why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by audirs6 all of u guys in youre wrx's and sti's you all talk about how u run ...

Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by audirs6
    all of u guys in youre wrx's and sti's

you all talk about how u run low 13s stock in youre wrx's and break the 12s in youre stock sti's well yes if every car had allwheeldrive and able to launch at 6000rpm they would also get good times like that.

just because youre faster at the 1/4 than most cars doesnt mean you will beat them from a roll look at the trap speed not too high .
    you smell that? hmm?

u guys dont kill youre drivetrain?. i mean its insane every time i go to the track i ask all the wrx's what u running? they answer 13.7 stock i look at them and say stock but then they tell me they launch at 6000 rpm. u guys are killing youre cars to make good times just never underatand why u guys do that.
    not a lot of people are lauching at 6000rpm's. you're asking for trouble if you do.

you don't understand why we launch our cars? I don't understand why you even go there. why wouldn't you?

I think I hear the whambulance coming. shh, do you hear it?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

well yes if every car had allwheeldrive and able to launch at 6000rpm they would also get good times like that.
    Do you want us to disable the turbo as well? Because after all, if other cars had turbos pushing 14.5 PSI, they could get good times like that too.

Last edited by DenverWRX; 03-14-2004 at 12:27 AM.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.
    Modifications

Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by DenverWRX
    Do you want us to disable the turbo as well? Because after all, if other cars had turbos pushing 14.5 PSI, they could get good times like that too.

i wanna disable my turbo to mess with people... then when they got their confidence, turn the turbo and beat their ass...

plus i think it'd be amusing (for awhile) to how a 2.0L N/A drives...

Yo

When I "launch" it's usually between 4.5K rpm +/- .5. It's actually funny because I'm less likely to launch now due to the "tranny breaking issue" so I reserve it for real play or race. I usually go from a 5mph roll to 5-10mph above the speed limit. I actually need to be more confident sometimes as I something launch too soon before the 4.5K rpm mark and bog. Oh well, practice makes perfect.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I used to do plain old clutch drops right when i got the car... until my 2nd gear busted on a upshift way too fast for the stock synchros. Ive learned a smoother teqhnique that feathers slightly, but spins the tires 8 times out of 10. 10x our of 10 if yer on stock RE92's.

With the stickier pep boys tires, i get a spin, squeal and Im off. I hold revvs to 5, lower to about 4.5. Wait for the tree (track), or stoplight (street), hit the gas and youll wind up with a 5K launch under a small amount of boost which helps spin the tires.

We didnt buy audi's so we dont really treat em like audi's... (for those who launch @ high rpm)

I love beating on my car, its why i spent the money. If i had a toyota echo, id never attempt drifting sessions, highspeed cornering, launching and donuts...

Its what makes me smile that counts...
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by Liquid
    Obviouisly thats a factor but if u have two experienced racers one that has $50,000 and one that has $20,000, obviously the guy with the neon is gonna get whooped!
    You are missing the point. You can buy a used Neon for 3 grand. Buy a used WRX for 15 grand. Now put 5 grand into the WRX. Put 45 grand into the Neon. I think we know which would win. Of course most people are not going to do that unless they are building a track only race car. Just trying to point out that the particular car does not matter. The money is the deciding factor.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    You are missing the point. You can buy a used Neon for 3 grand. Buy a used WRX for 15 grand. Now put 5 grand into the WRX. Put 45 grand into the Neon. I think we know which would win. Of course most people are not going to do that unless they are building a track only race car. Just trying to point out that the particular car does not matter. The money is the deciding factor.
    Im not missing the point, i was actually going to say what u just said but figured having to exerpienced racers with unequal amounts of money and a pursuit to have a fast car would be enough, whoever has more money in the end is going to be faster. It's common sense. But i think the point got across

Re: Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Racing in general is ALLLLL about who has more money. Take an RS6 which ONLY comes in auto and run it against a 5 speed toyota corolla from a stop. Put the better driver in the corolla. Both cars stock, who wins? The guy with the deeper pocket will win everytime in that case. Every car has its strengths. Every WRX owner says that racing from a roll requires no skill. Every LS1 driver says racing from a stop proves nothing cause it only matters when you are running in triple digit speeds. The arguments will go on forever.
    what you need to be checked out a corrola with the best driver in the world cannot come close to a fats auto no matter. and for the "roll" argument what do u do when a guy in a vette wants to race on the highway u race from stop or roll
    i mean for the real world roll is what matters unless youre going drag racing only.

and for 6k rpm first of all i saw it myself at the track where a stock wrx hit 13s and secon heres a video to show what i mean.

the sti gets a jump then the camaro is catching up soooo fast only the sti was scared and stoped before the camaro caught up lol

http://home.comcast.net/~norcalsti/STIvsSS.mpeg

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Re: Re: why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm

what you need to be checked out a corrola with the best driver in the world cannot come close to a fats auto no matter. and for the "roll" argument what do u do when a guy in a vette wants to race on the highway u race from stop or roll
    i mean for the real world roll is what matters unless youre going drag racing only.

and for 6k rpm first of all i saw it myself at the track where a stock wrx hit 13s and secon heres a video to show what i mean.

the sti gets a jump then the camaro is catching up soooo fast only the sti was scared and stoped before the camaro caught up lol

teh wtf lol brb omg lmoa 2fazt2fureus omg teh illiterateness own2z u!11!!!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Uhhh...then why didnt I see the STi brake lights go on at all. I only saw the camaros light up. Dont turn this into another Roll vs Stop BS thread.

i dont know but it looks to me the sti's brake light went on

This is just a poor way to open a thread...

"why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm"

And even if we "all" did launch at 6000rpm, who cares?

Retarded much? MY whole point was that one car is auto and just about anybody would beat even the best driver in the world in the 5 speed manual car. Perhaps your reading comprehension isn't up to adult level. Here is another news flash. REAL WORLD RACING IS FOR RETARDS. It is dangerous and pointless. What's the point, to prove to that guy next to you that you never met that you have bigger balls? There is no such thing as racing from a roll OR racing from a dig being the ONLY thing that matters. Like I said earlier and many times before, every car has its strength and everyone will try to use the strengths of THAT car to put them in a winning position. I still say don't race on the street though. There is no point.

Originally posted by Salient
    This is just a poor way to open a thread...

"why do all wrx drivers launch at 6000rpm"

And even if we "all" did launch at 6000rpm, who cares?

rofl.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast