why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by audirs6 Its also called i do but it only revs up to 2200 rpm vs manual would ...

Originally posted by audirs6
    Its also called i do but it only revs up to 2200 rpm vs manual would go to 6000 rpm
    Then your torque converter SUCKS. Anyway what do you know about performance driving a slushbox??

Can you even DRIVE A STICK?
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Samirr76
    nah dont ban him....then he'll get the satisfaction of knowing he pissed people off on someone else's forum.

let him continue to make a fool of himself.
    He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this isn't YOUR board either. It is a public forum. As annoying as he my be, he hasn't said anything offensive to deem him bannable. You seem to attack people more than he does actually. Just ignore him if he bothers you.

The whole point of going out and racing another car is to use your cars advantages against whatever advantages the other guy has and seeing which "advantages win out". Also If everyone raced from a roll, there would be no point to race. It would be much safer to just take the cars out to a dyno see who has the most horsepower and let the celebrating begin. You have an audi with an automatic transmission and a nice motor, it isn't made for drag racing. Neither are WRX's, but at least their car lets the driver have the option to take advantage of their awd. Sounds to me like someone is mad cause an STi worth half the money toasted him somewhere. Next time you race a wrx or sti just ask the owner, im sure that he or she would gladly do a 2000 rpm clutch drop so that you aren't so intimidated.

Originally posted by mhsking
    The whole point of going out and racing another car is to use your cars advantages against whatever advantages the other guy has and seeing which "advantages win out". Also If everyone raced from a roll, there would be no point to race. It would be much safer to just take the cars out to a dyno see who has the most horsepower and let the celebrating begin. You have an audi with an automatic transmission and a nice motor, it isn't made for drag racing. Neither are WRX's, but at least their car lets the driver have the option to take advantage of their awd. Sounds to me like someone is mad cause an STi worth half the money toasted him somewhere. Next time you race a wrx or sti just ask the owner, im sure that he or she would gladly do a 2000 rpm clutch drop so that you aren't so intimidated.
    Um, I really don't think that is the case. I just think he is stirring up trouble just for the hell of it. Even with the auto, the RS6 is in the mid 12's in the 1/4. That's pretty darn fast stock.

I know how fast an rs6 is stock, I see that you have an opinion on what he is doing, so I am entitled to the same. It is very possible that this goober saw an Sti sitting beside him thought he would polish off this little boxy looking rice car no problem. Preceeded to underestimate him and got beaten. Its possible. But that is not the important part of what I said. So im not really sure why you responded to that part. Guess you just wanted to let me have your opinion about something that wasn't important to this pointless thread.

Also why respond the way you did to this guy?

let him continue to make a fool of himself. nah dont ban him....then he'll get the satisfaction of knowing he pissed people off on someone else's forum.

He isn't the one calling for him to be banned.
    Last edited by mhsking; 04-04-2004 at 11:12 AM.

I know how fast an rs6 is stock, I see that you have an opinion on what he is doing, so I am entitled to the same. It is very possible that this goober saw an Sti sitting beside him thought he would polish off this little boxy looking rice car no problem. Preceeded to underestimate him and got beaten. Its possible. But that is not the important part of what I said. So im not really sure why you responded to that part. Guess you just wanted to let me have your opinion about something that wasn't important to this pointless thread.

Also why respond the way you did to this guy?

let him continue to make a fool of himself. nah dont ban him....then he'll get the satisfaction of knowing he pissed people off on someone else's forum.

He isn't the one calling for him to be banned.
    You've had a dozen posts so far, so maybe you don't know about people's personalities here yet. The person I was responding to responds in a most hostile manner most of the time. Either way, let this guy go. Why you seem to want to attack me is beyond me.

Originally posted by Samirr76
    Then your torque converter SUCKS. Anyway what do you know about performance driving a slushbox??

Can you even DRIVE A STICK?
    First of all the reason why it only revs up to 2200 because audi put a limiter on so you DONT go drag racing . They dont want you to go racing because its under warranty.

And btw 12.4 is not exactly slow

and about bannig me everybody jumped when i asked if anybody raced an RS6 i have a subaru forester xt thats why i joined this site thought it had a section. But now i found SUbaruforester.com and it has answered soo many questions so maybe i dont belong here.

And one more thing i never got beaten by any subaru nor any car YET a sti will have to have a lot of mods in order to beat an RS6. i am not saying athere is no subaru that can beat the rs6.

Originally posted by audirs6
    First of all the reason why it only revs up to 2200 because audi put a limiter on so you DONT go drag racing . They dont want you to go racing because its under warranty.

And btw 12.4 is not exactly slow

and about bannig me everybody jumped when i asked if anybody raced an RS6 i have a subaru forester xt thats why i joined this site thought it had a section. But now i found SUbaruforester.com and it has answered soo many questions so maybe i dont belong here.

And one more thing i never got beaten by any subaru nor any car YET a sti will have to have a lot of mods in order to beat an RS6. i am not saying athere is no subaru that can beat the rs6.
    For 12.4...what mods does it have?

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

The question asked was, "why do most WRX owners launch from 6k?"...I think the more important question is...Why do some of them not launch from 6k??

If I had a WRX id launch the biatch from the revlimiter every time...when stuff tore up- id replace it with stronger stuff. Thats jus me and my .02$.

When I race a Suberau, if it doesnt leave the line from the revlimiter flat on the floor- win or loose, I feel like I didnt get the full package. Run what cha brung....they (WRX drivers) brung AWD, so they have full right to run it! However- I do get pissed when they wanna run in bad conditions and slam on the brakes at 60....I get irrate at that pt. ;-)
    My doctor said that I need to eat some rice from time to time, its good for my health.

Modded 4.6L GT
    Eneough to eat a WRX from a dig.

You've had a dozen posts so far, so maybe you don't know about people's personalities here yet. The person I was responding to responds in a most hostile manner most of the time. Either way, let this guy go. Why you seem to want to attack me is beyond me.

Not trying to attack you. I have no problem with you, I was just trying to add another possible perspective to the thread. This guy audirs6 has forty some odd posts on this forum, and ninety percent of them are about audi's. It was just beyond me why a guy with an rs6 would even waste his time on this forum. He cleared that up by saying that he has a forrester. Maybe on the forrester forum he will actually post about forresters and not audis. Probably not. Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you, but just don't assume that people with a dozen posts are irrelevant or don't know what is going on. Also just because I have only a dozen posts doesn't mean that I haven't been here for over a year.

Originally posted by renichms
    For 12.4...what mods does it have?

RN
    I've seen quoted times anywhere from 12.4 to 12.8. Not sure what the "norm" is though.

Not trying to attack you. I have no problem with you, I was just trying to add another possible perspective to the thread. This guy audirs6 has forty some odd posts on this forum, and ninety percent of them are about audi's. It was just beyond me why a guy with an rs6 would even waste his time on this forum. He cleared that up by saying that he has a forrester. Maybe on the forrester forum he will actually post about forresters and not audis. Probably not. Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you, but just don't assume that people with a dozen posts are irrelevant or don't know what is going on. Also just because I have only a dozen posts doesn't mean that I haven't been here for over a year.
    For starters, I didn't say you were irrelevant. I just said you probably don't know people's different personalities. If you had 1 post your opinion still counts. I have seen the rs6 guy post stuff other than audi related, but I know what you mean. He comes across in a smug manner. And don't worry, I have no prolems with you

cool,

i wasn't saying that you said i was irrelevant.... well thats kinda what it sounded like..... oh well sorry not what i was trying to say.

Why do I launch at 6k rpm, you ask?

Because I can! Woohoo! 1.64 60', now that's what AWD is all about.

If I would have tried that with my '01 Camaro, I would have been picking up lots of pieces.
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

Originally posted by copracer288
    Why do I launch at 6k rpm, you ask?

Because I can! Woohoo! 1.64 60', now that's what AWD is all about.

If I would have tried that with my '01 Camaro, I would have been picking up lots of pieces.

thats wut id be doin if I had AWD...but I have slicks on the way ;-)
    My doctor said that I need to eat some rice from time to time, its good for my health.

Modded 4.6L GT
    Eneough to eat a WRX from a dig.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast