why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; all of u guys in youre wrx's and sti's you all talk about how u run low 13s stock in ...

why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

all of u guys in youre wrx's and sti's

you all talk about how u run low 13s stock in youre wrx's and break the 12s in youre stock sti's well yes if every car had allwheeldrive and able to launch at 6000rpm they would also get good times like that.

just because youre faster at the 1/4 than most cars doesnt mean you will beat them from a roll look at the trap speed not too high .

u guys dont kill youre drivetrain?. i mean its insane every time i go to the track i ask all the wrx's what u running? they answer 13.7 stock i look at them and say stock but then they tell me they launch at 6000 rpm. u guys are killing youre cars to make good times just never underatand why u guys do that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kind of car do you have?
    And btw i launch my car at about 4500 rpm.

I've never of anyone hitting 13's on a stock WRX.

Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by audirs6

you all talk about how u run low 13s stock in youre wrx's and break the 12s in youre stock sti's well yes if every car had allwheeldrive and able to launch at 6000rpm they would also get good times like that.

just because youre faster at the 1/4 than most cars doesnt mean you will beat them from a roll look at the trap speed not too high .

u guys dont kill youre drivetrain?. i mean its insane every time i go to the track i ask all the wrx's what u running? they answer 13.7 stock i look at them and say stock but then they tell me they launch at 6000 rpm. u guys are killing youre cars to make good times just never underatand why u guys do that.
    haha this guy is crazy, droping the clutch at "6000" does wear on ur car and everyone knows that. If you ask most drivers they'll will tell you they don't launch like that or most fade the clutch. But thats the benefit of AWD. They also make a shiet load of parts that strengthen the drivetrain.

I have never launched my car at 6k...more like 4-5k. I'll admit a stock WRX is not very fast from a roll. I don't worry about that anymore.

Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by audirs6

if every car had allwheeldrive and able to launch at 6000rpm they would also get good times like that.
    Well they dont but thats the advantage of the WRX it has the AWD and that is why it is a quick car from a stop.

Racing from a roll only shows how much HP your car puts out. It doesnt require as much skill as racing from a dig. Im sorry but mnost anyone can plant thier right foot and let thier car do the talking, not their abilities as a drivier.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by PolarisSnT
    Well they dont but thats the advantage of the WRX it has the AWD and that is why it is a quick car from a stop.

Racing from a roll only shows how much HP your car puts out. It doesnt require as much skill as racing from a dig. Im sorry but mnost anyone can plant thier right foot and let thier car do the talking, not their abilities as a drivier.
    Racing in general is ALLLLL about who has more money. Take an RS6 which ONLY comes in auto and run it against a 5 speed toyota corolla from a stop. Put the better driver in the corolla. Both cars stock, who wins? The guy with the deeper pocket will win everytime in that case. Every car has its strengths. Every WRX owner says that racing from a roll requires no skill. Every LS1 driver says racing from a stop proves nothing cause it only matters when you are running in triple digit speeds. The arguments will go on forever.

Re: Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Racing in general is ALLLLL about who has more money. Take an RS6 which ONLY comes in auto and run it against a 5 speed toyota corolla from a stop. Put the better driver in the corolla. Both cars stock, who wins? The guy with the deeper pocket will win everytime in that case. Every car has its strengths. Every WRX owner says that racing from a roll requires no skill. Every LS1 driver says racing from a stop proves nothing cause it only matters when you are running in triple digit speeds. The arguments will go on forever.
    oh sooo true......

i always thought it was who uses theyre money wisley in knowing what to buy an when to buy it.

Originally posted by POLAR
    i always thought it was who uses theyre money wisley in knowing what to buy an when to buy it.
    Obviouisly thats a factor but if u have two experienced racers one that has $50,000 and one that has $20,000, obviously the guy with the neon is gonna get whooped!

most people running on stock trans/drivetrain does not drop the clutch at 6k rpms. thats just asking for new synchros and gears.
    I think most people here with common sense and relative knowledge launch around 4500 and others at 5k. and you shouldnt drop the clutch, slipping it is much safer.

this advantage is what makes the wrx a fast car. without the allwheel drive it would be more likely a high 14sec car on par with the rsx-s and such in the 1/4 mile.

I dont recall ever hearing of a 13.7 in a stock rex. car and driver got an awesome time of 14.1 and that was with a good driver and launching at 5.5k rpm.

Originally posted by Liquid
    Obviouisly thats a factor but if u have two experienced racers one that has $50,000 and one that has $20,000, obviously the guy with the neon is gonna get whooped!
    How about the SRT-4? It ain't all that slow. I read somewhere that racing from a roll is like masterbation, not like the real thing as from a dig.
    Drifting away...

haha. see sig.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Speedstars
    How about the SRT-4? It ain't all that slow. I read somewhere that racing from a roll is like masterbation, not like the real thing as from a dig.
    Are you confused? What does ^that have to do with anything. I agree i think racing from a roll is really just figuring out what car has more power. Racing from a stop is a combination of hp, car setup, and driver skill/experience. AWD cars do have an advantage from a launch and eveyrone knows that(its bad ass!). But its a combination of power and traction. I whooped an rs sooby with an intake and exhaust at the strip with my bone stock rsx(at the time). When the light went green he was already 4 car lengths ahead of me. I cought up and whoopd on him!

You're at a track and you are racing...wouldn't you use your advantage? Might as well just donate your money to charity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.