Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dodge SRT-4 killing an STI (video inside) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We're going to see a lot of SRT-4s beating STi's from rolls in the near future As much as i'd ...

We're going to see a lot of SRT-4s beating STi's from rolls in the near future
    As much as i'd like to disagree, i can't, SRT's are fast on the highway with just a few mods.

*But, i haven't found a track where they let you start from a roll on the third honk so i'd say who cares who wins the highway race, go to the track and see who comes back with a better time AWD ownz.

steve
    2002 SRP WRX Sold .......i need another wrx
    13.3 @99mph with a mbc

03 Honda Element
    1992 Civic hb W/B20 SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How many more people are gonna use the wiggling fat kid avatar. What are we up to now, a dozen?

Originally posted by wrxspins4
    As much as i'd like to disagree, i can't, SRT's are fast on the highway with just a few mods.

*But, i haven't found a track where they let you start from a roll on the third honk so i'd say who cares who wins the highway race, go to the track and see who comes back with a better time AWD ownz.

steve

AWD does own, for sure. i'm hopin though in about 2 weeks or so to go huntin for stock sti's from the dig. motor mount and DR's will help out plus some more powa. i'm sure i'll lose in the 1/8th but i think i can get them caught by the .25. figure a well driven sti is 1.7 to the 60 and a well driven srt with the proper set up is 1.9 to the 60. that isn't to far margin apart to catch. i just wanna see how it actually turns out. thanks for bein supportive of outside input. and happy huntin.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Just curious but how fun would it be if the SRT had AWD? Anybody what to comment...be honest... if an SRT can give a STi a run for it's money from a roll (where its more equal for the SRT's lack of traction), do you think with the right driver the STi might just get owned from a dig also? Just wanting to see what your responses will be...being that I've never driven either it would be interesting to see and prolly be a real good race. Holla!

Originally posted by FastD
    Just curious but how fun would it be if the SRT had AWD? Anybody what to comment...be honest... if an SRT can give a STi a run for it's money from a roll (where its more equal for the SRT's lack of traction), do you think with the right driver the STi might just get owned from a dig also? Just wanting to see what your responses will be...being that I've never driven either it would be interesting to see and prolly be a real good race. Holla!
    You already know that these guys will tell you that the SRT4 will have no chance from a dig.

Originally posted by FastD

Assuming that Dodge couldn't pull a 'zero loss' AWD driveline out of their magic parts bin, it would make the STi just that much better.. because then the STi would own it from a roll as well

STi simply has more motor than an SRT... a fairly lightly modified WRX does as well...... from a dig, the SRT has problems due to traction.... from a roll, we have a problem due to driveline loss from pushing all four wheels. What helps you on one end, hurts you on the other. But that being said, I'll keep driving all four wheels thankyouverymuch

hate to be the new guy who tries to throw wrenches in things or tries to discredit anyone, but how can you guys honeslty say that's what these 2 cars are?
    maybe this guy who posted the vid is just an srt guy who thinks he beat an sti?!?!

here in so cal about 1/2 the sti's you see are not real! wtf is up with that? grr!!! just own up that you cant afford that expensive of a car, i dont c the prob wit dat....

maybe bone stock wrx with superficial mods like hood scoop, foglight covers, etc, rolling around pretending to be cool.... the can turn down a challenge to and srt-4 that he doesnt realize is slightly modded.... a walla! your video....

i just have to be the guy who pokes his head out and says nuh-uh!!! i have driven an srt 4, a wrx, and ridden in an sti.... i KNOW which ones pull harder, even on freeways.... the wrx's smaller engine and awd puts it at a disadvantage on freeways... that my guess on this vid... later
    -randin

fre
    Have not driven the srt4, but I have driven an sti and my stage4 rex and I would say the sti has similar pull to my stage4, except my stage4 pulls longer because of gearing. Up at 7000 feet the sti seems to keep more pull than my car does though. That is what I get for having a car tuned at 1200 feet and living at 4500-7000 feet, heh. That being said I wouldn't mind trying out an srt4, but I would believe with the right drivers the srt4 could win. Obviously on paper it doesn't make sense, because the srt4 starts with what? 230hp? and the sti 300, and with similar mods the sti should obviously have more power. I mean I have a new turbo, injectors, exhaust, IC, and a pump and I am still just barely with a stock sti. I still have to run one down in Phoenix to get a better idea of how I stack up.

that was a real sti in the vid, thats obvious from the sound an model. ive seen the other part of the vid an they go from a stop an the sti owns by 4 cars. but from a roll, the srt4 will usually dominate. its 2870 pounds an makes near 230-235hp in stock trim. its underated, beacause the sti makes about that much. stock for stock the srt4 will slowly pull, ive been shotgun in the atleast 5 different runs. ive ran an sti with turboback on freeway an pulled as hard on him as i did on my freinds stock srt4. ive also gotta say that another kid i know uses the mopar stage one with full exhaust/ no cats, an MBC-at 18psi, an hes not that much faster than a stocker srt4, but theyre just monsters period!

Call me stupid...but how is there even a comparo with the Sti and SRT4? I have a lightly modded WRX and I always walk local SRT4s and that pisses them off BAD! I only wish I had a STi to hush the crowd here even more!

I need more technical background to this post...or more vid...

a win is a win, even though it wasnt "killed"
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I dunno, personally I think the SRT-4 is a pretty cool little car for the money...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

cool car for $

lol
    i dont even want to start another thread about this...
    here goes
    a) used wrx for $ = better, you can even get em with $5 k in mods for under $20k
    b) awd for launch and rallies, not freeways
    c) dodge is a wee bit behind in aftwermarket market
    d) love the seats on srt-4s!!! almost identical to viper!
    e) srt-4 sounds better
    f) srt-4 lacks more luxuries (i.e. stereo, hand pwr rear windows, wtf?)
    g) srt-4's = less common

what about suspension tho? havent heard much there....
    -randin

Re: cool car for $

Originally posted by djrandin
    lol
    here goes
    a) used wrx for $ = better, you can even get em with $5 k in mods for under $20k
    e) srt-4 sounds better
    g) srt-4's = less common

Dodge Neon ACR suspension is a direct bolt on for the SRT4. Will allow the car to handle with the best out there.

Re: cool car for $

Factory backed and warrantied staged performance upgrades is lacking behind!?

Anyway, race was completely believable, if not a given. To those that talk about running at a real track....Thunder Valley Raceway...NHRA track....me in pretty much stock WRX turn a 14.0 against a 100% stock SRT4's 14.2..........BUT, I trapped 96mph and he trapped 102.x mph. He was motoring by me. Freeway roll such as this, they have a big advantage.

*shrug*, I'm a fan

VV

Originally posted by djrandin
    lol
    here goes
    e) srt-4 sounds better
    g) srt-4's = less common

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast