Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That is what I have seen on 3 different auto review websites. Hmmm..and all this time I have been scared ...

Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4?

That is what I have seen on 3 different auto review websites. Hmmm..and all this time I have been scared to race my friend who has one haha, 6.4? I can almost beat that with my manual tranny F-150. If this is true, I guess its due to the fact it has like 0 low end torque on it, its something terrible like 217, is that how long a stock WRX really takes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

5.4 buddy...

only off by one full second... not bad.

At least thats what subaru says.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Re: Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4?

Originally posted by mball
    That is what I have seen on 3 different auto review websites. Hmmm..and all this time I have been scared to race my friend who has one haha, 6.4? I can almost beat that with my manual tranny F-150. If this is true, I guess its due to the fact it has like 0 low end torque on it, its something terrible like 217, is that how long a stock WRX really takes?
    5.4 although very possible, is not to normal if you dont beat up the car a bit. none the less, expect times of 5.6-5.9 with a good driver. and for your F-150 to do 6.4 stock would have to be a pretty quick truck. that would equate to something like a high 14sec run.

also, although subaru wrx torque is not earth shattering, it doesnt need to be. there are VERY FEW cars that can take one off a line. with its allwheel drive system, the extra torque isnt necessary off the line, and would only cause transmission problems. Help of the line is the last thing the wrx needs.
    What do you drive anyways? due to the wrx allwheel drive advantage, its been known to take cars with upto 50hp more than it off the line.

Drive it like it's been stolen = 5.4 sec

Just normal launch w/o clutch dropping = 6.4 sec

6.4 is slow, the person doing that probably let the clutch out at 1500rpm's.

5.4 is possible stock, sure. side step the clutch and you're golden.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Drive it like it's been stolen = 5.4 sec

Just normal launch w/o clutch dropping = 6.4 sec
    Sure if you drive it easily you would get 6.4... or even a 10.0...

If you drove a Porsche 911 turbo (sub 4 sec 0-60 car) easily you could run 0-60 in 15 seconds...

The question isn't what you hit 60 in while driving normally... the question is what is the WRX capable of!... that being ~5.4
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

I thought 6.4 sounded awfully damn slow, maybe the ones testing it like that were having turbo problems or something. I really have to drive one myself and see what they are like, I am not a big turbo fan due to lag, especially off the line alot of times but I should still check one out.

If insurance companies used that number, insurance would be cheaper.

Re: Re: Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4?

Originally posted by driverj
    If insurance companies used that number, insurance would be cheaper.
    Do they really look at 0-60 times? wow.

I knew they took the Snail into account. No wonder my insurance is through the f-ing roof
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

Re: Re: Re: Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4?

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    Do they really look at 0-60 times? wow.

I knew they took the Snail into account. No wonder my insurance is through the f-ing roof
    The last I saw it was if your car broke the 8.0 sec 0-60 that it starts going up with two of the companies I knew about. My 00 Si was considered high performance when it first came out due to the 7.5 sec 0-60 times that were advertised. Then they consider the power to weight ratios.

When the WRX first came out in the states, it was rated like the Impreza RS. No one had a clue what the car was about. Now they are learning. The figures of the car being a theft magnet will soon hit us as well. Add another $50.00 to $100 for 6 months I would think minimum.

0-60 mph represent nothing about a car other than how much traction/power it can put down off the line. And 50% of this representation has to do with driver skill. In a nutshell, 0-60 mph is a poor depiction of a car potential

I can almost beat that with my manual tranny F-150. If this is true, I guess its due to the fact it has like 0 low end torque on it, its something terrible like 217, is that how long a stock WRX really takes?
    I seriously doubt your truck would get anywhere near that 0-60 time.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Yo

The WRX can do 0-60 on average of 5.6sec w/ a variation of .2 ... I used the GTEC as a baseline a year+ ago and I was doing on average in the stock form ... 5.6 easily. Then it dropped to 5.1 then 4.8 and I haven't tested the most recent times. I'm thinking it's still between 4.7-4.8.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Could be that you saw some reviews of Rexes with automatic transmissions.

I thought 6.4 sounded awfully damn slow, maybe the ones testing it like that were having turbo problems or something. I really have to drive one myself and see what they are like, I am not a big turbo fan due to lag, especially off the line alot of times but I should still check one out.

Turbo cars do not have a problem off the line. A normally aspirated car doesn't just JUMP off the line when you slam on the gas. You have bring the rpm's up, and then let out the clutch. Same goes for a turbo car. Do that in a turbo car, with awd, and trust me, no problems with low end torque. The more you bring up the rpms, the harder your launch, the faster you times will be. The WRX isn't a torque monster, and you do have to work the clutch a little more perhaps to bring the car into its boost range. Slow however, is not something you can call a WRX, ESPECIALLY off the line. Please link the sites you saw these times on. I would like to read how they tested the car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.