Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i've been on here a long time, and love how most people on here have respect for both cars as ...

i've been on here a long time, and love how most people on here have respect for both cars as I do. But I have to laugh when people claim stock or lightly modded wrx's (not STi's) walking SRTs or always 'killing' srt's from a dig. My stock times at the track were 14.0-14.2 @ 100. Most 04's with a good driver run 13.8 or so stock. With Stage 1 I run between 13.5 and 13.7 @ 102. Stock for stock from a dig, it's still a drivers race.

STi's are a different story. un-modded srt's have no chance from either dig or roll. Luckly, srt's love mods. I can't wait for the Stage 2 mopar kits to hit the market.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ebbtide
    i've been on here a long time, and love how most people on here have respect for both cars as I do. But I have to laugh when people claim stock or lightly modded wrx's (not STi's) walking SRTs or always 'killing' srt's from a dig. My stock times at the track were 14.0-14.2 @ 100. Most 04's with a good driver run 13.8 or so stock. With Stage 1 I run between 13.5 and 13.7 @ 102. Stock for stock from a dig, it's still a drivers race.

STi's are a different story. un-modded srt's have no chance from either dig or roll. Luckly, srt's love mods. I can't wait for the Stage 2 mopar kits to hit the market.

un-modded srt's have no chance from either dig or roll

obviously u weren't around when i race a sti 3 times in my stock 04. totally setup race with a friend and neither could pull on each other from a 20,40,65 rolls. there is a link around here somewhere about. keep the faith my son lol. both put about the same hp to the wheels and are geared closly. the 6sd helps a tad with the weight advantage of the srt. but from a stop is a story yet to be told or believed on the street at least.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

hmmm

ok, the srt-4s are defintely behind the wrx modding curve though....
    if you had unlimited budget, the wrx would smoke the srt-4 cuz they have like stage 4 parts for the rex's now dont they?

but bone stock, man itd be relaly close.
    -randin

Hey, can I get in on this?

I know the guy (from SRT Forums) in the SRT-4 and it is a pretty qwik car. I've seen his car kill many cars from a roll.

The great thing about the SRT-4 is how well it takes to mods. You can a lot of power out of them with little mods.

dark_rex: I comment on other threads besides "SRT" threads!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

You call that a killing, thats not even a hard walking.... in fact the STi wouldnt let that neon pull more more than A Car.... Thats 1.5 carlengths tops there....

Yes the neon was stronger for the duration of the race. But if you were to line the two cars up from a dead stop, the STi would be ahead by approximately 1.5- 2 cars.
    Maybe this videomaker has the "other" video if hes a cool neon owner.... but anyways that is not a killing.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    .... but anyways that is not a killing.
    What is it then?
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

I love this thread!

just wanted to correct...

the srt-4 is a 2.4L turbo inline 4.

i'm not surpised, the neon is only 2 wheel drive.

Ok ok, you guys gotta watch the video again. If you listen to the engines you don't really hear the STi's racing that much. Plus, you can sorta see a big jerk on the STi's part too as the SRT4 starts to pass. Seems maybe he dropped a gear or shifted into the wrong gear. Either the driver wasn't skilled, or the driver of the STi didn't realize it was a race. only tword the end do you hear the engine pick up alot and the STi starts the move foward right at the end before it gets cut off.

Rewatch it you'll see
    Last edited by TBomb; 03-16-2004 at 09:56 AM.
    It's all about rally racing, nothing more.
    On second thought maybe its all about Rally Racing and Auto-X

'06 Steel Gray WRX (Stock)

Originally posted by drizze99
    What is it then?
    EXACTLY!!!!

I'm freaking cracking up over here. The STi lost. Therefore it was a death was it not? And how does a car suffer a loss/death when racing . It's KILLED .

I can't even believe some folks are saying the normal WRX has more potential than the SRT-4 . To this date, do we even have any 11 second or 115+mph WRX's on pump gas and no nitrous yet . This year is going to be a good year for the SRT-4 .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 03-16-2004 at 10:00 AM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by TBomb
    Ok ok, you guys gotta watch the video again. If you listen to the engines you don't really hear the STi's racing that much. Plus, you can sorta see a big jerk on the STi's part too as the SRT4 starts to pass. Seems maybe he dropped a gear or shifted into the wrong gear. Either the driver wasn't skilled, or the driver of the STi didn't realize it was a race. only tword the end do you hear the engine pick up alot and the STi starts the move foward right at the end before it gets cut off.

Rewatch it you'll see
    .....beyond ridiculous.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    .... 115+mph WRX's on pump gas .... .

Ummm.... yeah. You don't get out much do ya?

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    .....beyond ridiculous.

If its so ridiculous watch the video and prove me wrong.

Ummm.... yeah. You don't get out much do ya?
    Heh, that's funny how you didn't quote the "no nitrous" part as well .

If you can show me 5+ 11 second or 115+mph WRX's on pump gas(91-93 octane) without nitrous, I'd be a very happy person. That's why I asked the question .

Rewatch it you'll see

That engine you hear IS the STI, you can't even hear the SRT. You can hear him running the gears and his turbo making noise as the SRT just seems to cruise by him with little effort. Look how still the camera stays, its like the SRT was just on a sunday drive.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast