WRX vs. RX8

This is a discussion on WRX vs. RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night I was coming home from watching Starsky and Hutch and I saw what I thought was a Mazda ...

WRX vs. RX8

Last night I was coming home from watching Starsky and Hutch and I saw what I thought was a Mazda 3. So I pulled up behind him at the light...so that if he turned right I could too. I sure wish I would have pulled up beside him. When the light turned Green I wasn't sure if he was going to punch so I let him have 2 car lengths on me before I was sure it was a race. About half way through the intersection I changed lanes so I could pass him on the left side. Around 40 I was at the left side of his bumper and pulling pretty well. At 65 I was a little closer to his door....then I braked hard. The lanes were merging together and I didn't want to cause this guy to have a wreck so I let him go....even though I had the write away. I was shocked as hell when I was pulling on him and realized it was an RX-8. I got so excited. Anway he kept going as fast as he could even after I braked. It was a good race.

I am stock and I am pretty sure he was too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get an up-pipe and turboback. Then you will think those cars are as silly as I do.

An Rx-8 is a silly car, looks VERY nice but no power to back it up.

If those cars had power... But they don't. And, they're over-priced. They're roughly the same price as a 350Z. I just think they are horribly overpriced for what they are. They should be 20-25k, not 25k-32k!!! The RX-8 is one of if not the best-looking car on the road these days...

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Ike
    The cars handle great and the high revving engine is fun, but in the acceleration department they are lacking against most cars in it's class.

a wrx stock can woop a rx8 stock any time if u now how 2 drive

the common perception on the new rx-8's are they have great styling, but are alittle underpowered for what you pay.....plus mazda rated the hp too high at the start i think, and a bunch of owners got upset. its lacking that extra punch that the 350z has

yeah, mazda rated it at 247 then dropped it to 238. and theyre actually willing to buy back the cars sold or give $500 in free maintenece, gas, etc. i think mazda overrated the miata way back also. i just know its not the first time its happened. but with a little less weight an less drivetrain loss a manual should pull a bit on the stock wrx. (the autos only make 197hp) incredibly lame.