am guessing not as you seem to think I am a troll simply cause I don't see eye to eye with you. I have been here now for a couple years, hardly a troll. So tell me, why do you feel the need to put me down on more than several occasions, when I have done nothing to attack you EVER?
    Last edited by 2001S4; 03-16-2004 at 04:44 PM.

dude, i'm sure you're a very knowledgable car guy. BUT is it me, or do you only participate in the threads that compare WRX's to other cars?

i think you're a troll. that's all. spend some time here in the other forums, rather than just surfing the 16 yr old forums.

dR
    a bash? please. you need to toughen up a little bit. i called you a troll. are you okay? do you need any pain killers?

You know the ones I am talking about. The "well if the race was from a roll" comments. Or the "it's only fast in a straight line". Or my favorites, "if you listen carefully, you can actually hear when the one car starts to accelerate and that is when the driver really started to try" .
    this is why i complimented you, said you seem to know a lot about cars, and precisely why i don't understand why you only participate in the least valuable forum on this club. you get all pissed, and rant off on the KIDS that post in here. come talk with the grownups.

For some reason, on the whole, people here don't accept those "outsiders" in to the forum. Not sure if you see that too or not, but I am guessing not as you seem to think I am a troll simply cause I don't see eye to eye with you. I have been here now for a couple years, hardly a troll.
    again, check out the other forums. WRX vs WORLD is the only place liek that. in fact, there has been extensive discussion b/w the mods whether we should even keep it on the club b/c it's so bad.

So tell me, why do you feel the need to put me down on more than several occasions, when I have done nothing to attack you EVER?
    i've never put you down. show me when i have. this discussion is over. i'll give you a few minutes to post a reply (to be fair), then i'm closing this thread.

another thread killed by dR. sorry folks, but this one was dead anyway.

dR

a bash? please. you need to toughen up a little bit. i called you a troll. are you okay? do you need any pain killers?

this is why i complimented you, said you seem to know a lot about cars, and precisely why i don't understand why you only participate in the least valuable forum on this club. you get all pissed, and rant off on the KIDS that post in here. come talk with the grownups.

again, check out the other forums. WRX vs WORLD is the only place liek that. in fact, there has been extensive discussion b/w the mods whether we should even keep it on the club b/c it's so bad.

i've never put you down. show me when i have. this discussion is over. i'll give you a few minutes to post a reply (to be fair), then i'm closing this thread.

another thread killed by dR. sorry folks, but this one was dead anyway.

dR
    Well at least I can say I agree with you for a change. Closing this section would be a good idea. I tend to read over the Off-Topic section more than anything now-a-days. I used to browse through the other "more in depth" sections of the forum, but after a while, it really got boring. As an outsider (a non WRX owner) it just got to a point that I didn't care about the content. A lot of good info if you are a WRX owner, but if not, just a bunch of technical jargon that means nothing to me. I do drop in now and then, but VERY rarely post there because I really cannot voice an educated opinion on those particular topics. Again, I have never EVER had anything against WRX's or Subaru's in general. Quite the opposite actually. I am loving the new Legacy B4 pics I am seeing. So maybe one day I won't be an outsider anymore.

I sent you a pm dark_rex

I think it was said before, but I will have to agree. I just *****ing hate the SRT-4. just my opinion.

Originally posted by ezatnova
    uhhh...no it didn't. twin turbo porsche - 5th ... Neon 8th. PLEASE for the love of everything good in the world, don't compare a Neon to a Porsche.
    Alright spelling ownz me! It's Darell Cox, so here: LINK

Don't put words in my mouth. I was not comparing a Porsche to an SRT-4, even though it's just a hopped up VW!! (j/k)

Originally posted by Scott n Houston
    It did? I think two 911 Turbos finished about it. WTF are you talking about? (4th & 5th)

Not to mention, that one event doesn't mean all that much. I'm glad you take pride in magazine results, but educated car people don't.

Sorry man, but FWD is the worst setup for a car. Immediately you are limited because you're asking one set of wheels to do everything: accel, brake, and turn. It's fact, FWD is limiting. Period.
    Ultimately, the WRX provides a much better platform for building a true sports car.

One more comment, finishing in that 1 lap of America high means almost nothing. Who knows how many WRX's were entered and who drove and entered them. There are too many variables to make that one thing a reason to try and claim that the SRT4 is a better platform than a WRX.
    I don't care what car you're talking about, but there is no such thing as a 4 door sports car. Do you even know what One Lap is? How can you say it's not a true test of a car? One Lap has a bit of EVERYTHING in it, so if one particular class excels in one thing, another class will excel in another. The compitition is a perfect balance of everything. Again, DO NOT put words in my mouth because I NEVER said the SRT-4 is a better platform than the WRX. I have a lot of respect for the car and what it brings to the table. It's yuppy people like you I have a problem with.

Oh, and why don't you post the rest of the results?

1 Chevy MTI Z-07
    2 Chevy Corvette Z06
    3 Dodge Viper
    4 RUF RGT
    5 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo
    6 Toyota Supra Turbo
    7 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ZR1
    8 Dodge SRT-4
    9 Lamborghini Diablo
    10 Audi S-4
    11 Ford Probe GT
    12 Subaru WRX Wagon
    13 Nissan 350Z
    14 Porsche 911
    15 Dodge Viper GTS
    16 Mitsubishi Evolution
    17 Ford Thunderbird
    18 Subaru WRX
    19 BMW M5
    20 BMW Bavaria
    21 Porsche 911 TT
    22 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    23 BMW M Coupe
    24 Subaru WRX
    25 Lexus IS300

I would say that's a pretty impressive list of cars that the "crappy" FWD finished IN FRONT of!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Sigh... the incredible lack of understanding...

Let me make this clear.

First of all, I don't really care about any of the results. You are the one who said the crappy SRT4 beat "my beloved Porsche" when in fact it lost to 2 of them. 4th and 5th place are Porsches clueless. Ruf is an aftermarket tuner of Porsches. 996 is the current model 911 btw....

I know exactly what the test is. My point is a single point of 'victory' means nothing. It's just one test and one "win". It's not a representative sample to take any data from... but you wouldn't understand that I don't think. Look up a statistics class if you get to college. (not to mention... who knows who's driving these different cars... so it finished ahead of some Porsches.... that doesn't mean jack. I've witnessed Miatas passing Porsches at the track because it's "the driver". And the regular 911 beat a turbo... that should tell you something about a single point of data. Should I now say, the regular 911 is better? lol)

You're the 4 banger equivalent of the V8 mullet head. You fail to evaluate all the pieces of the equation before making a conclusion. In your little world "SRT4 beat a Porsche... SRT4 is therefore a great car."

I'm sorry you have a problem with 'yuppies' like me. LOL
    Is that an insult? Oh no! He called me a young urban professional! Oh the horror! I'm educated, have a career, and make a good living. What am I going to do with that insult? I'm so hurt.

The fact is, I have a lot more track experience than you. I'm guessing by your cluelessness I'm a bit older than you, and I am also guessing by your myopic view points that I have a lot more general car knowledge than you.
    You let your bias blind you from the point that the SRT4 is not a great car. It's "ok" and that's it. It's a weak platform and it's limited by the FWD drivetrain. That was the whole basis of my original post before you began the diarrhea of the mouth about the SRT4 being so great because it had an ok showing in one ‘test’ then after you stated it beat "my beloved Porsche" which I never even mentioned in this thread of comparison between the WRX and the SRT4.

Lastly, I have a truly unbiased opinion here, so I was just sharing. I still stand by it. The WRX is a far superior car and platform and the SRT4 is limited to mediocrity because of its FWD platform. Sorry you happen to own the lesser of the 2 cars and take offense.
    Scott in Houston

You're the 4 banger equivalent of the V8 mullet head. You fail to evaluate all the pieces of the equation before making a conclusion. In your little world "SRT4 beat a Porsche... SRT4 is therefore a great car."

I'm sorry you have a problem with 'yuppies' like me. LOL
    Is that an insult? Oh no! He called me a young urban professional! Oh the horror! I'm educated, have a career, and make a good living. What am I going to do with that insult? I'm so hurt.
    So how old are you then. You really sound to be quite a few years YOUNGER than Drizze here. You sound like you feel you are "better" than he is.

So how old are you then. You really sound to be quite a few years YOUNGER than Drizze here. You sound like you feel you are "better" than he is.
    He attacked me 1st remember. I was just giving an opinion on the 2 cars.

And yes, I do think I'm smarter than he is based on his ridiculous posts.
    Scott in Houston

He attacked me 1st remember. I was just giving an opinion on the 2 cars.

And yes, I do think I'm smarter than he is based on his ridiculous posts.
    I guess that is also a matter of opinion. I have read MANY posts by him and he knows quite a bit. At the same time, I have yet to be impressed with your superiority.

I guess that is also a matter of opinion. I have read MANY posts by him and he knows quite a bit. At the same time, I have yet to be impressed with your superiority.
    LOL. Once again I'm so hurt.

You know, my main reason for posting was to try and impress you and I failed.

Now what do I do?
    Scott in Houston

LOL. Once again I'm so hurt.

You know, my main reason for posting was to try and impress you and I failed.

Now what do I do?
    Hey, why would it bother you. You are the super mature guy here . Comments like "ooooh I'm really scared" just make you sound dumb and LESS mature. Do I care if I "hurt" you? No. You will sound pompous either way.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.