Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I relate driving a turbo car to that of a GP race bike or a dirtbike, with a 2-cycle engine. ...

I relate driving a turbo car to that of a GP race bike or a dirtbike, with a 2-cycle engine. They make maximum horsepower over a VERY narrow range, like 6K-7K RPM. Of course it varies, but anyway on a race-tuned 2-cycle you have virtually no power outside of that narrow power band.

Once you get into that mindset, keeping the WRX in "performance mode" is pretty simple. It's not nearly as abrupt as a GP bike, but hopefully you get the picture. When I see people complain about turbo lag and low torque at 1500 RPM, it just tells me that they're not making the most of the tools they've been given.

On my first test drive with the WRX, I'd never driven a turbo car before, but once I felt the nonlinear power curve, I knew it was the car for me. I just love that kick at 3000 RPM, it reminds me of getting the Yamaha Banshee "on the pipe" where the whole world goes into fast forward. Hooah!
    ribonucleic acid freakout

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by dielectric
    I relate driving a turbo car to that of a GP race bike or a dirtbike, with a 2-cycle engine. They make maximum horsepower over a VERY narrow range, like 6K-7K RPM. Of course it varies, but anyway on a race-tuned 2-cycle you have virtually no power outside of that narrow power band.

Once you get into that mindset, keeping the WRX in "performance mode" is pretty simple. It's not nearly as abrupt as a GP bike, but hopefully you get the picture. When I see people complain about turbo lag and low torque at 1500 RPM, it just tells me that they're not making the most of the tools they've been given.

On my first test drive with the WRX, I'd never driven a turbo car before, but once I felt the nonlinear power curve, I knew it was the car for me. I just love that kick at 3000 RPM, it reminds me of getting the Yamaha Banshee "on the pipe" where the whole world goes into fast forward. Hooah!
    The S4 solves that low end torque problem . Seriously though, if driven properly, the WRX has more than enough power for any kind of driving you have to do. The only weakness it really has is its lack of high end power, cause you don't have the necessary tools to make up for it (in a stock car). It will however get you to 100 and beyond, and anything around that speed is not necessary anyway.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    The S4 solves that low end torque problem . Seriously though, if driven properly, the WRX has more than enough power for any kind of driving you have to do. The only weakness it really has is its lack of high end power, cause you don't have the necessary tools to make up for it (in a stock car). It will however get you to 100 and beyond, and anything around that speed is not necessary anyway.
    I definitely agree that it's got enough, stock, to do just about everything I ask. That didn't stop me from ordering an AccessPORT and stiffening up the suspension a bit, though.

If it's stock, it's broken!

Originally posted by dielectric
    If it's stock, it's broken!
    D@MN RIGHT!!

Re: Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4?

Originally posted by mball
    I can almost beat that with my manual tranny F-150. If this is true, I guess its due to the fact it has like 0 low end torque on it, its something terrible like 217
    News Flash
    F-150s ARE NOT FAST

Re: Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4?

Originally posted by mball
    I can almost beat that with my manual tranny F-150.
    I can almost believe it, really. An F-150 would presumably have a really, really low first gear for pulling stumps or birthing calves or something. So you'd wind it out in first gear pretty quick, and the tall 1-2 shift would probably end all the fun.

This is all assuming the pavement is dry and you don't spin the tires with that RWD open diff with no weight on it at all. My S-10 could get stuck in wet grass.

Re: Re: Stock WRX does 0-60 in 6.4?

Originally posted by CKxx
    News Flash
    F-150s ARE NOT FAST
    Unless it says Lightning afterwards

If your truck is that fast... you should look forward to racing a wrx at the track! (assuming you take your race truck to the track, since its so fast) hey, you never know, you might beat a wrx
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    If your truck is that fast... you should look forward to racing a wrx at the track! (assuming you take your race truck to the track, since its so fast) hey, you never know, you might beat a wrx
    There are many trucks that can beat a WRX. Most are not stock obviously, but there are plenty of modded trucks that could easily handle a WRX, or just about any car for that matter. A lightening for one can handle a WRX bone stock. Others will need some mods most likely. Ever see a gigantic 4 ton Diesel pickup whooping cars at the track? They can be made into beasts. Torque, torque, and more torque.

definately true, lightenings rock! But we are talking about a stock f-150 here...

New dodge RT/10 viper motor >>>> Lightening!!
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

definately true, lightenings rock! But we are talking about a stock f-150 here...

New dodge RT/10 viper motor >>>> Lightening!!
    He never said the F150 was stock, so we don't know for sure. Also, its the SRT10 motor. The RT/10 is the targa style previous gen Viper.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    He never said the F150 was stock, so we don't know for sure. Also, its the SRT10 motor. The RT/10 is the targa style previous gen Viper.
    tushay (sp?)
    All show and no go . . .

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)

tushay (sp?)
    tushy? You calling me an a$$

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXreX
    Drive it like it's been stolen = 5.4 sec
    Always,baby
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

tushay (sp?)
    touche'

/pedant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.