why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Basicly i forgot how i found this site? uhh let me think. Oh now i know some guy on this ...

Basicly i forgot how i found this site? uhh let me think. Oh now i know some guy on this forum posted a story that was bs about beating a RS6.

Raced an AUDI RS6

and it was brought up on the RS6 site and that is how it started.

then i decided since i have a Xt iw ould sign up anyway and post about the RS6 since you guys are the one who brought it up not me

edit: plus the only place where i mentioned audirs6 is either an audi thread or this thread thats all i posted about audis. i posted mostly on other threads. i will now only mentione audi where it is brought up.
    Last edited by audirs6; 04-04-2004 at 06:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

even motor trend does it

Quote from recent comparison:

" Launching the STi is far easier and more entertaning than in the MR. Wind the engine over 6000rpm, dump the clutch and hang on."

"Just 1.2 seconds to 30"

thats funny Faster then the ferrari enzo and porche carrera GT and Ford Gt.

ahh thats why stis are killing M3s and porches to 60.

Just kidding

i guess since you can do it you might as well. beating a ferrari 360 to 60 mph is pretty cool i have to admit.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

four pages of responses to a thread started by a moron

ok

and a lame necro-post at that. . .
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I just get so sick of reading how AWD is "unfair". How the hell is it unfair? That argument is about as dumb as a person with AWD saying that running a RWD car is unfair because it has less drivetrain loss.

I also get sick of hearing people say "yeah well give me slicks and I'll pull the same 60' times." My AWD is always "on", your slicks aren't. Furthermore, that'd be like the AWD driver saying "well give me some mods for 30-50 more horsepower to make up for the drivetrain loss." The whole argument is just retarded.

A lot of Honda drivers launch from 3-5K as well so that they can launch using their higher cam profile. Sure it takes more skill and better tires to make it an effective launch but AWD drivers aren't the only ones that launch. AWD just happens to be the best for launching (and admittedly the most stressful on the components.)

The whole point of racing is to be faster than the other guy. Period. If AWD launching is "gay" and "unfair", then why do the Audis do it on the track? Ever watched on the Speed GT series? Those Audis launch like mad.
    2005 Aspen White STi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.