Me vs. STI

This is a discussion on Me vs. STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well I'm driving to work on the 405N, and what do you know, a beautiful Whte STI w/Gold Rims ...

Me vs. STI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I'm driving to work on the 405N, and what do you know, a beautiful Whte STI w/Gold Rims pulls along side me and we give eachother Thumbs up. So I have new Mods and want to see how I do this time, as when I was stock and lost. Traffic was pretty heavy and did a few short runs but got a pretty good one in.

We went from 3rd, with the STI jumping 1/2 a car and I quickly got next to him into 4th and slightly pulling but slowed down due to traffic. I was very happy with these results, because my last encounter wasn't near that. We pulled over and Shane ( STI Owner) was real down to earth, not like other A Holes who think they are way superior, and talked a bit and took a few Blurry pics thanks to me forgetting to put night mod on the Digi

This was really fun and rare, because Ever time I drive, and I drive to Lake Elsinore alot, I never see anything good, but when I'm with other's, they are every where. . Here's his Post on NASIOC Forums and a Link to my Girl w/SRT:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41904

The SRT & Me... Quote:

Originally posted by STIcky WRX AWD
    Well, I drove from San Diego to Los Angeles tonight almost the whole way with nothing interesting to this point...where I see one of the nicest SRT-4's I have ever seen in the #2 lane. I drive casually by him and all of a sudden I hear a downshift and swooshing coming from his car...This SRT sounded like it meant business! So I am like what the hell...there is mild traffic and we decide to have some "spirited driving" because conditions wouldn't allow racing, and I wanted to keep it cool. We start it off with a go from 3rd gear where I jump ahead about a half a car length...we shift to 4th and he jumps right back next to me....where we then have to stop due to traffic! When I tell you this SRT meant business....HE DID...he wasn't letting me go ANYWHERE! We did a few more runs with pretty much the same results.

Well, we decided to pull off the freeway and talk...and this is a really cool guy, not some prick who thinks he is cool with his SRT...he will probably chime in here sometime with a pic or two...

By the way, he had a cold air intake, wastegate something or other, and an exhaust if you want to call it that...I look under the car and there is just an exhaust outlet in the middle of his car...and nothing attached to the tips...Pretty crazy! I don't know if those are all the mods, but I am assuming they are because thats all he told me about...

Moral of the story...I have a lot of respect for SRT-4's...even more than I did before! Great car...great guy...

-Shane
    Last edited by SRT THIS; 03-15-2004 at 12:26 AM.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good to hear about some level-headed people showing respect for each other's car

The only srt I've seen had 3 punk youngsters in it that acted like complete idiots. They got in front of me and threw out their trash! I was pretty pissed but it was only a wrapper so I let it go and just went on my way.

Thumbs up to driver's that don't act like complete idiots.

Many

Yeah alot of youngsters own the SRT and alot are first timers to a car with this power and get big headed, and don't how to drive them, causing them to crash or get wooped at the track.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Damn, good race man... SRT4 == monster from a roll.
    STIwish
    -------------------
    03 Subaru WRX Sedan WR Blue -
    RIP