why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 2001S4 Every LS1 driver says racing from a stop proves nothing cause it only matters when you ...

Re: Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Every LS1 driver says racing from a stop proves nothing cause it only matters when you are running in triple digit speeds.
    There are certainly exceptions...

My friend has a camaro and would love to race anybody from a stop cause he can launch/drive like a friggin beast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by CKxx
    There are certainly exceptions...

My friend has a camaro and would love to race anybody from a stop cause he can launch/drive like a friggin beast.
    Of course there are exceptions. I am just talking about the majority. The real point is everyone has their particular advantage and will try to utilize it. What usually happens is one side says that the other is making an excuse (ie. how about we race from a dig), or vice versa (ie. lets take it to the freeway). Neither side is wrong for wanting to utilize their advantages.

Thumbs down

What a pointless argument.

If the WRX didn't have four wheel drive it wouldn't be as fast from a standing start. I wouldn't be as fast around the bends on a wet road either. If it didn't have a turbo it wouldn't be as fast.

It takes skill to launch a WRX correctly and it takes more skill to launch a FWD car without spinning the front wheels. It also takes skill to know when to change gear for whatever car you're driving to get the best from a roll.

Why not have a go at the RS6 drivers using full-auto transmission from a roll? It takes no skill at all to put your foot down and hold it there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by audirs6
    what you need to be checked out a corrola with the best driver in the world cannot come close to a fats auto no matter. and for the "roll" argument what do u do when a guy in a vette wants to race on the highway u race from stop or roll
    i mean for the real world roll is what matters unless youre going drag racing only.

and for 6k rpm first of all i saw it myself at the track where a stock wrx hit 13s and secon heres a video to show what i mean.

the sti gets a jump then the camaro is catching up soooo fast only the sti was scared and stoped before the camaro caught up lol

http://home.comcast.net/~norcalsti/STIvsSS.mpeg
    1) this isnt a stock wrx
    2) you know this guy just ran a 13 second 1/4mi how?
    3) please watch the movie again...the camaro brakes first. the STi doesnt brake at all in this video.
    4) MY STi with moderate mods has beaten a modded LS1 trans am from a roll.
    5) this thread is so pointless.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

This is pointless. WRX is rally inspired not a dragster. Camero. mustang ect.
    are built for straight line fastness. WRX are built for straight line quickness
    and taking corners at 90 . Over all the WRX is a better car all around. Quick
    in the straight, fast into corners no matter what the conditions outside.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    1) this isnt a stock wrx
    3) please watch the movie again...the camaro brakes first. the STi doesnt brake at all in this video.
    I was wondering if we were watching the same vid. And number 5 gets my vote.

Originally posted by Boogaloo
    This is pointless. WRX is rally inspired not a dragster. Camero. mustang ect.
    are built for straight line fastness. WRX are built for straight line quickness
    and taking corners at 90 . Over all the WRX is a better car all around. Quick
    in the straight, fast into corners no matter what the conditions outside.
    I see another whole new can of worms being opened with this.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    1) this isnt a stock wrx
    2) you know this guy just ran a 13 second 1/4mi how?
    4) MY STi with moderate mods has beaten a modded LS1 trans am from a roll.
    We have a winner.

Personally, I launch from 7250 RPM or so, but I NEVER dump the clutch. I race from a dig or roll, depending on situation. Since I tend to be at the track, the only real option is from a dig...

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

The fame of my quote grows.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by 2001S4
    You are missing the point. You can buy a used Neon for 3 grand. Buy a used WRX for 15 grand. Now put 5 grand into the WRX. Put 45 grand into the Neon. I think we know which would win. Of course most people are not going to do that unless they are building a track only race car. Just trying to point out that the particular car does not matter. The money is the deciding factor.
    At the same time, take the guy with his pretty new mustang for what like 20g's the or hell take take the 03 cobra. There about 30k, and run like a 12.9. Then put that up against a 91 talon AWD with like 3-5 grand into a car you spent 2 g's on. And bust the 30k dollar cars ass. The same could go for a old mustange or camaro. It's not always who spends the most money but who spends what they have the smartest.

I saw to 240xs's race sunday at the track, one was older and stock, while the newer one claimed to have like 3 grand in mods. The one with 3 grand in it ran like 2-3 tenths faster than the stock one.

I also saw a 91 crx run 11.5 it was modded pretty good. And there was a 750hp supra running 11.6. It's not always most powerfull or most expensive car that wins. The supra did trap like 20 mph faster that the crx but the crx could get to the end quicker.

Reason #37 i dont go to the track and play the 1/4 game.

I bought a WRX for real world drivability. Whether its on dirt or road, raining, snowing or dry its overall better than a just a fast camaro at the track. Plus its a 4 door!

AWD launch haters now......blasphemy!!!!!!

Youre audi izz teh god.

I assume this person isn't indicative in general of Audi owners? Somehow I assumed more from them...

I don't launch my car @ 6k either, so I guess I can't answer that for ya.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

This thread is definitely the most useless thread ever.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Originally posted by aheineken
    This thread is definitely the most useless thread ever.
    na, there are some just as worthless.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.