STi vs. Mini - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on STi vs. Mini within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have driven with the STi guy before at one of the meets. I may go watch this but I ...

I have driven with the STi guy before at one of the meets. I may go watch this but I am kinda lazy. I do however have a 1 dollar bet going on behalf of our STi friend.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

time to bring this topic back from the depths...today is the day! expect some pictures and movies in the days to come!

To the Top..^ I'm excited to hear the results and check out the vids.. Go STi!
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Thumbs up nabisco posted results

Mike(mrbadfish) - 1:42.317
    Peter(m7mini) - 1:42.787

STi is teh win!

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

hey teep! haha i was the short asian dude in the black sweater hanging out with the mini guys...LOL i heard some crazy stuff about mike getting all the mods at the last second...i was surprised that peter(who drives the mini) was able to hang with the STi...

did you see the times for the two STis from vivid racing? i think it was like 1:36!!!!

anyways...that was a fun day...ill post up pics when i have a chance later!

Ike
    Originally posted by Beef Jerky
    hey teep! haha i was the short asian dude in the black sweater hanging out with the mini guys...LOL i heard some crazy stuff about mike getting all the mods at the last second...i was surprised that peter(who drives the mini) was able to hang with the STi...

did you see the times for the two STis from vivid racing? i think it was like 1:36!!!!

anyways...that was a fun day...ill post up pics when i have a chance later!
    Those were a regular WRX and maybe a second red 04 WRX if they brought that. But I believe they had just their older WRX there and their EVO. They have an RX-8, did they happen to bring that as well?

I Support ClubWRX
    I just read the entire thread on the MINI board and it was a bit enlightening. 12 pages of predictions for a Mini win, based mostly on the drivers capabilities. Then, once the results are posted and the STi wins (by a very small margin, but a win is a win) it suddenly becomes about the STi mods (which were pretty minimal by the looks). There is also a reference to a tire defect or issue with one of the Mini's tires, but no explanation given.

Sounds like everyone had fun, and both drivers should be congratulated. IMHO though, the Mini driver should have given a public congratulatory note to the STi driver after all of his predictions were proven incorrect. He was VERY confident he would win.

I have to admit, I would be a bit non-plussed to have a Mini pass me at a track, so I'm happy to see the STi holding up against race prepped and much more experienced drivers.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    IMHO though, the Mini driver should have given a public congratulatory note to the STi driver after all of his predictions were proven incorrect. He was VERY confident he would win.
    I agree wholeheartedly. ...even worse, sounds like the "cheap @ss hat" didn't make good on the original bet of "loser pays track fees." That's no way to represent your board, your brand, and your ability to lose with grace.

All in all, I love that vivid crashed and handed out hearty thrashings w/their rides.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123