Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by dielectric touche' /pedant Ah, so he's not calling me an a$$...

Originally posted by dielectric
    touche'

/pedant
    Ah, so he's not calling me an a$$

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Ah, so he's not calling me an a$$
    No, but he IS saying that you touched him. Sicko.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    definately true, lightenings rock! But we are talking about a stock f-150 here...

New dodge RT/10 viper motor >>>> Lightening!!
    actually, although the v10 is obviously larger, lets not forget that the lightning v8 is supercharged. they both actually run identical times of mid 13's i believe

Wow... didnt know that. I honestly know nothing about either truck. All i know is the SRT/10 has a viper motor, and that roxx!
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

My F-150 is a stock V8 with 260HP. I ran anywhere from 6.7 to 7.0 in the 0-60 the times I clocked it which is why I said I could almost beat that 6.4 0-60. I am driving the WRX tomorrow for the first time and really looking forward to it

stopwatches dont work too well trust me. I thought I was fast as crap when I clocked 4 sec 0-60's in my z3.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by mball
    My F-150 is a stock V8 with 260HP. I ran anywhere from 6.7 to 7.0 in the 0-60 the times I clocked it which is why I said I could almost beat that 6.4 0-60. I am driving the WRX tomorrow for the first time and really looking forward to it
    Enjoy yourself... and be warned, its more addicting than heroin.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Thanks, I will. Well since no one is respoding to this question in the off topic section, I'll post it here too.

I live in the desert and since I may end up with a car that has a turbo, how do they fair in 110-120 degree summer days? I was just wondering if they have any problems running on days like that. Thanks.

Yo

Actually, there seems to be a majority consensus that when you do "drive it like you stole it" the car actually works and feels better. Any mountain run or racing, my car ALWAYS feels better. That's probably why my car doesn't feel as fast now because I'm not driving it "as" hard.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

6.4 is the wrx w/auto tranny
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Also keep in mind that the 04s, due to the heavier flywheel and differrent cluth setup (that keeps you from dumping the clutch) are much slower than the original 02s that rolled of the assembly line. Those are the ones that Car and Driver were getting 5.4 with.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

When my car was stock 5k rpm and up after the jerky "hesitation problem" my car felt much faster than my buddy's 02.

Trust me, I can launch just as fast as anybody else.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by mball
    Thanks, I will. Well since no one is respoding to this question in the off topic section, I'll post it here too.

I live in the desert and since I may end up with a car that has a turbo, how do they fair in 110-120 degree summer days? I was just wondering if they have any problems running on days like that. Thanks.
    I say if you end up with the WRX in the desert, get it tinted. The airconditioning is not as strong as Toyota's or Honda's, but the tinting does help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123