240sx, jetta vr6, evo viii, and me

This is a discussion on 240sx, jetta vr6, evo viii, and me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm leaving the club that we just went to for my gf's birthday and about to get on the ...

240sx, jetta vr6, evo viii, and me

So I'm leaving the club that we just went to for my gf's birthday and about to get on the freeway. I pull up to the light with me and two other passengers in my car. My friend yells out... hey check out that evo. I look over and see the nice white evo lined up at the light. Next to him, and in front of me, is a 95ish 240sx w/ an exhaust. Behind the Evo is my friend in his stock vr6.

I was pretty much thinkin that this will be a nice little run if we all get on the freeway... and as luck has it, they all do! The EVO bolted from the light and got in front of the pack. I passed up the 240 and got in line behind the evo and my friend in the vr6 trailed behind the 240. As we merge I'm staying pretty close to the evo, he starts to get over but he's only goin about 50mph. Next thing I know i hear the 240 fly by us both so I punch it in 3rd and caught up pretty quick and flew by the 240 by the end of 3rd. Next thing I know the evo is flying by me... it was pretty damn fast!

We all slowed down again and I see the vr6 and the 240 goin at it, coming up from behind. My friend was in the lead by a car or two so when he flies by me I punch it again and manage to take the lead from him. Again, the evo followed suit and passed us all. Me and the evo took it up to about the end of 4th w/ him a good two cars in front before he hit the brakes.

Well, the fun was almost over. The evo slows down and gets next to me and we pace each other at about 70mph. Well, I pretty much knew the out come but I figured what the hell. So, I punch it and run out 3rd and right after I shift into 4th he flies by me... and I mean fly. And of course he had to flash his hazards... I didn't really think he had to do that. I think we all know who won, I guess he needed to rub it in.

I knew the outcome before we raced but I wanted to see how I'd do against an evo. I'm pretty much stock at the moment. I just have a catback but am waiting for my accessport
    I don't know what the evo had, I know at least exhaust but this is my first encounter w/ an evo so I don't have many references to go by. Overall, it was a learning experience and a motivating factor to get more mods

Cliff Notes:
    Raced an evo, vr6, and a 240sx on the highway. Beat the vr6, and the 240 but got smoked by the evo. P.S. my friend in the vr6 drives like a grandma... really, he does!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What were you driving? Nice race btw.

Originally posted by my2003wrx
    What were you driving? Nice race btw.

I am pretty sure that 03WREX was driving a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX.... but I could be way off base

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Originally posted by Fourdoor
    I am pretty sure that 03WREX was driving a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX.... but I could be way off base

Keith
    haaaha