STi vs. Mini - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs. Mini within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Screw the STi guy, lets send KC after him, if this guy in the STi doesn't have track experience he's ...

Ike
    Screw the STi guy, lets send KC after him, if this guy in the STi doesn't have track experience he's going to get trounced most likely.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Teep
    But hey, if the Mini driver ends up taking out the STi driver, we'll send one of our finest WRX Wagon drivers over there for the rematch.

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

I Support ClubWRX
    This could come down to the driver, depending on the engine mods the mini has. They are very quick in short, tight tracks, and with a good driver, can beat an STi handily. However, looking at the track layout, and based on my own track experience against Mini's (road coarse, not autox), I'd say it will at least be a good race. The STi should take it, especially with that looooooong sweeper. Hammer down time. I'd love to be involved in that....hell...that would be soooo kickin'. keep us posted on the results.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

After reading the nasioc thread the STi looks like the under dog. The mini cooper only has 170 hp but it's supposed to keep up with high end porsches and vettes due to it's handling.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

The mini is still a clown car no matter how you look at. My mom has one and everytime I see it all I can think os is like 10 midget clowns jumping out of it and doing a dance or something.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ilivas
    After reading the nasioc thread the STi looks like the under dog. The mini cooper only has 170 hp but it's supposed to keep up with high end porsches and vettes due to it's handling.
    I've already taken on and beaten 00 and up Porsche 911 and Vette C5s on a road course, but havent had the opportunity to go against a Z06 or 911 Turbo (at least with a decent driver...did go up against a Z06 but the woman driving was just putting along). Don't count the STi out just yet. Gotta say though, the Mini driver has tons of experience, versus the STi driver having "canyon" experience. Not good for a track experience, especially when it comes to consistently picking your breaking points, apex, and exit lines. Believe it or not, it may all come down to braking. If the Mini has upgraded brakes (which looks likely) he may be able to use it to outbrake the STi after the long sweeper. Whoever is in front after that will have the advantage. May end up being a continuous lead swap as long as the both can stick with each other through the curves. Mini passes on the curves, STi passes on the long sweeper, etc. When is this supposed to happen and where at? Wouldn't mind seeing it, but it looks like its West coast.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Should be a good race, I think if the STi pushes it on the straight aways he can really take the Mini, but then again it really seems as if the Mini driver is very experienced. None the less should be a very fun race.

its all in the driver, if someone is willing to do some digging, theres a corolla playing with the big boys. Ferraris and such, best was, he pushed a viper so hard that the viper spun out. Even more, hes stock. It really all depends on the driver and how well he knows the course. Who knows, maybe the mini has a damn good driver?

No i dont own a corolla... good reliable cars though.

pushed a viper so hard that the viper spun out.
    WHAT THE HELL? Man I have a VERY hard time believing this.

Originally posted by damnu
    its all in the driver, if someone is willing to do some digging, theres a corolla playing with the big boys. Ferraris and such, best was, he pushed a viper so hard that the viper spun out. Even more, hes stock. It really all depends on the driver and how well he knows the course. Who knows, maybe the mini has a damn good driver?

lol what the hell? Did the track have no straights?

Originally posted by damnu

Driving skills are very important, but their are just some battles you can't win. I raise the BS flag on that.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Anything is possible...maybe on an short, tight Autox track with the corolla driver being a 3 time class champ and the other drivers all being virgins. Thats about the only place I could see that happening.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

the mini driver looks as if hes way more than qualified. Combined with the adhesive qualities of the mini. Highly modded that is.

Depending on engine mods, the stock Sti probably will only be able to hang, until the nitrous is pressed.

It would still be fun. But its a little unfair comparo. Im sure a race against Cobb's 450hp widebody "cone-basher" would be a little more competative
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

well i cant find the corolla one, but heres something of the same caliber.

http://www.se-r.net/matt/index.html?...ed14ee9862e011

nissan sentra.
    Last edited by damnu; 03-19-2004 at 12:15 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Pretty kewl story. I understand the feeling. No raining on his parade.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast